Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Harry M
Well, to be accurate. There was a time when LE couldn't crack the top 40 most dangerous jobs based on fatalities, not that they would want that. The recent fatalities of the last few years LE has crept up to around 14th/15th, again, not that they would want that ranking. And one should remember that there is a difference between fatal accidents and being murdered on the job.

,...ain't nothing more fuggin' irritating than a young libertarian spewin' schitt halfway through a fuggin' Bolshevik Revolution.

Communists knockin' people on the head and hauling them off to the gulag,....young libertarian talkin' 'bout,..."Cain't we just get along?"

Well, you got the Libertarian part right....

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Well, to be accurate. There was a time when LE couldn't crack the top 40 most dangerous jobs based on fatalities, not that they would want that. The recent fatalities of the last few years LE has crept up to around 14th/15th, again, not that they would want that ranking. And one should remember that there is a difference between fatal accidents and being murdered on the job.

,...ain't nothing more fuggin' irritating than a young libertarian spewin' schitt halfway through a fuggin' Bolshevik Revolution.

Communists knockin' people on the head and hauling them off to the gulag,....young libertarian talkin' 'bout,..."Cain't we just get along?"

Well, you got the Libertarian part right....

Yeah,....you'll grow out of it.

Everybody always does.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The amount of anger and mistrust that many on here have towards the police, on this site, never fails to amaze me. They rarely miss an opportunity to express it. Whenever the issue comes up, the responses are very predictable. Clearly, there are those with an axe to grind and grind and grind and grind. Oh well, I'm sure glad I don't have to see any of you when I respond to calls tonight. If you're driving through my jurisdiction tonight at more than 15 mph above the speed limit, are drunk or behaving recklessly, we may have a chat. No doubt whatever happens will be my fault.

You wont see me in a donut shop and if you've done nothing wrong, you won't have reason to be concerned about me. However, if you are looking for trouble, you came to the right place. One other thing, I have never and would never take anything that wasn't mine. Period! As far as danger goes...it comes with the territory. I never thought much about it. If it's my time to go, it's my time to go. I accept that. Somebody wishing to make that happen only needs to be quicker than I am, and not miss.

The reason I took this job, as a second career is simple. I wanted to help those that needed help and make a positive impact in my community. I've been at it coming up on 15 years and I know I have done that. Like many professions, it's a job that needs to be done, but isn't for everyone. Sometimes, at the end of the day, you just can't wash off the dirt or unsee what you've seen. Try looking a man in the eye and telling him that his wife of 25 years is dead in a car wreck and that he can't see her, or bring a couple home from the hospital after their only child has been killed in a tragic accident and walk them into the house the first time, without their son. Try explaining to a four year old girl that her mommy can't wake up. It's all part of the job. Anyway, I'd like some of you computer badasses who have been so badly wronged, to go with me into some off the places I'm going into tonight. I'm sure I could learn a lot from you. Now, GFY!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Hardcore Nationalism is the next natural progression from Libertarianism.

You've just got to have your nose rubbed in Communism a few times and you'll put that Libertarian bullshit aside.

Communists chew libertarians up and spit them out. But they're scared to fuggin' death of hardcore Nationalists.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Well, I'm pushing 65 so grow out of it better happen soon. I went with team Trump in 2016 though.....

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Well, I'm pushing 65 so grow out of it better happen soon. I went with team Trump in 2016 though.....

Well,...you're way, way, WAY overdue.

You think the government will step aside and let the people run themselves before you turn 75?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'd prefer Ron Paul also if it was feasible.

But Ron Paul can't handle the Trotskyites.

America will need a Pinochet or a Franco to do that at this point.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Nope, in fact one could say the Communists fear nothing here, they seem to be winning at the moment..

Thomas Jefferson

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Nope, in fact one could say the Communists fear nothing here, they seem to be winning at the moment..

So get a clue.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

You've just got to have your nose rubbed in Communism a few times and you'll put that Libertarian bullshit aside.

Communists chew libertarians up and spit them out. But they're scared to fuggin' death of hardcore Nationalists.

Some of us still love freedom, even after decades of communism being thrown in our faces. The Founding Fathers also fought tyranny, after dealing with it their whole lives. And then there are the pseudo-patriot Boomers here on the fire, who hate every horrible thing the left does, yet support every horrible thing the right does, and imagine themselves superior, just like their adversaries do. Outside of those two groups is a third group who realizes that government is evil and best eradicated unless it is pathetically weak, that force is evil unless used in self defense, and that every human contains a tyrant when he/she gets power of any kind. I see a lot of old tyrants here on the fire.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Where do the firemen fit into all this?

Why, they’re heroes of course

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I'm pretty clued in....watching the Communists and most Republicans attacking Trump has shown just how much trouble we are really in.

Thomas Jefferson

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Some of us still love freedom, even after decades of communism being thrown in our faces. The Founding Fathers also fought tyranny, after dealing with it their whole lives. And then there are the pseudo-patriot Boomers here on the fire, who hate every horrible thing the left does, yet support every horrible thing the right does, and imagine themselves superior, just like their adversaries do. Outside of those two groups is a third group who realizes that government is evil and best eradicated unless it is pathetically weak, that force is evil unless used in self defense, and that every human contains a tyrant when he/she gets power of any kind. I see a lot of old tyrants here on the fire.

Yeah, yeah,...I know.

It's the same speech that everybody makes on their way to the gulag.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Bobmar
The amount of anger and mistrust that many on here have towards the police, on this site, never fails to amaze me. They rarely miss an opportunity to express it. Whenever the issue comes up, the responses are very predictable. Clearly, there are those with an axe to grind and grind and grind and grind. Oh well, I'm sure glad I don't have to see any of you when I respond to calls tonight. If you're driving through my jurisdiction tonight at more than 15 mph above the speed limit, are drunk or behaving recklessly, we may have a chat. No doubt whatever happens will be my fault.

You wont see me in a donut shop and if you've done nothing wrong, you won't have reason to be concerned about me. However, if you are looking for trouble, you came to the right place. One other thing, I have never and would never take anything that wasn't mine. Period! As far as danger goes...it comes with the territory. I never thought much about it. If it's my time to go, it's my time to go. I accept that. Somebody wishing to make that happen only needs to be quicker than I am, and not miss.

The reason I took this job, as a second career is simple. I wanted to help those that needed help and make a positive impact in my community. I've been at it coming up on 15 years and I know I have done that. Like many professions, it's a job that needs to be done, but isn't for everyone. Sometimes, at the end of the day, you just can't wash off the dirt or unsee what you've seen. Try looking a man in the eye and telling him that his wife of 25 years is dead in a car wreck and that he can't see her, or bring a couple home from the hospital after their only child has been killed in a tragic accident and walk them into the house the first time, without their son. Try explaining to a four year old girl that her mommy can't wake up. It's all part of the job. Anyway, I'd like some of you computer badasses who have been so badly wronged, to go with me into some off the places I'm going into tonight. I'm sure I could learn a lot from you. Now, GFY!

Thanks for doing a job no one asked you to do, while you force them at gunpoint to pay you. Then later you can continue to pat yourself on the back while you collect your pension, which other officers force the rest of us to pay, at gunpoint.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
*Libertarian rambling on as he gets frog marched off to the gulag in shackles*

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

*THUMP!* (Commie knocks him in the head with a club) "Not you, azzhole!"

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Logger, fisherman, et al: Thank you for your service. Cops killing us, our children and our pets: not so much.

[Linked Image]

Suck a fat one. Got a decent feeling there are a few folks that have found themselves in the clink more times than one in this thread. Pretty funny actually.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 01/31/19.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Coal mining used to be in the top 5. I wonder where it ranks now?

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
*Libertarian rambling on as he gets frog marched off to the gulag in shackles*

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

*THUMP!* (Commie knocks him in the head with a club) "Not you, azzhole!"

I don't know about you, but I'm a man, not a bitch, and if I'm going out, it's as a man, not as a bitch. Those of you who are bitches keep fawning over your fantasies. I stand for liberty. If you do too, then stand with me. If you plan to side with the tyrants, then I hope we meet, someday, under a particular set of conditions. My kids demand that I do no less, simply due to their existence.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by Bobmar

Thanks for doing a job no one asked you to do, while you force them at gunpoint to pay you. Then later you can continue to pat yourself on the back while you collect your pension, which other officers force the rest of us to pay, at gunpoint.

You're about an ignorant mutherfuucker.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (257 roberts, 1234, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 69 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,576
Posts18,532,087
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.