Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I knew how this one would turn out even before I googled it......

https://viva.media/pepe-le-pew-is-t...e-and-consent-culture-in-80s-pop-culture

Anyone familiar with Pepe Le Pew from the Looney Tunes cartoon menagerie will get the same image in their head. A male skunk merrily bouncing towards a terrified female black cat who had the misfortune of somehow getting a white stripe painted along her back. The premise: Pepe thinks she is a female skunk now, which apparently makes it okay to relentlessly harass her, despite the most desperate of refusals and uber-clear non-verbal cues from the cat. Each episode is the same: Pepe nonchalantly stalks her for the whole show, flirting with a French accent, tries to hold her against her will and kiss her, while the cat scrambles out of his arms time and time again, scrambling for sanctuary from her insistent, clueless pursuer....

I watched these cartoons as a child, and way into my teens, as did many others way before the 80s. I don’t think I thought it was right, or wrong. It was something more insidious. It was… normal. Just a part of my breakfast for Saturday morning cartoons. Watching it now as an adult, I still find it funny, but in a different way. His toxic cluelessness is just absurd. It reminds me of how sometimes I will just laugh at the surreal and toxic absurdities that come out 45's mouth, which can also seem like a dystopian cartoon.

Pepe Le Pew provided just one of many cues I received as a teen in the 80s that normalized rape culture and patriarchy.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Seems the number 1 rape culture is gay men.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Toxic is the latest commie approved buzzword.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll bet only gays consistently watched Pepe Le Pew.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
If you’re white and straight the only possibility you have of “proving” you’re not in the “basket of deplorable” is to write a piece like this.

It’s a rite of passage for the soy boys.; they have to prove they’re “true believers” and properly penitent for their sis gendered patriarchal tyrannical nature.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Simple, no means yes...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
He's a dangerous sexual predator.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The guy who wrote that will probably try to kill his ex-wife when he loses the child custody battle.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Of course, if you're black or Muslim, rape is just part of your culture.....
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
There's just too much absurdity in blaming Pepe le Pew for "normalizing" rape culture to even begin to take it apart, piece by piece.

GMAFB

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
There's just too much absurdity in blaming Pepe le Pew for "normalizing" rape culture to even begin to take it apart, piece by piece.

GMAFB

Yeah the real blame lay with Charles Boyer, and his whole damn Casbah spiel!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Seems the number 1 rape culture is gay men.

...and apparently the #2 is French female skunks.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I'm just glad I'm old and won't get to watch too much of the "detoxification" of masculinity.

I'll go about my merry toxic life, with no man-bun.

I hope to die in a state of toxicity I guess.

Geno

PS, I hope I go before ALL fighting is gone from a good HOCKEY game.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pepe le pew being a skunk was attracted to female cats, that caused me alot of confusing thoughts and almost ruined my life, it was the violence I witnessed from that coyote on roller skates going after the very cagey roadrunner, I just wanted him to catch him once and for all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The cult of islam allows rape whenever you want.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 673
Pepe le pew being a skunk was attracted to female cats, that caused me alot of confusing thoughts and almost ruined my life, it was the violence I witnessed from that coyote on roller skates going after the very cagey roadrunner, I just wanted him to catch him once and for all.

Oh c'mon now. Admit it.

Popeye whoopin' some major ASS on ol' Bluto really got you goin', no?

You're toxic............................now go repent by writing an article for some weenie magazine or blog. wink

Gneo

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
How will they define Peter Pan and the lost boys, heck a female played the character in the beginning.
It will be next. cry

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I laughed at the humor in those cartoons. They were funny then, and I'd probably find them so even now if I watched them again. I have never raped anyone - the mere thought disgusts me - and the only toxic thing about me to my knowledge is after I eat something that fights back with gas warfare.

Last Saturday, however, I had to fight to keep a poker face. We were in Dimond Mall in Anchorage - wife went into a "beauty shop" to get some facial scrub or something. I wasn't carrying, so I put my back up as near as I could get it to the wall just inside the door. I'm not too bright, but I'm not totally stupid. Mostly.

She rushed me - I also left my wallet and iphone home.... What happens on only a single cup of coffee.

I saw a couple girls in there that woud have been pretty except for the tats and ironworks. A LOT of ironworks.... That was sad. Gotta be a self image phobia.

What was funny was two Samoan dudes? of about 300 lbs each trying perfumes on their wrists. I wasn't too worried about them, but they had (presumably) their women with them, who were even bigger. The mamas were talking to each other and paying the men no mind.

Dudes? were still sniffing their wrists as they left the store.

Harmless, I suppose. Until one laughs out loud.

Last edited by las; 02/05/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Back in the old days females purposely went to see movies starring their favorite movie idol leading men, and swooned breathlessly as their idols forced themselves on shy, nubile leading starlets of the day, who after a short, half-hearted struggle, literally 'melted' in his arms, all the while the females in the theater were mesmerized, fantasizing it was them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

384 members (007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 1,987 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,863
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.