Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I’m in BC, and I use x-reload for most of my components. I also like using Northpro Sports for powder, and have gotten some great prices on Hodgdon powder from Swamp Donkey Outdoors in Alberta.
I recently bought a new CZ455 stainless/synthetic 22WMR from Durham Outdoors. The price was way lower than anywhere else I could find in Canada, and the shipping was flat rate cheap ($15 if I remember).

Last edited by mod7rem; 02/16/19.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Here's a link for Northpro. I haven't heard of them, but I will snoop around their site!

http://www.northprosports.com

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Forgot about Tradeex too, great guys to deal with. Have had good experiences with X-Reload too.

Gerry.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Gun Dealer in McAdam has some good deals in their used section, but you need to confirm condition clearly over the phone.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Prairie Gun Traders Avonlea Sask

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by saskfox

I've dealt with them once and they were excellent.

Wolverine Supplies is another great dealer. A long track record of excellent CS, IME.

Higginsons gets 95+% of my reloading budget. Great powder and projectile prices, and service.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saskfox

saskfox;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust it's warmed up a wee bit for you folks.

I've still got family near Yorkton, as well as nephews and nieces spread all over from Whitefox in the north to Assiniboia in the south, so I track Saskatchewan weather a wee bit still.

Kudos to Steve for the thread too as it's good to know who is decent to deal with for sure.

I've been involved with two rifles from Prairie Gun Traders and it could not have gone any smoother. They were, I will also note, one of the first places up here to get in a fast twist Ruger American in .223 and even so didn't require an arm or leg for me to gain possession of it.

For bullets I've dealt with Omineca Source for Sports - the one chap Mark who I've dealt with a number of times used to post here as Todd Bartell. They have been able to get Barnes bullets for me when they were unobtanium everywhere else north of the medicine line.

Lastly as others have mentioned, Clay Smiley at Prophet River was very good to deal with in two sales of collector rifles for me and the purchase of a scope - which had an issue and was returned without a hitch and replaced.

Anyway all the best to you saskfox and the rest of my Canuck brethren - don't think we have any cistern here...... wink

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I use x-reload got my 351 dies and bullets and a bunch of other stuff, also dealt recently with numrich and Prophet River, good places.
I will have to look into your other one.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I haven't ordered from Numrich in yrs. I used to buy a lot of milsurp parts from them. The last thing I got from them was a magazine for a 788.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
X Reload does it again. I placed the order five days ago, and got it this morning.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I used to, but they have two employees that really rub me the wrong way. Unless you live nearby, it's not worth the drive. And they really have to straighten up their website. It's a mess.

Thanks. I live in SE Alberta so, not easily visited. I had planned to check them out when
I was posted in Trenton in the late 90's, never got around to the drive.
I have looked at the website a few times over the years, you nailed that!
Jeff

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I had forgotten about Bashaw Sports.
Has been a couple or three years since I drove through there.
Always was a good spot to stop and poke around. Found some parts there a time or 2 that I couldn't find
anywhere else in Canada, fair price too!.
This is probably the best thread we have had on the Canada Page in a long time!
Jeff

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by troutfly
I used to, but they have two employees that really rub me the wrong way. Unless you live nearby, it's not worth the drive. And they really have to straighten up their website. It's a mess.

Thanks. I live in SE Alberta so, not easily visited. I had planned to check them out when
Jeff

Are you still in the service? I spent some time in Cold Lake. Most of the guys would drive to Edmonton and spend their money there. Mind you, with the Internets, it's easy to spend your money where ever you want.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I found a place in Sylvan Lake, AB. Wasp Munitions. Has anyone bought from them?

On another thread I asked if anyone knew of a source for 223 Rem brass. I started searching again and found them. https://waspmunitions.ca

I ordered 500 processed IVI cases.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by troutfly

Jeff

Are you still in the service? I spent some time in Cold Lake. Most of the guys would drive to Edmonton and spend their money there. Mind you, with the Internets, it's easy to spend your money where ever you want.

Hey Steve,
No, I retired in 2006. 26+ yrs as a Medic. Was in Shilo, Calgary, Edmonton and Trenton before retiring at Suffield and stayed in the area.
I work at Range Control as a civilian radio op. I do some writing, mostly fly tying but also hunting/conservation and the odd product review.
While posted in Edmonton, I hunted the Cold Lake area plenty. My hunting partner was posted there.
Jeff

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I see. I was 22 yrs in uniform. Baden, Chatham, Bagotville, Comox, and Borden. I was never posted to CL, but spent a lot of time there. I taught for 11 years at CFSATE Borden after I retired. Don't miss it.

I get the desire to visit Chatham, NB every once in a while, but then they have their bad storms and the urge passes. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I get the desire to visit Chatham, NB every once in a while, but then they have their bad storms and the urge passes. smile

Real estate is very reasonable these days in Miramichi after the mill closed. Nice city.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I see that. For what I'd need, there are a bunch of properties from $60,000 to $120,000.

A few years before CFB Chatham closed, the radar base at St. Margarets closed. It is about 15 mi. south on Hwy 11. The base and its contents were sold off to whoever came up with the cash. I could have bought a duplex - 1200 sq. feet in both sides - for $8000.I had a young family and there was no way to earn a living around there. Despite the cheap houses, it took a while to sell everything. There were no jobs or services.

I thought about retirees, but a few guys I knew who were retiring from the service told me it was too far from town (Chatham). The hospital, grocery shopping, corner store, etc were too far.That made sense.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I see. I was 22 yrs in uniform. Baden, Chatham, Bagotville, Comox, and Borden. I was never posted to CL, but spent a lot of time there. I taught for 11 years at CFSATE Borden after I retired. Don't miss it.

I hadn't planned on working at the base once I retired, just happened that way. 2-3 more years and I'll hopefully retire again, final time.
The writing is interesting, don't see myself giving it up anytime soon.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
That's what happened with me. I retired, but got a phone call from a company in Ottawa. My old boss gave them my name. I ended up teaching as a civilian for 11 years.

It was a combination of my age and the fact that I was no longer in uniform, but you probably noticed that when you hung up your uniform, you weren't part of the club anyone - despite working for DND. When I walked out the door for the last time, I didn't miss it one bit. I haven't been back to visit, although I do see former work mates from time to time. Oddly, nothing about work is ever brought up.

I don't regret my military service at all. I've just moved on. Most people do. The only ones I feel sorry for are the Commissionaires who live in the past. I go to Timmy's and sit inside occasionally. I overhear these old dogs trying to relive their glory days. The tell the current generation in uniform why things are so much easier today than when they were in the service. laugh Sad.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 18 invisible), 1,673 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,804
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.