-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O K, folks.... we have a few things that MUST be done in order to curtail illegal immigration.

So..... Let’s do the stupidest, most expensive , thing first.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A wall along I-10 in Texas would put probably close to 25% of the State on the Mexican side of the wall. I-10 is probably close to 300 miles from Mexico in a lot of places...Somebody needs to sit down with a map and re think this idea.

Harry
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
O K, folks.... we have a few things that MUST be done in order to curtail illegal immigration.

That is a bit of a doozy (even by campfire standards).

Perhaps we could start by fixing E-Verify and then putting all the mother fu#@&ers that are hiring them in jail before we abandon the millions of tax paying citizens that live on the wrong side of a freeway.
That may not fix the entire problem but it wouldn't cost near as much to at least try it.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You could fire that idea at 36 degrees from an 18 inch Naval gun and it'd still hit the side of the Vessel it was fired from, that aint going to fly Sir. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That'd make me an Instant Meskin.

(And many more hundreds of thousands of Americans.)

[Linked Image]

Yeah lets just give Mexico about 10% of our nation...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
The wall is coming, and its coming where it needs to be. The looneys are being played out to show them for just what they are, along with all the snakes. We are but weeks away from the courts deciding the issue.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Chadster
I've always wondered, why don't they just build the barrier/ smart wall for border security along Interstate 10 from California all the way through Texas? No eminant domain issues, no problems with access, etc ...Im not talking about a land give away to Mexico...Any of the U.S.ranchers/ people/ cities south of the wall would still be on US soil up to the historic border with Mexico...They could get access in and out of the smart wall through ports of entry/ exit in the wall where their is 24/7 security and border patrol, scanners, etc...They would also still be under the protection of our law enforcement and military, national guard, etc. south of the smart wall.

Try jumping that wall or smuggle people or drugs and not be caught at a port of entry or seen by the general public on the Interstate...Obviously, only build it where needed along the Interstate...

They would also have to change the stupid asylum laws about stepping foot on U.S. soil and getting automatic refugee status if they qualify.

With all due respect, big ole screw you buddy....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The building of a barrier that far north would require a second series of POE's and at least a 50% increase of the Border Patrol along with stations to man them.

It is not feasible.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If people knew then what we knew now, we'd have the Rio Grande canal and not the Panama canal.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
If people knew then what we knew now, we'd have the Rio Grande canal and not the Panama canal.

If people knew then what we know now, perhaps they should have closed the border and legislated border enforced immigration laws back when congress actually fuggin' did something...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
i always thought people who live along the border where people cross over were always for the wall...i hear there are many issues with people crossing their land trashing it and armed people on it at all times of the day smuggling people across it

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gene270
i always thought people who live along the border where people cross over were always for the wall...i hear there are many issues with people crossing their land trashing it and armed people on it at all times of the day smuggling people across it

There is. And then there's the idiots along the border using private land to shield wetbacks and drug smugglers, and human traffickers for profit.

Cartel bought and paid for. You can identify those areas because on election maps, they are the counties colored blue.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Perhaps we could start by fixing E-Verify and then putting all the mother fu#@&ers that are hiring them in jail before we abandon the millions of tax paying citizens that live on the wrong side of a freeway.
That may not fix the entire problem but it wouldn't cost near as much to at least try it.

It would put a heck of a dent in it. Extra time for the illegals that hire illegals.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

It would put a heck of a dent in it. Extra time for the illegals that hire illegals.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, businesses in this country get in more hot water for selling a pack of cigarettes to a minor than they do for hiring illegals. They should be fined heavily and the owner should be charged with a felony and spend time.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

If people knew then what we know now, perhaps they should have closed the border and legislated border enforced immigration laws back when congress actually fuggin' did something...

never would have happened...….lets be honest, this is a product of ranchers and farmers needing cheap labor...period..

then it morphed into a lot of other aspects of our society …….bob

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A little off subject, but if someone here is an immigration official or attorney I would like to ask what authority does an officer have to question and detain someone to delve into their citizenship status? For instance, I say "officer my name is Pedro Gomez and I will not answer any questions". Can an officer detain someone on suspicion or because they don't speak English? Looks to me like they might could just walk away from any law enforcement encounter if they make it across the border. I am just curious, what right does an officer have to require proof of citizenship.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BobMt

never would have happened...….lets be honest, this is a product of ranchers and farmers needing cheap labor...period..

No, it's a product of congress. And those that lobby them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Chadster
Originally Posted by 700LH
Whatja gonna do at overpasses, on and off ramps etc?

Leave them, put scanners, cameras there. Some of them could become ports of entry/ exit with law enforcement, drug dogs, scanners, cameras, the whole 9 yards... Still better than nothing which is what we have now in a lot of places... Most of those would be near or in the cities. Go around the cities with the wall away from the interstate, or just beef up law enforcement in the cities if you dont want eminent domain issues.

It would be a move in the right directions, however, it would never work because they would have to start on top possibly starting with family members of current White House resident. Someone smart once told me that if it wasn't for illegal immigrants not a blade of grass would get cut in Northern Va Suburbs.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
Whatja gonna do at overpasses, on and off ramps etc?

Get out and open tha darned gate, of course. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BobMt

No, it's a product of congress. And those that lobby them.

RB.....if they weren't wanted, they would have never came over......come on you are from texas ...you know what I am saying is true..

back in the day, almost all farmers and ranchers had a wet around.....more when needed...less when not......but there was always a fulltime wet on the place...…..congress or not...border patrol or not......they were not giving up their wets...…bob

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

278 members (1_deuce, 300_savage, 17Fan, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1100mag, 37 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,078
Posts18,501,572
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.