Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

What is so disingenuous to me is the democrats making such a big fuss over not wanting to okay funding of a border wall meant for better security and welfare of American citizens when there already is somewhere around 3,000 +/- miles of mostly government funded, comparable, extra tall, rigid masonry construction sound barrier "walls" along major highways and interstates all across our country, the sole purpose of which is to reduce traffic noise.

In my opinion, none of this is nor has been about the funding of Trump's border wall for the democrats but all about blocking and creating havoc out of anything and everything they can that he wants to do that they know would be a positive for our country.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by BuzzH

There is no way that a 1,926 mile wall is going to be built. Not taking into account that unpopular (I used to think by the "conservatives" on this site) of having to claim eminent domain of private property, having a large sovereign Indian Reservation along a large part of the border in AZ, and not to mention the logistics and cost of even attempting such a project...makes the wall a pipe dream.

I dont think the Indian Rez in AZ is as big a problem as people think. If you build a better wall on all the border sections around the Rez and the Rez has to start taking on all the drug and human trafficking just because it is human nature to take the path of least resistance, they will be begging the government to build a wall on the Rez section too. Same will happen with some of the ranchers on the southern border as well once they see the increase in traffic in the less protected areas of the border.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
[Linked Image]

Laffin'...yeah, the "fence" along a large portion in Arizona is sort of "there". I mean other than the places where the 3 strands haven't been broken for 50 years.

You talk about getting outside the city limits...take your own advice.

I'll have to see if I can dig up some pictures I have standing in Mexico along that "fence".

WAFJ you are.

Gonna stick with that number of 1926 miles of barrier to build?

Seems I remember some of the money asked to to strengthen existing fences or walls...??

Call your buddy Jim up. He'll tell you there's wall and barrier already built. He made the point quite well.

[Linked Image]

No need to post another hero pic... We are sick of your lyin' baby face. sick

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by The_Chadster

There is no way that a 1,926 mile wall is going to be built. Not taking into account that unpopular (I used to think by the "conservatives" on this site) of having to claim eminent domain of private property, having a large sovereign Indian Reservation along a large part of the border in AZ, and not to mention the logistics and cost of even attempting such a project...makes the wall a pipe dream.

I dont think the Indian Rez in AZ is as big a problem as people think. If you build a better wall on all the border sections around the Rez and the Rez has to start taking on all the drug and human trafficking just because it is human nature to take the path of least resistance, they will be begging the government to build a wall on the Rez section too. Same will happen with some of the ranchers on the southern border as well once they see the increase in traffic in the less protected areas of the border.

Path of least resistance?

Obviously you haven't been down there...funny chit. Building the "wall" along the rez will be interesting, and expensive.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
He could start in BBNP where the Feds own the land. Of course, that’s not where a wall is needed but that’s beside the point. His EPA would be up in arms as well.

Face it.... this National Emergency BS is nothing but a face saving device for Trump.

If he gets the wall it's more than face saving. It saves thousands of Americans from murder, rape, assault, etc, etc.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DW7
The flow of migrants correlates with our economy, like the coyote and the rabbit. You been down there this year Buzz?

Well, technically not in 2019, but was there for a couple week in mid-late December 2018. Camped in my wall tent the whole time and never had any problem with illegals. Once again, same as 2016, saw very little illegal sign and virtually no trash. This guy did invade my wall tent for about 20 minutes...thought I was going to have to call the Border Patrol. May have crossed the border, I didn't check for a green card.

[Linked Image]

Less than a mile from the border:

[Linked Image]

No illegals but did glass up 46 coues deer, 17 mule deer, 5 javelina, a coyote, and a bobcat from this spot though.

[Linked Image]

As per usual with my hunts in Arizona...ended in success.

[Linked Image]

But if anyone asks, I would stay away from the border, its a dangerous place with all the illegals, ms-13 gang members, and other "very, most dangerous people", and the hunting sucks.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
[Linked Image]

Laffin'...yeah, the "fence" along a large portion in Arizona is sort of "there". I mean other than the places where the 3 strands haven't been broken for 50 years.

You talk about getting outside the city limits...take your own advice.

I'll have to see if I can dig up some pictures I have standing in Mexico along that "fence".

WAFJ you are.

Gonna stick with that number of 1926 miles of barrier to build?

Seems I remember some of the money asked to to strengthen existing fences or walls...

Yes, because a vast majority of the "wall" and "fence" wouldn't stop a 5 year old from crossing...been there and seen it. Saying some of the money is needed to "strengthen" existing walls or fences is a funny euphemism. Like I said, the old 3 strand is in major disrepair.

Some day, when you get a hall pass from the old folks home, take a spin over to AZ and check out your "wall" and "fence". If you ask nice, I'm sure the staff there will give you a couple pudding cups in your lunch box, and a change of depends.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by boatammo
What most people don't realize.
drones, electronic surveilance , sensors, etc. don't do a bit of good until we change the laws that give them rights as soon as they touch US soil. We'll know they are here but can do nothing about it. WOOPEE!
The only thing that will stop any of them is a wall or bullets. I hate to say what I would prefer.

Exactly. All that high tech stuff is great for watching them cross so they can be picked up and registered as applicants for refugee status, then let loose into the US never to be heard from again.

Until they kill or rape or assault someone.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The only question is if the Dems want to bargain and get a few things or if they want nothing.

Oh, and apparently the thought that a declaration of national emergency will get blocked by the courts is a little unfounded. It seems that those sorts of EOs if challenged, go directly to the Supreme Court and they have never overruled a president on one.

I really don't quite understand how any court could ever really challenge his declaration of an emergency.................seems more than just a little clear-cut that's it's well within his purview & there have been enough precedents set that it seems to be a well established authority.

MM

Since when have liberal judges cares about The Constitution?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Yes, because a vast majority of the "wall" and "fence" wouldn't stop a 5 year old from crossing...been there and seen it. Saying some of the money is needed to "strengthen" existing walls or fences is a funny euphemism. Like I said, the old 3 strand is in major disrepair.

Some day, when you get a hall pass from the old folks home, take a spin over to AZ and check out your "wall" and "fence". If you ask nice, I'm sure the staff there will give you a couple pudding cups in your lunch box, and a change of depends.

There you are confusing "Betters" with "Elders" again... LOL.

Wanna bet I'm not years younger than you?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I know Trump is just trying to get on the scoreboard with starting a wall, but he should bargain for the whole wall, all 300 Billion as long as he is going for it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trump should be trying to change laws to stop em, instead of seeking a hard hat photo op.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Trump should be trying to change laws to stop em, instead of seeking a hard hat photo op.

We ALL should be standing on the heads of all our senators and reps.

Not just Trump.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sarah Sanders says a lot chit, just yesterday morning she was saying there would be no deal to open the government without a down payment on the wall, then a few hours later...

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Originally Posted by BobMt

and why didn't he do this when first got in office?…..this last little go around with Nancy......put some egg on his face...I know he didn't like it..he will come out swinging...….bob

We may have had a majority , but NONE of the majaroity was backing him till he went balls to tha wall for Kavanaugh , only then did any of them see the American people were backing him strongly and only then did they want to get on board with him . By the time Kavanaugh got through the circus the Republican Party had damaged themselves and not to mention the clowns that stepped down to save face giving a Republican owned seat to the Dems . I don't think it flew over the Trump supporters heads that the Republican pouty lip was stonewalling Trump and caused a lot to set it out and then there was the complacency of dim wits that thought , we beat Hillary , mid terms aren't important .
So how do you figure the deck was stacked any better the first two years than now ?

does trump need permission from republicans, to do an executive order?...….does trump need permission from the republican party to declare a national emergency ?.....does a president need permission from ether party to give an executive order or declare a national emergency?...….bob

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
I know Trump is just trying to get on the scoreboard with starting a wall, but he should bargain for the whole wall, all 300 Billion as long as he is going for it.

Agreed, and he certainly should instruct the Army Corps of Engineers to build the complete wall in all areas that a wall would be helpful in securing our border, leaving off (of course) those areas of extremely rough terrain that aren't particularly vulnerable to illegal entry. Funding should be handled after the fact, in the same way missile barrages into Syria are funded.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by The_Chadster

Path of least resistance?

Obviously you haven't been down there...funny chit. Building the "wall" along the rez will be interesting, and expensive.

I haven't been there. Seen several other parts of AZ that are very rugged so I can imagine. Just saying if the trafficking gets pushed to other, easier paths by a better wall then some of these landowners along the border fighting the wall now might cave and welcome a better barrier of some sort.... I'm not one of those that believe a wall is needed sea to shining sea; especially, not in areas where it is so rugged there are natural barriers...But, I do believe there are lots of areas that could use a wall or better barrier of some sort to help the border patrol deter the illegal trafficking...

Last edited by The_Chadster; 01/26/19.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This wall deal has nothing to do with border security. It is all about getting votes in 2020. Building the wall won't stop a single incident and the 5.7 Billion is peanuts to the Dems. Trump and Pelosi both know this. Trump caved because poll numbers were showing him losing potential votes in 2020. What happens in 21 days will depend on what the polls say then.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JMR40
This wall deal has nothing to do with border security. It is all about getting votes in 2020. Building the wall won't stop a single incident and the 5.7 Billion is peanuts to the Dems. Trump and Pelosi both know this. Trump caved because poll numbers were showing him losing potential votes in 2020. What happens in 21 days will depend on what the polls say then.

The Dept of Homeland Security study on the wall and the Border Patrol disagree with you, but hey, I guess you know.

Last edited by benchman; 01/26/19.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We ALL should be standing on the heads of all our senators and reps.

Not just Trump.

I suppose some don't think a wall is comprehensive enough, and others just want to kick the can along. They're easy to separate if you listen to what they say.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 22250rem, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,187 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,367
Posts18,506,428
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.