Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
I boxed a Burris up for a return trip last night. Will see how cs is this morning.
I had previously called and they said send it in. That was several months ago. Will report how much hassle I have.
I am not good about keeping receipts. There is probably an app that lets you take pics and organizes receipts like password vaults. Or there should be.

Burris is good to go for hassle free customer service.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you ever have an issue with any product brand that we carry, whether you purchased it from us or not, we will make sure you're taken care.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That's excellent!

Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
If you ever have an issue with any product brand that we carry, whether you purchased it from us or not, we will make sure you're taken care.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I have not had any secondhand Hawke riflescopes, nor any that have broken. Thank you for your contribution.

Originally Posted by kingston
All this because your secondhand Hawke rifle scope broke.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BTW, I just got off the phone with the Nat'l from Hawke and informed him of what's being said and he said that Hawke would never turn away a legit warranty claim. Yes, a physical abuse claim, but otherwise if you own it you're covered. Not an issue

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
BTW, I just got off the phone with the Nat'l from Hawke and informed him of what's being said and he said that Hawke would never turn away a legit warranty claim. Yes, a physical abuse claim, but otherwise if you own it you're covered. Not an issue

Glad to hear it. I don't do a particularly good job of hanging on to receipts over the long-haul.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I noticed in the documentation that came with the 7x56 Meostar that I bought from Cameraland, that the warranty was 30 years. I registered it and, indeed, the warranty certificate says 30 years. I assumed that they had recently changed the warranty period, but I see their website still describes the warranty as Lifetime. Weird.

I have first-hand experience with their willingness to stand behind their product--they replaced an old Artemis 6x42 that was no longer sealed with a brand new Meopro 6x42.

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks Doug. That's good to hear for sure. Appreciate you taking the time to provide input.

--- Kid Rock 2022

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

That’s great for now but what happens when he’s gone and the next guy decides it’s by the book? If that’s their policy it should be written as such then they can argue with individual customers on whether or not it’s a legitimate claim. We’ve seen the same in the NW with fishing rod manufacturers and all it does is cause problems because one guy is covered and the next guy who walks through the door isn’t.

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LowerRiver

That’s great for now but what happens when he’s gone and the next guy decides it’s by the book? If that’s their policy it should be written as such then they can argue with individual customers on whether or not it’s a legitimate claim. We’ve seen the same in the NW with fishing rod manufacturers and all it does is cause problems because one guy is covered and the next guy who walks through the door isn’t.

You call Doug and cite this thread or any of the hundreds of others where he’s stated, “If you ever have an issue with any product brand that we carry, whether you purchased it from us or not, we will make sure you're taken care of.”

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
And for Hawke scopes not purchased from CameralandNY and the receipt is AWOL? Then we're plain phucqked... Or maybe they'll fix. Or maybe they won't.... get it?

Right now, I am done with them unless I see it in writing they'll warranty the item not a damned receipt.

--- Kid Rock 2022

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
And for Hawke scopes not purchased from CameralandNY and the receipt is AWOL? Then we're plain phucqked... Or maybe they'll fix. Or maybe they won't.... get it?

Whether you bought a product from us or from someone else, if we carry the brand we will always go to bat for you

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
On the same subject but not about optics...I just took a look at a little-used and pampered S&W Airweight my SIL has, and noticed it has some defect in the frame metal. I looked up the warranty prior to packing it up to send back to them, and found this:

Smith & Wesson’s Lifetime Service Policy begins after the (1 year) warranty period has expired. Smith & Wesson will repair, without charge, for the lifetime of the original owner, any Smith & Wesson handgun purchased on or after February 1, 1989, and any M&P15 series rifle, that is found to have a defect in material or workmanship. Eligibility for this Lifetime Service Policy requires returning the Product Registration Card within 30 days of purchase.

Smith & Wesson covers the "original owner" only, and even then only if you thought to return the registration card! I'll bet there is nowhere in the owner's manual issued with each S&W product that the Lifetime Service Policy is void if you don't return the card!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Buying a car is gonna be a mofo for some.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Even if a Top notch company like S&B, NF, Swarovski, ect. didn't have a transferable warranty - I'm still buying them cause I know they produce a world class product that typically won't need service. Also, if I save $3-400 buying that second hand, and I have to pay $250 for a repair - I am still ahead of the game.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I will not buy a scope that has to be sent back to Europe for cs. Homey don't play dat.

Where's your sense of adventure?😛

I'm too old for adventure! cool

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am laughing right now about all the hoopla about hawke not having a great warranty. seriously people your getting butt hurt over a chinese made optic that is batch QC'd. Its the same thing with pretty much all of vortex crap. The companies know that 95% of people hardly ever shoot their guns. as long as the scope gets sighted in the first time, it might see a box of shells over the next 15 years. And for the 5% that actually shoot their guns much. They just replace those scopes. pretty simple actually. 5% come back, the company probably only paid china 5:1 for making them. That means they retail at a 500% markup. of course this is split with the manufacturer and the retailer, but if you are making anywhere near that kind of margin replacing 5 or even 10% of the scopes for free is like MEH, The same can be said for athlon and the rest of the chinese private label optics companies who make absolutely jack nothing and just put their name on it.

PEOPLE YOU ARE BUYING GARBAGE!!! seriously if you are worried about your investment buy optics that will maintain value, and might just not crap out in the first place. Usually this is going to be a company that acutally makes the optic themselves. OR its going to be made in japan or europe, END OF STORY! China is notorious for changing out parts to save even 1 penny per unit. The company that is private labeling the scopes have no idea. the customer gets to find out. a rifle scope is a precision instrument that must adjust precisely, and hold its zero under recoil. Why are you dinking around just buy better.

hawk, athlon, nikko sterling, BSA, vortex its all the same crap with a different name on it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Buying a car is gonna be a mofo for some.

No [bleep] eh?

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I say no to people who try to tell me what to say no to.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 74 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,493,969
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.