Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Whether you only have a small area, or an entire building, it's handy to have a rolling tool chest beside you, within easy reach of your measuring tools and accessories.

The first thing I would tell new reloaders is to buy one before spending the bucks on an expensive press or the best dies. It doesn't have to be expensive. A tool chest - even a lighter duty one - lasts forever. Of course, if you give up reloading, a tool chest is always useful, for, um, tools...

The other thing I would suggest is, as your equipment grows, give your used stuff to someone who is just starting out. It helps them immensely, promotes reloading, and keeps your clutter down.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Just finished getting the bench moved into my new place. I've basically been loading out of my range kit like this for awhile. Everything else stays packed away unless I need it. The bench top is drilled and tapped so it's quick to set up my Rockchucker is a heavier press is needed.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by brydan; 03/03/19.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Very nice. I use a three drawer steel cabinet, recovered from the side of the road. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Small, portable setup that I can use for neck sizing and bullet seating.
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
That looks just about perfect for NS and seating. You have a nice looking press!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I have reloaded in the reloading room.
I have reloaded next to my desk.
I have reloaded in a Honda Element.
I have reloaded in an American 4 wheel camper
I have reloaded at the range.
I have built many reloading benches for myself and others over the last 40 years.

One thing became clear to me in dealing with other guy's: what everyone wants in a reloading setup is different.
Some guys want to listen to the radio, some watch TV. I like to type and watch youtube while reloading at home, and shoot over a chrono while reloading when in Montana.
Some guys want one press. Some want 6 presses set up. Some want them quickly movable with clamps, some want the presses bolted down.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 219 Wasp, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,343
Posts18,487,754
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.