C
I can't find the screen where you set your preferences on my iPhone or iPad
Can anyone point this out for me please

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I use the app, what do you mean preferences? What are you trying to set up so I can better help?

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
This section as described in the operation manual

Preferences

Preferences allow you to customize several of the features available in Shooter to your liking. You can access the Preferences by touching the Preferences button at the bottom right of the screen when you first open Shooter or by touching the Menu button on your device and choosing the Preferences option which is also on the first screen of Shooter (Firearm Profile screen). Most of these options are self-explanatory.

Operation Mode - You can choose Simple or Advanced. The default is Advanced which gives you access to all of the inputs and features of Shooter. If you choose Simple, several "advanced" options such as powder temperature/muzzle velocity variation, coriolis effect, spin drift and zero atmosphere will be disabled and hidden. If you're just starting out and don't understand these options, it's recommended to just set this to Simple.

Color Scheme - Choose "Day" for a light colored theme or "Night" for dark

Firearm Sorting Order - This is how you want your firearm profile list to be arranged.

Ammo Sorting Order - This is how you want your ammo profile lists to be arranged.

Distance Unit - This is the preferred unit for all distance measurements (Yards or Meters).

Atmosphere Unit - This is the unit to use for atmospheric values (Imperial or Metric).

Other Unit - This is the unit to use for all other types of inputs such as Bullet Length, Zero Height, Sight Height, etc (Imperial or Metric).

Wind Angle Unit - This is how you want to enter your wind readings. You can choose Degrees (0-360 or -90-90) or Clock for 1-12 O'Clock.

Lead Angle Unit - Similar to the Wind Angle Unit, but for the Lead Angle input (direction target is moving).

Mildot Spec - If you have a scope which uses Mils, you can specify what mildot spec it uses. 1 USMC Mil = 3.438 MOA; 1 Army Mil = 3.375 MOA. This may be in your scope's manual or you could contact the manufacturer and ask them.

Use Density Altitude - If you prefer to use Density Altitude to input your atmospheric conditions rather than entering altitude/pressure/humidity, enable this option. If you don't know what this is, don't use it -- it's just another way of entering your atmospheric conditions.

Automatic Latitude - If your device has GPS, you can enable this option to automatically populate the "Latitude" field for the Coriolis Effect inputs in the Shot Data input screen.

Automatic Atmosphere - If your device has GPS and access to the internet, you can enable this option to auto-populate your atmosphere conditions using data from a nearby weather station.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I’m not sure if I can help you. I don’t use the advanced features like powder temperature, I think it’s BS and from past experience it will jack up your results. I’ll pm you my ph# you can call me if you’d like and we can talk. This app is my go to long range app and I’ve used it for several years. I’ve also contacted customer support in the past and spoke to them on the phone, they were very helpful. Pm inbound.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,571
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.