Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
Guns shows are a fuggin joke and waste o time.

Remember the good ol days, when you didn't have to have an ffl to sell a gun at a gun show?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Remember the good ol days, when you didn't have to have an ffl to sell a gun at a gun show?

You don't need an FFl to sell at gun shows in my neighborhood.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Be pretty cool to hit some regional shows thruout the country.
Lots of areas had good concentrations of certain types of firearms for the geography
Just an example
Winchester 92 and 94 half tubes in the 1900 - 1930ish timeline on the east coast and new England area
Aka eastern carbines.
1st buck I shot growing up in Maine was with my uncle,s half octagon half round barrel .38-40 half tube 92 with a crescent butt plate.

Seems like alot of savage 99,s west coast, upper west coast
Just speculating...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Was this guy there?

Invisible dog leash pedophile guy?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DMc

Like minded people with common interest, promoting the sport. Why are some people so fuggin bitter?

Gofuckyourself and keep attending that retarded Shiit.

This is why we cannot win against democrats. They are united and we are not.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Was this guy there?

Invisible dog leash pedophile guy?

[Linked Image]

I didnt see anyone wearing sandals.
Hahaha!!!

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I went to the one in Grand Rapids MI a few weeks ago. I did see a couple of buys if I had the cash, a nice savage 99 250-3000, a winchester lever 348, a model 870 rem with a cutts comp on it for a song. If I needed a good grouse gun I would have bought the 870 and cut the cutts off. Every now and then you can find a gem, but not very often.

I have gone to these things for quite a few years and am about done. Too many smelly bastards. I don't know what the deal is but every g d time I go now days there is a bunch of [bleep] walking around smelling like dirty ass. Not to mention all the g d flea market [bleep]. Must be the liberals plan, inundate every gun show with enough smelly [bleep] and junk and eventually we will all quit going.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by kwg020
I ran across 2 old friends I have not seen in years yesterday at our local Des Moines gun show. It was worth the $7 to see them. I also bought some bullets and primers. Not that I need anymore but you never know.

kwg

Reloading supplies is what I go for, if I go, but haven't been to one in about 5 years. I accompanied my daughter and her bf, to keep them from being fast talked by a less then ethical seller. That worked. He picked up the 9mm I had recommended after several others did and he did a little math. Also bought a couple pounds of power from Bob. I'm getting closer to getting my reloading stuff set up again in the new old house. Might make it out this weekend if it's not raining like it's supposed to.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by prarie_creek_station
I went to the one in Grand Rapids MI a few weeks ago. I did see a couple of buys if I had the cash, a nice savage 99 250-3000, a winchester lever 348, a model 870 rem with a cutts comp on it for a song. If I needed a good grouse gun I would have bought the 870 and cut the cutts off. Every now and then you can find a gem, but not very often.

I have gone to these things for quite a few years and am about done. Too many smelly bastards. I don't know what the deal is but every g d time I go now days there is a bunch of [bleep] walking around smelling like dirty ass. Not to mention all the g d flea market [bleep]. Must be the liberals plan, inundate every gun show with enough smelly [bleep] and junk and eventually we will all quit going.

Yep. Either pissed themselves or carrying a trouser clod around all day.

LOL
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I went to the Big Town show in Mesquite last weekend. I met an old friend there and we had a god time browsing the tables. It's a decent smaller show. There were ome good deals around there if you look. I found an older 870 TB in really good shape with decent wood cheap. I already have one so I passed.

\Gun shows aren't what they were years ago but nothing else is either. pawn Shops too. Since the internet people are getting savvy about prices but there are still deals to be had just not as many as the old days.

The Will Rogers show in Ft Worth used to be good but the city council is anti gun and now it has been compromised. They make you pay a lot for parking and don't allow powder or primers.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If you are familiar with the local shows, you know what to expect.
If you go somewhere different, then it's an adventure, go see and enjoy.
Never know what you find

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have not been to a gun show since 1999 and witnessing the Y2k hysteria.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The best deals and the nicest stuff is usually found in the parking lot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chesterwy
The best deals and the nicest stuff is usually found in the parking lot.

Totally agree. I always feel like ammo is overpriced. It all most seems like these guys go buy a brick of .22 at Walmart and then just about double the price on it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That sure applies around here..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It always ticks me off to pay to get into a gun show and they're selling jewelry, jerky, and all the other crap. I'd rather see unsold tables than that stuff.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At the last gun show I attended at the Albuquerque state fair grounds, outside the gun show building some folks had a great big longhorn bull tethered up.

Sad to say, the pickings inside were pretty overpriced. I agree that it might have made more sense simply to hang out with the bull and see what incoming people were bringing for trades. wink

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainshot
I went to the Big Town show in Mesquite last weekend. I met an old friend there and we had a god time browsing the tables. It's a decent smaller show. There were ome good deals around there if you look. I found an older 870 TB in really good shape with decent wood cheap. I already have one so I passed.

\Gun shows aren't what they were years ago but nothing else is either. pawn Shops too. Since the internet people are getting savvy about prices but there are still deals to be had just not as many as the old days.

The Will Rogers show in Ft Worth used to be good but the city council is anti gun and now it has been compromised. They make you pay a lot for parking and don't allow powder or primers.
Does that gunshow run every weekend? Sure seems like it, or used to when I was paying attention.

Man, I used to love going to Big Town when the Mall was there and I was a kid. Loved all the toys in Woolworth's. Town East opened up and about killed it. I never could warm up to that place. Grandma got to where she always wanted to go to the K Mart right there by the interstate. She called it "K Mark's".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
worked a local show last weekend and doing another this weekend. lots of cheap guns to buy last week. sold some bought some.

bought

weatherby vanguard 250.00 like new
charter arms 357 in box 150.00
ruger sr9 150.00
traditions inline ml with japan tasco 3x9 50.00

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still enjoy going to the shows, but they have sure changed over the years. So much more crap to wade through. The cast of characters doesn't seem to have changed all that much. The BS'ers and snake oil salesmen have always been there. It's just a new generation of them. What I miss is the seeming lack of older guns. So much now is dealers selling new guns. Hard to find a pre-64 model 70 to drool over or any of the older stuff we used to see.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

147 members (264mag, 280Ackleyrized, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 21 invisible), 1,972 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,536
Posts18,531,054
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.