-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
my question is 'WHY WOULD YOU NOT USE A CROSSBOW SCOPE' there are many good crossbow scope on the market. I shoot a 10 point and the scope that came on it very accurate and clear out to 50-60 yards . it doesn't take much scope scope no father than you are shooting. 2 years ago I changed to a hawke/parker scope only because I bought a bunch of them really cheap that have light reticle. either scope shoots 2" groups at 50 yards on the bench. as long as I know the range i'm good.

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by srwshooter
my question is 'WHY WOULD YOU NOT USE A CROSSBOW SCOPE' there are many good crossbow scope on the market. I shoot a 10 point and the scope that came on it very accurate and clear out to 50-60 yards . it doesn't take much scope scope no father than you are shooting. 2 years ago I changed to a hawke/parker scope only because I bought a bunch of them really cheap that have light reticle. either scope shoots 2" groups at 50 yards on the bench. as long as I know the range i'm good.

I agree. I have the Excalibur twilight DLX crossbow scope on my set up. After using it there is no way I would even consider using a firearm scope on my crossbow. The quality of the lenses and features are spot on.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I have a stock scope that came with my Excalibur. I had a rifle scope on another crossbow and it shot pretty good with it. Bigger objective gave more light when it was darker

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
The quality of the lenses and features are the first two reason I use a rifle scope on my crossbow.
Bigger objective gives me more light to see the target when it gets darker.
And as with my compound bows and rifles, I practice at longer ranges than I will ever shoot at an animal.

Last edited by Lazrbeam; 01/27/19.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Lazrbeam
The quality of the lenses and features are the first two reason I use a rifle scope on my crossbow.
Bigger objective gives me more light to see the target when it gets darker.
And as with my compound bows and rifles, I practice at longer ranges than I will ever shoot at an animal.

The twilight DLX crossbow scope has a 44mm objective lens, most of my rifles are just 40mm. The glass is just as good of quality as any leupold glass that I own. But the field of view that adjusts to the yardage markers for your specific arrow speed is the real benefit of the scope. Once set, It's effortless, with no adjustment needed in the field at all. Every yardage marker is dead nuts on out to 60 yards (farther than I will attempt to shoot at an animal). The illuminated reticles are also a big plus in low light.
If you have never checked them out you should.

IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
tndrbstr

The twilight DLX crossbow scope has a 44mm objective lens, most of my rifles are just 40mm. The glass is just as good of quality as any leupold glass that I own. But the field of view that adjusts to the yardage markers for your specific arrow speed is the real benefit of the scope. Once set, It's effortless, with no adjustment needed in the field at all. Every yardage marker is dead nuts on out to 60 yards (farther than I will attempt to shoot at an animal). The illuminated reticles are also a big plus in low light.
If you have never checked them out you should.

Thanks for the information and indeed the DLC looks like a feature rich scope, perfect for a crossbow.

My Strikezone with a Nikon 3-9 on top of an HHA dial is amazingly accurate at 100 yards. Off a bench.
I can swap scopes, zero at 20 yards and then keep using the dial.

We both get to the same point but by different routes and trading information makes this website fun.

Good Luck.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 48 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,058
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.