Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Oldelkhunter,
We have our third Airedale and they are a real pleasure. First was an Oorang strain and next two were a Mountain strain. These are muuch larger than conformation Airedale show dogs and were bred from hunting ‘dales from generations. I don’t hunt them as intended but track w them a long walk them a couple of times daily. They are real intuitive and smart. Also, love children.

I believe that will be my next choice a few years down the road as well. My wife is pushing for another Bull Mastiff as well.

So far since my wife and I have been together

Female Golden Retriever
Male and Female Rottweiler
Wirehaired Dacshund
Currently own a male and female Parson Russell terrier and a Male Bull Mastiff.

I get hit pretty hard when I lose a dog and I have seldom immediately replaced one so sometimes a few years lapse.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Rockymtnhigh
Originally Posted by ingwe
Would have loved to keep this dog: Dutch Shepherd

[Linked Image]

Those are some dang good dogs, but very moody and fiercely protective of their owners...We have had ours since she was a pup and have to watch her very closely when strangers are around, even when members of our family visits...Especially, when people are around our kids. We keep her in a cage when people come over that she is not used to being around...

They are not dogs for the faint of heart....nor are they good "pet" dogs.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin

When someone else mentioned wanting to have a dog back that's already gone on, my first though was how much I agree, and my second thought was how much I would love to see my little Sheltie, Hope, again...

I have said, and posted this before, but when Karen Blixen was asked if she could have one thing back in her life she responded that she would like to go on safari with Bror once again.

If I were asked to have anything in life back, it would be to hunt big mule deer with Pearl again...the best of times...

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R

[Linked Image]

Those are some dang good dogs, but very moody and fiercely protective of their owners...We have had ours since she was a pup and have to watch her very closely when strangers are around, even when members of our family visits...Especially, when people are around our kids. We keep her in a cage when people come over that she is not used to being around...

That's very true. They are a lot of work, but great dogs for their immediate family and even great with other pets in the house.....Only drawback is how they react to strangers....Not to mention they are a very intimidating looking breed of dog. Most people that look at ours are just scared of how she looks with the dark colors and muscular body...

Last edited by Rockymtnhigh; 02/17/19.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've had Heelers most all my adult life. Currently have to and sell some pretty good puppies from time to time. Butter Braids that has sparked my interest that you cannot hardly find the United States is a German koolie

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

[Linked Image]

That's very true. They are a lot of work, but great dogs for their immediate family and even great with other pets in the house.....Only drawback is how they react to strangers....Not to mention they are a very intimidating looking breed of dog. Most people that look at ours are just scared of how she looks with the dark colors and muscular body...

And that's true. when I was introduced to that one the Trainer said " theres about a 50/50 chance this one will bite you..."

Well, Ive been working with dogs like that for years, and we got along famously...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Currently have a Black Mouth Cur. I'll never go back to a lab after having a Cur dog so my pick is BMC or a Catahoula

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
All of them, but it's just not possible.

I've never met a dog I didn't like...

not so for most people!

Phil

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Doberman. Probably red. If not, black.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Could not be happier with the dog I currently have, blue heeler. Smart, loyal to the point of fault and would follow me into a burning building .

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Chessie
English Pointer
French Brittany

I have owned them all and one day will own some more.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Greyghost
All of them, but it's just not possible.

I've never met a dog I didn't like...

not so for most people!

Phil

Very true Phil.

If I lived in a cooler climate I'd get a Caucasian Mountain Dog.

[Linked Image]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Could ride that sucker... now that is a lap dog if I've ever seen one!

Phil

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Phil

That guy in the picture is only 5'2" smile smile smile

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Phil

Giddy up! grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My Grandfather had a Shepard back in the 50's named King.

The dog has mythical status in our family, super kind and gentle with kids and women, and even more gentle with pregnant women, but with men he was a phugging brute. Smart as hell was his reputation, and had backpacking neck and shoulders. I would love to have old King back.
Story has it I sneaked out of the house when I was 2, next thing the parents heard was screaming down by the pool. They looked out and saw me hanging over the pool, King had me by the ass. smile Maybe he was going to drop me in and got caught, but I'd like to believe he was looking out for me. smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Siberian husky.

Ever own a Husky? Very smart, but hard headed, sneaky, and shed basketball sized hair balls. smile

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I see the Catahoula mentioned often in this thread. I have one that I love dearly. That said, a Catahoula can be a real handful. They are a very tough, talented dog, that will keep you on your toes. Mine is a real goof ball. Play, play, play is all she wants to do. She plays rough and feels as though she should always come first. She is high maintenance, but we have a LOT of fun.

Here is my list.

Field Bred English Cocker
Blackmouth Cur
British Labrador
German Shorthair
Mountain Cur
German Shepherd

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have always wanted an Airedale, any terrier that size has to be bad azz......

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Our latest Airedale, Sam, is 13 mos old and 92lbs. His “protective “ trait is really developing. He is crazy about my wife, and fun to watch herd her around while walking him. Once twilight he will sit on porch front legs straight out and rear on deck. He watches. Real absence of barking. Only barks when necessary or just prior to strike. Teeth like a barracuda and jaws like an alligator. But very loving...if that makes sense. And he is a clown!

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

699 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 75 invisible), 3,172 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,105
Posts18,483,265
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.