Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Why do we hear so much about Leica's terrible customer service then? Some say it's improved, some say not, my recent experience tells me that it still lags far behind every alpha maker, and most everyone else. Why is that?

JG the reason is in the past leica was sticklers about warranty and did make some mistakes. The people they made mistakes with were vocal about it. I had 2 experiences with leica customer service albeit about 6 years ago. this was after they had improved, I would call both experiences satisfactory in my view. nothing more nothing less. be careful who you are taking advice from about leica, the question to ask was what exactly was their issue and experience. Rather than them parroting what they think leica does or is based on someone else they heard parroting the same pile of BS, basically forum group think. We have it here in spades.

just got my tracking info back from swaro, my EL range's have been shipped to austria and back, the unit is about 6 years old maybe 7, They are sending it back fixed, no questions were asked about the warranty. They only wanted the serial number and thats it. repair cost was free. total time will be right at 2 months. To be honest I think leica has the compacity to fix these in the US at their new jersey location. Swaro has to send to austria. I bet if I was sending back leicas I would have been charged $100 bucks and would have had them back a month ago. there is your differences.

doug's comments I cannot agree more with. there is a reason they don't care about the warranty, batch QC, just replace it. buy it right in the first place from doug, sell it for not that much loss and upgrade again from doug for the right price and you stay using top end gear without losing your shirt and you don't care about chinese products and warranty.

lastly if you have an issue, doug knows these people at each of these companies all will be fine.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 02/12/19.
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Limited, transferable, no BS.

WARRANTY SERVICE
Some companies promise all kinds of things with
their warranties…like full replacements for any
reason. If you think about it, you have to wonder
just how well such products are made in the first
place, and what kind of markup you’re paying to
make such things possible.
A “free replacement” won’t do you much good if
your scope fails during an expensive hunt halfway
around the world, if it costs you a trophy or your
best chance at a world record, or if you’re trusting
it with your life in combat.
We think the best warranty is one you’ll never have
to use. The fact is, far less than 1% of the scopes
we build are ever returned for warranty service.
Yes, all Nightforce riflescopes are covered by a
transferable Limited Lifetime Warranty. If we did
something wrong, we’ll fix it.
We figure it’s far better to build a riflescope
as close to perfect as humanly possible in the
first place.
A WARRANTY IS NO SUBSTITUTE
FOR INHERENT QUALITY.
We have a full-time, in-house customer service
staff available to you should you need help before
or after your purchase. Our customer service team
is comprised of experienced shooters, hunters, and
experienced factory technicians that are ready and
willing to help with questions on choosing the
right product, applications, how-tos, fitment or
any concerns you might have.
We also enjoy hearing about your successes in the
field or on the range, so don’t hesitate to call. And
we love seeing photos.
You can reach our Customer Service Team at:
REAL, EXPERT SERVICE.
NOT LIP SERVICE.
Phone: 208.476.9814 ext 3
Email: infonightforceoptics.com
Postal: 336 Hazen Lane, Orofino, ID 83544

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My Leica Geovid had to go across the drink for repair. I'm waiting for info from the US rep on when I can expect to get it back, and what was wrong/what will be fixed.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
My Leica Geovid had to go across the drink for repair. I'm waiting for info from the US rep on when I can expect to get it back, and what was wrong/what will be fixed.

Did you have your damned receipt? LOL laugh

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Transferable warranties help sell used scopes, which I’m sure doesn’t help a company’s bottom line. I have no issue with a good warranty for the original owner. I keep my scope boxes anyway so the receipt goes in the box regardless. Having the box also helps with resale, and having the receipt reminds me what I have in it so I can ask a fair price. I’m at a point where I’m upgrading when I find great deals, but have kids I’m outfitting as well so scopes have been rotating a fair amount lately.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I wish I had a dime every time I heard "Lecia has really beefed up their customer service department" crap. I hear it every year. I had what seemed like the most simple CS issue when I bought my demo Geovids. I called in to the CS department and talked to some lady about getting my unit registered for warranty purposes. She informed me that I had to do it online through their portal, in which you had to sign up for. I did so, problem was the portal wasn't working. I called back a few days later and told the lady what was up and she said she'd get them registered for me then. I checked back at least once per week, no dice. After attempting to talk to CS again (never would answer or return a call), and multiple emails detailing the problem, I never heard diddly crap from Leica CS again, and the product remained unregistered. Like I said, Chicom bino companies have better service and warranties.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boomer, you have said it all, now just move along, and stop your bitchin....

I think the only thing that would make you happy is open sights, and new eyeglasses...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by bhoges
What else besides optics comes with a lifetime warranty in your life? Vortex started this trend and in time I'm sure these companies will regret it. Sure its awesome for the consumer but I don't think its fair for the companies. There will be people who abuse the warranty.

What this guy said. I’ll buy Leica, Hawke and Nikon.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I wish I had a dime every time I heard "Lecia has really beefed up their customer service department" crap. I hear it every year. I had what seemed like the most simple CS issue when I bought my demo Geovids. I called in to the CS department and talked to some lady about getting my unit registered for warranty purposes. She informed me that I had to do it online through their portal, in which you had to sign up for. I did so, problem was the portal wasn't working. I called back a few days later and told the lady what was up and she said she'd get them registered for me then. I checked back at least once per week, no dice. After attempting to talk to CS again (never would answer or return a call), and multiple emails detailing the problem, I never heard diddly crap from Leica CS again, and the product remained unregistered. Like I said, Chicom bino companies have better service and warranties.

Fuggin Leica! LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Bry
Transferable warranties help sell used scopes, which I’m sure doesn’t help a company’s bottom line. I have no issue with a good warranty for the original owner. I keep my scope boxes anyway so the receipt goes in the box regardless. Having the box also helps with resale, and having the receipt reminds me what I have in it so I can ask a fair price. I’m at a point where I’m upgrading when I find great deals, but have kids I’m outfitting as well so scopes have been rotating a fair amount lately.

A sensible post. Thanks

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
Boomer, you have said it all, now just move along, and stop your bitchin....

I think the only thing that would make you happy is open sights, and new eyeglasses...

Good For You Farmboy1.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Based on the Company's written Warranty

No Receipt needed
(the item will simply be repaired or replaced if defective, some go further)
Athlon
Burris
Bushnell
Leupold/Redfield
Meopta
Nightforce
Sig
Sightron
S&B
Steiner
SWFA
Tract
Vortex
Zeiss
Swarovski/Kahles (Stellar CS but as written a US/Canada Dealer receipt is required.)

Receipt Required
(crap shoot, a good dealer may help resolve)
Hawke
Leica
Nikon (mixed written policies)
Trijicon
Weaver

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bhoges
What else besides optics comes with a lifetime warranty in your life? Vortex started this trend and in time I'm sure these companies will regret it. Sure its awesome for the consumer but I don't think its fair for the companies. There will be people who abuse the warranty.

And everybody pays for it.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

what was it doing jordan? The only problem I had was not my fault I couldn't get mine to range very far. what I think happened is the beam that was shooting the range wasn't lined up with the box you saw when you pushed the button. meaning if I figured out where the beam was shooting around the box they probably would have worked fine. In fact that is something I recommend everyone figure out is exactly what part of the aiming box or circle your picking up the range reading. I recommend checking this with something like a radio tower. on my EL range binoculars it was the upper 50% of the aiming circle that pulled the range.

leica fixed my issue with their service center in new jersey. they also fixed a tweaked focus wheel from me dropping them on the floor another time. In that case I had to pay for the repair, again fixed at their new jersey facility.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Based on the Company's written Warranty

No Receipt needed
(the item will simply be repaired or replaced if defective, some go further)
Athlon
Burris
Bushnell
Leupold/Redfield
Meopta
Nightforce
Sig
Sightron
S&B
Steiner
SWFA
Tract
Vortex
Zeiss
Swarovski/Kahles (Stellar CS but as written a US/Canada Dealer receipt is required.)

Receipt Required
(crap shoot, a good dealer may help resolve)
Hawke
Leica
Nikon (mixed written policies)
Trijicon
Weaver

I wonder if the two camera companies in the lower list have separate warranties for sport optics and camera gear or if they lump it all into one warranty.

Anyone care to look that up?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I am almost worn out from warranty research (thank goodness Farmboy1 says LOL) but sport optics are definitely different.

Good points have been made. Some erroneous too, especially the nonsense that certain brands discussed are simply relabeled generics. Idiot +P.

Many things have lifetime warranties. Redding Dies, Warne mounts, Buck knives....

If SWFA can do it so could Hawke, Weaver and the others. They intentionally don't, and put it in writing. I say WTF? Not saying it should be a No Fault warranty, just simple, we'll take care of it if it fails.

YMMV

--- Kid Rock 2022

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You have to wonder how much it really takes to manufacture some of these scopes. MSRP: $599 On sale for $299 to sell a bunch. Then a full lifetime warranty. Shipped from China or wherever. Everyone is taking a cut and making money, even on the sale prices. What did it take to make, $30 in parts?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

what was it doing jordan? The only problem I had was not my fault I couldn't get mine to range very far. what I think happened is the beam that was shooting the range wasn't lined up with the box you saw when you pushed the button. meaning if I figured out where the beam was shooting around the box they probably would have worked fine. In fact that is something I recommend everyone figure out is exactly what part of the aiming box or circle your picking up the range reading. I recommend checking this with something like a radio tower. on my EL range binoculars it was the upper 50% of the aiming circle that pulled the range.

leica fixed my issue with their service center in new jersey. they also fixed a tweaked focus wheel from me dropping them on the floor another time. In that case I had to pay for the repair, again fixed at their new jersey facility.

They range well in warm weather, but nothing past 250ish when temps get below freezing. Apparently there was a manufacturing lot with a bad solder, or something. Still haven’t heard from Leica with info on what was wrong.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Calvin
You have to wonder how much it really takes to manufacture some of these scopes. MSRP: $599 On sale for $299 to sell a bunch. Then a full lifetime warranty. Shipped from China or wherever. Everyone is taking a cut and making money, even on the sale prices. What did it take to make, $30 in parts?

Good post, it can't cost them much to make them

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I like Leupold, buy a used one, if it’s accidentally bad, send it in, it’s fixed free.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 22 invisible), 2,058 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,503
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.