Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jim. Sorry to hear that you've been under the weather. We'll see you at the summer gathering.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gentlemen, looks like I will not make it this year. Between the wife and myself, a couple of issues that will keep me away. Nothing serious, but things that have to be taken care of. I hope that all have a wonderful and safe time. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Same news from me. I am deeply disappointed.

I wonder when I talk to my wife if she hears me like Lucy heard Ricky Ricardo: "Honey! You got a lot o'splainin to do."

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gentlemen, you will be missed !

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To my fellow Tonto Basin Veterans,
I, too, wish you all the best. Warmest wishes to those unable to attend this year, and glad tidings to those brave souls who will be there.
Life has conspired against me this year. Sometimes one can't force the alignment of the stars. Just when I thought I could make it happen, bad weather, storm damage, and now a cold and flu-bug have eliminated any chance. I am so clogged and stuffed up right now I can hardly talk. Getting too cold and wet is what did me in, I think, so stay dry and warm, y'all.
So, I will be there in spirit, and I will raise an Amarulla toast to my friends at the Campfire, and hope to make it next year.

Milo

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
IC B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We'll raise a toast to you Milo. Get well.

Jeff

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
OK folks, here's the bad news. 8" of snow in Payson today. All the roads are forecast closed. More snow coming in Thursday and Friday. 36" forecast for Payson Thursday night. Anyone not coming from Phx is going to get stuck. Pretty much every highway will be closed. 87 might even be closed at Fountain Hills. Highs of 45 are not going to be fun to camp in etc. Kent and I talked today and decided that there is really no reason to try and do this with the weather.

The get together/campout/ shootout is hereby canceled. Wish it weren't true but it is. I hope everyone reads this. I will try to reach out to some of you that are traveling.

Dennis

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Roosevelt gathering has been CANCELED

I've notified Darby. I've sent a text to Seafire and left a voice mail.

Dennis is currently at work. Anyone needing any further information, please contact me via PM.

Jeff

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

CANCELED

Up to 36" of snow expected

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Owl; 02/19/19.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Ok. frown

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Will miss seeing everyone, but I wasn't looking forward to another snowy, wintry outing again--especially after the grandkids elk hunt the last week of December.

Hope to see everyone at Armijo Springs!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bummer.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well there goes our big chance to have a snowball fight...

Now, on the realistic end...

hope this finds everyone who was going to come doing well, and your families the same.

and to all of our friends with the weather holding them down with illnesses, I sure hope you
each get better real soon.

A shout out to Milo also....hope you get better real soon also Milo.. I'm doing better this winter than I
have been doing in a long time. The house that we moved to, that the wife bought as she wanted, doesn't
have the mold in it like the old house did... which was in the ventilation system and under the house.
Didn't seem to bother my wife and son, but it sure was giving me respiratory challenges all winter, and every
winter for the last 10 years or more...

Will miss all you guys, but I know that there should be no snow in Arizona this summer.

Best regards to everyone.
cheers
john chr/ seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Been watching the weather closely, gonna miss seeing everyone.

Even got a "critter intrusion alarm" for the tent <grin>

To all the folks with heath stuff going on, prayers offered up.

Dang, gonna take a couple days just to unload all the gear and etc from the car (as Dennis can attest to, lol)

Everyone take care till the next adventure...

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Well, it was a hard decision but besides the roads most likely being closed over mt Ord plus anything north, I doubt we could get into camp on the dirt road, I've hunted those roads and when they get muddy you don't drive them you slide them... and that's on the flats.

Biggest winter storm in over 10 years, forest lakes is expecting 5 ft.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
I'm in Douglas on the border and it's snowing right now. I have concrete on the ground finishing.

Kent

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
It was snowing here this morning. Did not stick but it was fun to watch.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Snowed a little here, too. Supposed to be a cold night.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Drove across the border last evening and ate at the ponderosa steak house, took over an hour coming back across the border, it was a holiday, buncha az plates and even a montana... party animals I guess.

Kent

Last edited by krp; 02/19/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good deal calling it early. Now I'll have to go to the Crossroads show on Saturday and figure out who's wearing the stupidest t-shirt.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,168
Posts18,484,544
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.