Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ltppowell
What is the purpose of this thread? I don't hear any cops whining about their jobs being dangerous...just the usual pussies whining about cops.

Be real Cops love to act like they’re getting targeted all the time and every shift is a gamble if they’re making it home.

I have some very good friends that are cops I only hate the bad ones but let’s be real a lot of them have that complex.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What is the purpose of this thread? I don't hear any cops whining about their jobs being dangerous...just the usual pussies whining about cops.

Wasting your time bud, bit you knew that....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by gunner500
Of course LE is not the most dangerous job...just the most likely to get murdered for doing. Tough to compare shooting yourself with a nail gun to getting shot at a red light for wearing a badge.

That's right Lt, I gotta watch my chit here at the farm too, tractors, loaders, 1000lb hay bales, cattle, horses and 20' bush hogs can have quite the attitude if you let any of em swarm ya. smile

No doubt. It takes some skill and a little luck to stay alive doing many things. The distinction is that most don't entail people with a plan to kill you. Luckily for cops, most of those are really stupid.

When the [bleep] hits the fan though, cops don't have the option of backing out of a bad situation. Follow proper maintenance and operating procedure and that equipment make won't make a conscious decision to kill you.
Just like cops and fireman, you all picked the jobs you are in, quit whining about someone elses career choice.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by gunner500
Of course LE is not the most dangerous job...just the most likely to get murdered for doing. Tough to compare shooting yourself with a nail gun to getting shot at a red light for wearing a badge.

That's right Lt, I gotta watch my chit here at the farm too, tractors, loaders, 1000lb hay bales, cattle, horses and 20' bush hogs can have quite the attitude if you let any of em swarm ya. smile

No doubt. It takes some skill and a little luck to stay alive doing many things. The distinction is that most don't entail people with a plan to kill you. Luckily for cops, most of those are really stupid.

When the [bleep] hits the fan though, cops don't have the option of backing out of a bad situation. Follow proper maintenance and operating procedure and that equipment make won't make a conscious decision to kill you.
Just like cops and fireman, you all picked the jobs you are in, quit whining about someone elses career choice.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

Be real Cops love to act like they’re getting targeted all the time and every shift is a gamble if they’re making it home.

I have some very good friends that are cops I only hate the bad ones but let’s be real a lot of them have that complex.

And let's also be real, the majority of ardent cop-bashers are Black Lives Matter, Antifa, run-of-the-mill white democrats with white guilt, rappers, dope fiends, and the patriots on this site who seem to have a fetish about bashing cops.

I can think of 3 people with whom I've recently associated that habitually bash cops. One is a raging democrat with severe white guilt (his wife has it just as bad as he does). One is an uneducated pot-head loser that got caught (well unfairly targeted by the police for his long hair and license plate) with a [bleep] of weed he was smuggling into Arizona from Colorado, and the other is a guy who's kid has been in trouble with heroin. Fuucking cops.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who didn't see that coming?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by huntinaz

And let's also be real, the majority of ardent cop-bashers are Black Lives Matter, Antifa, run-of-the-mill white democrats with white guilt, dope fiends, and the patriots on this site who seem to have a fetish about bashing cops.

I can think of 3 people with whom I've recently associated that habitually bash cops. One is a raging democrat with severe white guilt (his wife has it just as bad as he does). One is an uneducated pot-head loser that got caught (well unfairly targeted by the police for his long hair and license plate) with a [bleep] of weed he was smuggling into Arizona from Colorado, and the other is a guy who's kid has been in trouble with heroin. Fuucking cops.

Nothing to argue with there.

It’s kinda like making a negative comment about Trump. Most Trump bashers are complete commie douche bags, it makes it extremely tough to criticize him without being lumped in with the crazy’s on the left.

Most cops just need to lighten up but most of they tension was caused by Obama.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by smarquez

When the [bleep] hits the fan though, cops don't have the option of backing out of a bad situation.
Unless they are in Broward County... smile

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by smarquez

When the [bleep] hits the fan though, cops don't have the option of backing out of a bad situation.
Unless they are in Broward County... smile

I've never felt the need to try to speak for other cops.............but for 'me and mine', I guarantee nobody has dragged their name through schiit worse than we have.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by larrylee
Then there are Cops playing Russian Roulette!

LOL, funny you quoted me with that, I played russian roulette for more than 30 years and won, and I aint a Copper, guess im real lucky, or real.......................

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am retired law enforcement, 30 years as a state game warden. We lost several of our 200 man field force during my tenure, mostly due to wrecks and drowning. Two have been shot (and survived) since I retired. One accidentally shot and killed himself, I believe he was pulling his shotgun out of the vehicle by the barrel. We all have the option of retiring with 100% of our pay. I actually got a raise by retiring since I no longer contribute to the retirement system. While I'll tell anybody the job had its dangers and close calls I also have been a commercial fisherman on the gulf,a city firefighter, an oil rig roughneck and derrick man, a tree cutter, and now in retirement I tend our cows and do all the tractor work, corralling, chain sawing, etc. that entails. Law enforcement is the safest job I had, and provided the most benefits. I can understand roofers,truckers, loggers,fishermen, roughnecks, coal miners, and the like feeling a little miffed at the privileges and benefits accorded law enforcement, when their work is just as (or more) necessary and usually a lot more dangerous.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

Of course LE is not the most dangerous job...just the most likely to get murdered for doing. Tough to compare shooting yourself in the foot with a nail gun to getting shot at a red light for wearing a badge.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
South African farmer should top the list

True, and someone mentioned mining, and hell yes it's dangerous, underground, strip or even auger mining, if the roof don't cave or equipment gets you, the gd dust or gas sure as hell can.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by huntinaz

And let's also be real, the majority of ardent cop-bashers are Black Lives Matter, Antifa, run-of-the-mill white democrats with white guilt, rappers, dope fiends, and the patriots on this site who seem to have a fetish about bashing cops.

That dad with the heroin kid needs to hit that cull in the head with a tire billy.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by Bobmar
The amount of anger and mistrust that many on here have towards the police, on this site, never fails to amaze me. They rarely miss an opportunity to express it. Whenever the issue comes up, the responses are very predictable. Clearly, there are those with an axe to grind and grind and grind and grind. Oh well, I'm sure glad I don't have to see any of you when I respond to calls tonight. If you're driving through my jurisdiction tonight at more than 15 mph above the speed limit, are drunk or behaving recklessly, we may have a chat. No doubt whatever happens will be my fault.

You wont see me in a donut shop and if you've done nothing wrong, you won't have reason to be concerned about me. However, if you are looking for trouble, you came to the right place. One other thing, I have never and would never take anything that wasn't mine. Period! As far as danger goes...it comes with the territory. I never thought much about it. If it's my time to go, it's my time to go. I accept that. Somebody wishing to make that happen only needs to be quicker than I am, and not miss.

The reason I took this job, as a second career is simple. I wanted to help those that needed help and make a positive impact in my community. I've been at it coming up on 15 years and I know I have done that. Like many professions, it's a job that needs to be done, but isn't for everyone. Sometimes, at the end of the day, you just can't wash off the dirt or unsee what you've seen. Try looking a man in the eye and telling him that his wife of 25 years is dead in a car wreck and that he can't see her, or bring a couple home from the hospital after their only child has been killed in a tragic accident and walk them into the house the first time, without their son. Try explaining to a four year old girl that her mommy can't wake up. It's all part of the job. Anyway, I'd like some of you computer badasses who have been so badly wronged, to go with me into some off the places I'm going into tonight. I'm sure I could learn a lot from you. Now, GFY!

Thanks for doing a job no one asked you to do, while you force them at gunpoint to pay you. Then later you can continue to pat yourself on the back while you collect your pension, which other officers force the rest of us to pay, at gunpoint.

I would hate cops too if a 10 year girl broke into my house and kicked my ass and they didn’t arrest her. I feel your pain. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I would hate cops too if a 10 year girl broke into my house and kicked my ass and they didn’t arrest her. I feel your pain. 😎

LMFAO!!!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Of course LE is not the most dangerous job...just the most likely to get murdered for doing. Tough to compare shooting yourself in the foot with a nail gun to getting shot at a red light for wearing a badge.

Exactly

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Logger, fisherman, et al: Thank you for your service. Cops killing us, our children and our pets: not so much.

[Linked Image]

GFY

On behalf of all the great cops out there willing to risk their lives; ubaneruralite...GFY

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought the tail hook guy on carrier decks ranked in there somewhere. Broken cables, screwed up landings, and blast shield failures can make life exciting for those guys. Takes a little nerve to stand there and watch jets line up on you as they're coming in.

Lots of respect for LEO's. Not a job I'd ever pursue.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/31/19.

1Minute
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What other job does one get to see humanity's finest that are free to roam on a daily basis? As a retired medic, I can say that EMS or FD don't even come close to that kind of exposure. I have much respect for LEO's but I really do fear their leadership.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,872 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,601
Posts18,532,546
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.