Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
PRI - Precision Reflex Inc.
DD - Daniel Defense
BCM - Bravo Co. M-something
PSA - Palmetto State Armory smile

DD and BCM are top end, no BS builders with excellent customer service.

PSA, value provider of parts and complete guns.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

What did you use to install, torque, and stake the castle nut?

huh?

Armorers wrench?

She's stumped easily.

Understatement.

Hint.................(grin)

then tell me the details,

I have no idea what the fugg you're implying,

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
smooth side upper?

No.

Stay traditional on the upper.

You guys are just not listening to me.......I have no idea what a smooth upper or traditional is.........

Seriously.. dumb it down ok?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Ken,
You tube is your friend.

I gave my son a stripped lower and some parts. I can home from work and he was done with it.

He went on YouTube, and watched a few video's and borrowed a few tools from the gun room.....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm happy to abandon forward assist,but wish to retain a dust cover.

Hint.................

I cant take anymore [bleep] hints,,,,,,,All tapped out.

IC B2

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Somebody isn't guessing.

Hint...............

Let me guess, You?

this is like playing 20 questions with my kids.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

huh?

Armorers wrench?

She's stumped easily.

Understatement.

Blue' is a CLUELESS Drooling Dumb Fhuqk.

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Somebody isn't guessing.

Hint...............

Let me guess, You?

this is like playing 20 questions with my kids.

You've been led to water on a silver platter.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

huh?

Armorers wrench?

She's stumped easily.

Understatement.

Blue' is a CLUELESS Drooling Dumb Fhuqk.

Hint.................

Let me rephrase, The castle nut, how?

hintforthe3rdfuggintime.......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Righty-tighty...lefty-loosey.

Hint................

IC B3

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
12 inch Cresent wrench or what the [bleep]?

Pipe wrench?

40 ftlbs=farmer tight?

Nevermind.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Traditional upper has a dust cover and forward assist. Smooth doesn’t. I’d stay with a standard upper. I’d buy it assembled instead of stripped so both dust cover and FA is in place. Then you’d have to install barrel, gas tube and block, hand guard.

It’s not hard to put together an upper assembly, or a lower but some tools are required. Plenty of videos out there to help.

Easiest route other than buying a complete rifle would probably be to buy a complete upper already assembled, with or without a lower kit. Buy lower and parts sperately if needed. You would need an stripped lowers, lower parts kit (you can get them with and without trigger group). Then assemble the lower yourself using the trigger and buttstock of your choice. You would need an armorers wrench to torque and install the castle nut on the buffer tube extension. Read up on staking. None of it is rocket science.

Upper assembly from parts takes a little more know how and tools but still not difficult. You can get into “truing” receiver face, bedding barrel extension etc. if you want to go to that level of detail. I’ve done a few of both with no issues.

Tell us what you expect from the rifle and it’s intended use, and what you want to spend and you’ll get plenty of recommendations

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've yet to shoot one loose.

Hint...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
Traditional upper has a dust cover and forward assist. Smooth doesn’t. I’d stay with a standard upper. I’d buy it assembled instead of stripped so both dust cover and FA is in place. Then you’d have to install barrel, gas tube and block, hand guard.

It’s not hard to put together an upper assembly, or a lower but some tools are required. Plenty of videos out there to help.

Easiest route other than buying a complete rifle would probably be to buy a complete upper already assembled, with or without a lower kit. Buy lower and parts sperately if needed. You would need an stripped lowers, lower parts kit (you can get them with and without trigger group). Then assemble the lower yourself using the trigger and buttstock of your choice. You would need an armorers wrench to torque and install the castle nut on the buffer tube extension. Read up on staking. None of it is rocket science.

Upper assembly from parts takes a little more know how and tools but still not difficult. You can get into “truing” receiver face, bedding barrel extension etc. if you want to go to that level of detail. I’ve done a few of both with no issues.

Tell us what you expect from the rifle and it’s intended use, and what you want to spend and you’ll get plenty of recommendations

Cited Rifle Kit,wears a fully assembled upper.

Hint..................

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Hint...............

Well that certainly cleared everything up.....

later.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Cited Rifle Kit,wears a fully assembled upper.

Hint..................

Hint received

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Hint...............

later.

I’m lost, are you still asking about a wrench for a buffer extension castle nut or something else?

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Finally, an actual human being response in English.

Appreciate it.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Hint...............

later.

I’m lost, are you still asking about a wrench for a buffer extension castle nut or something else?

You're not has lost has I am.......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Finally, an actual human being response in English.

Appreciate it.

The upper in said kit,is still fully assembled.

Hint................

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,722 guests, and 979 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,716
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.