Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
So in reading this thread the only RCBS dies that you have had were acquired in gun trades so obviously second hand and you found problems with them and RCBS would gladly replace the dies without question even though you are not the original buyer and yet you find it necessary to go on a public forum and bitch. Seems like you go a long way to get your panties in a bind.
Haters gotta hate.

Yeah, that would be accurate. A guy could surmise from a good sampling of used RCBS dies I’ve had delivered as a package deal that the original owners bought them because they were less expensive and failed to use the correctly causing injury to the dies.

Now on the other hand, I’ve had Redding dies show up and they were in perfect working order. Again, a guy can only guess that the Redding dies are better made, idiot proof, stronger, consequently holding up to the rigors of both novice and experienced reloaders.
😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I getta kick outta Boobs being in wayyyyyyyyy over their "abilities" and lamenting same,while pointing fingers.

Have yet to see anyone set dies up correctly.

Hint................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by mathman
Don't worry about my mileage. I have several Redding competition seaters along with several more Forster Benchrest and Ultra seaters. It ain't my first rodeo for getting bullets seated straight.

Then tell me about you mileage with Foster BR seaters. 😎

I have them for 308 Winchester, 243 Winchester, 7mm-08 Rem, 223 Rem and they produce cartridges just as straight as the Redding competition units.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I may have seen a few Comp Seaters 😎

[Linked Image]

You assuredly have NOT.

Hint...............

Hint...You can’t read number 7/08

You have problems setting up your dies? Maybe if you wouldn’t throw your gear all over a mountain side or sink them in a river, your stuff wouldn’t get ruined...Do you have any fish pictures you want to display? I know you have an affinity for catching fish and night hunting...😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Don't worry about my mileage. I have several Redding competition seaters along with several more Forster Benchrest and Ultra seaters. It ain't my first rodeo for getting bullets seated straight.

I have them for 308 Winchester, 243 Winchester, 7mm-08 Rem, 223 Rem and they produce cartridges just as straight as the Redding competition units.

Why don’t you run RCBS? Larry says nothing compares. 😎

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
All but one of my die sets are RCBS. I have one set of Redding dies that was a gift. I haven't noticed any benefit from the Redding over the RCBS. They both make accurate ammo for me. That's all I need out of a die set, so I've been happy with both.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Why don’t you run RCBS? Larry says nothing compares. 😎

You are at the mercy of your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...which never ain't not fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint.

Dies simply whipped your ass,which is more than a "touch" fhuqking HILARIOUS!

Re-hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Fuuck Stick here you go...This is what happens when you treat your gear incorrectly...Learn it! 😎

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I getta kick outta Boobs being in wayyyyyyyyy over their "abilities" and lamenting same,while pointing fingers.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I never thought I would hear myself say this, but he's right you know.

Don't blame a single die company and don't applaud a single die company. Pick and choose between them for what's best for your circumstances, and learn to properly set up a set of dies. The damage shown in that pic is the result of stupidity on someone's part, not an indicator of RCBS's quality.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
maybe your just too stupid..that would be my guess by your childish rant.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Maybe you’re a Dipschit...I didn’t set this die up. But, it’s the 3rd time I received an RCBS die with stem bent. Either those who run RCBS are incapable of properly setting them up. Or, RCBS lacks the strength and integrity to maintain a simple centering of the stem preventing too much lateral movement that if not checked will lead to the picture above.

I’m thinking your too stupid to open you wallet for quality made dies 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like it took a hammer to get those dies into that condition.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks ain't deceivin'...................(grin)

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Maybe you’re a Dipschit...I didn’t set this die up. But, it’s the 3rd time I received an RCBS die with stem bent. Either those who run RCBS are incapable of properly setting them up. Or, RCBS lacks the strength and integrity to maintain a simple centering of the stem preventing too much lateral movement that if not checked will lead to the picture above.

lol....gosh you are a D*&^ H*&%....,thousands of people use RCBS dies and never struggle as much as you.Its ok snowflake,go to your safe space and throw your temper tantrum. if its the third time its happened to you why do u keep buying them? Sounds like your the one thats broke.

Last edited by barnabus; 02/19/19.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Experience is the best teacher, and I started reloading back about 59 years ago, with a couple original Lee Loader sets of hand tools, one for shotgun shells and one for the .44 Magnum. They cost about $10.00 then, when a box of bullets ran about $2.50 and a tray of primers cost less than a $1.00. Graduated to an R.C.B.S. Junior Press and dies for the .44 Magnum, .357 Magnum, and the .35 Remington. From there the collection of dies, cartridges, brands and types of presses snowballed, until now there is an entire closet dedicated to about 100 die sets, of every brand available, some custom manufactured to match a specific chamber, and yes one by R.C.B.S. made for a wildcat cartridge that R.C.B.S. barreled an action for me, back when Fred Huntington was the owner. There is even a hydraulic case forming die made by the Hornady Custom Shop that was produced from the chambering reamer drawing and two fired cases, that instantly form the .22-250 Remington into the Ackley Improved version, without fireforming, along with a set of matched reloading dies. So, what one finds are dies by the aforementioned Lee Engineering, Bonanza, CH4D, Forster, Hornady, Lyman, R.C.B.S., Redding, and one or two in the back row in cardboard boxes that haven't been seen in decades. They all work, they all do the job, the ammunition they produce has won boxes of trophies, or transformed varmints into puffs of vanishing biology.

Not everything has been perfect, one R.C.B.S. F.L. die a few years back would horribly scratch every case run into it. Turned out that the shoulder vent hole had an inside burr that was made from the hardened steel. Sent it back and they replaced it. When Hornady began making dies, the early decapping stems were smooth and held in place by a collet, which was nearly impossible to prevent slipping. Then they changed the design and things began to work. Also have a Forster F.L. die that refused to screw into a Redding T-7 Turret Press, sent it back with an explanation. They checked it and returned it, still won't screw in, so I gave up. It works in any one of the other presses, but is a complete mystery why it is the only die that won't screw through any T-7 turret. Then there was the 6mm PPC Redding die that had the wrong decapping stem installed at the factory with large diameter depriming pin, that wouldn't fit through the smaller flash hole. They sent me the correct setup after a quick email. Overall, dies are the least trouble of all the tools, and when things go wrong, it's usually an error on my part, or some weird thing. Once had a .45-70 Winchester case where the primer flash hole was so far off-center that the decapping rod bent, I hadn't checked each new case. Still when things go wrong it can be frustrating, but such is life.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 02/19/19.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I've been using RCBS dies for around 30yrs and never had any issues that I didn't cause myself. RCBS is the only dies in my cabinet so I really don't know how good the others are compared to RCBS because that's all I've ever used. They have always worked great for me and my type loading which is just for hunting.

Life's Tough, God's Good, Pray Hard!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by barnabus

lol....gosh you are a D*&^ H*&%....,thousands of people use RCBS dies and never struggle as much as you.Its ok snowflake,go to your safe space and throw your temper tantrum. if its the third time its happened to you why do u keep buying them? Sounds like your the one thats broke.

You must be one of those kids who got home schooled and breastfed until you were 8-9 years old because reading comprehension isn’t your thing...Now run along and read my original post once again slowly to yourself. Then you can scream for your mom to come hold you close and sing you a lullaby. You’re a typical Millennial idiot who can’t be bothered to do the work on the front end to understand what you’re actually talking about which makes you an idiot. I’m not shocked! 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

428 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 38 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,704
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.