Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Moved all of the carpet from the living room, family room, and hall way into big contractor trash bags, then down to the road for the trash man. Then went home to a plywood floor. Damn that carpet helped keep the house warm, and the bare floor is loud. If the dog drops her bone on the floor it sounds like a gun go off!

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Better that than the dirt floor in David's cave.

What?? He said it's a cave, I didn't.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I broke the inside door handle off one of the work trucks yesterday. Now I get to roll the window down and reach outside to open the truck, like a bonafide redneck. Then I went home and found another work truck to have a 1/2" of water soaked carpet and mold growing inside.

And people wonder why contractors charge so much.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Shovel an inch or two of that potting soil onto your floorboards. Start cultivating lettuce in it and have a ready source for lunch every day. It won't matter then if your boots are muddy or if water gets in. You're welcome.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm just wondering how the hell I'm going to dry it out and seal it up since it's raining every day and truck won't fit in garage. I guess take it to a body shop.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I broke the inside door handle off one of the work trucks yesterday. Now I get to roll the window down and reach outside to open the truck, like a bonafide redneck. Then I went home and found another work truck to have a 1/2" of water soaked carpet and mold growing inside.

And people wonder why contractors charge so much.

paying for those therapy sessions?
i always allotted 15 percent of any bid for repairs needed by employee's stupidity. worked out pretty close at year's end.

had one employee hit a kid with my truck, 375k insurance payout with immediate cancellation . welfare mom and dad thought they hit the lottery.
and then i went home grin

Last edited by deerstalker; 02/20/19.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm just wondering how the hell I'm going to dry it out and seal it up since it's raining every day and truck won't fit in garage. I guess take it to a body shop.

Or take it on a vacation to milder climes. Drive down to Yreka, I'm sure its freezing there. You could leave the windows open all night and chip the ice out the next morning. Besides, Yreka is one of my favorites mountain towns. Here's a little local history as told by Wikipedia:

"On July 28, 1935 Clyde Johnson and Robert Miller Barr robbed a local business and its patrons in Castella, California. The pair then stole a car from a patron and drove north to Dunsmuir, California, where they planned to abandon the automobile and make a getaway by train. Soon after they abandoned the car north of Dunsmuir, the pair was stopped by California Highway Patrolman George “Molly” Malone and Dunsmuir titular Chief of Police, 38-year-old Frank R. "Jack" Daw. Johnson pulled out a Luger pistol and wounded both policemen. Malone recovered, but Daw died the next day. Clyde Johnson was caught a few hours later by a dragnet and was taken into custody. Barr, who was holding the $35 that they got from the robbery, panicked during the shootout and ran off into the woods, then escaped on a freight train. Jack Daw was a beloved figure in Dunsmuir. His title of Chief of Police was honorary, given to him because of his cool head and experience as a World War I veteran. The night of Daw's funeral a dozen cars from Dunsmuir, carrying approximately 50 masked men, drove north to Yreka to lynch Johnson. On August 3, 1935 at 1:30am, the vigilante mob reached the Yreka jail and lightly knocked on the door. Deputy Marin Lange, the only guard on duty at the jail, opened the door slightly and was quickly overtaken. He was driven nine miles east of Yreka where he was released, barefoot. The mob proceeded to search the jail, found Johnson, drove him away in one of the cars and hanged him from a pine tree. Barr was arrested over a year later, on September 4, 1936, in Los Angeles on a burglary charge. During his time on the lam, he got a part as an extra in the Nelson Eddy/Jeanette MacDonald film, Rose Marie, scenes of which were filmed near Lake Tahoe. He is credited in the film under his real name."

Dunsmuir on the Upper Sacramento River is a nice little town too.

Before I forget. And then I went home.

Last edited by S99VG; 02/20/19.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
also building a man cave .then i go home

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What's with all the man caves all of a sudden? Your wives don't let you pack the living room with guns and hunting stuff? grin

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Gary, what should we call my place in WV? A Man Cave, is a bit upscale, don't ya think?

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Den of Iniquity?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine's really upscale. The floor is OSB. but then it's on the second floor. I guess I could throw some dirt on it. The other guys finished the ceiling today and went home. My wife would frown on putting guns and hunting stuff in the living room but the caribou mount is OK. I told her I'm decorating it. No little stained glass pieces dangling in the windows and no cute little critters scattered on all the horizontal surfaces. The only critters are going to be stuffed wild game heads including the caribou and a copy of Frederick Remington's rattlesnake.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
And a beer fridge along the wall.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Showed up to start a small 5 day project and after talking with the homeowner she added an 80' recirculating water feature, a stamped concrete patio, raised concrete seating, gas outdoor firepit, trellis/gazebo/outdoor swing, on and on it goes. And then I came home.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know you guys are wondering about the rattlesnake.
[Linked Image]

wyo1895
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I forgot to mention, then the horse and cowboy went home. And cleaned the fecal material off the saddle.
Roy, it'll have to be a wine rack for box wine. I'm a wino.

wyo1895
[email protected]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
He opened a new box of wine, spread some dirt on the floor, and then he went home.

LOL
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Showed up to start a small 5 day project and after talking with the homeowner she added an 80' recirculating water feature, a stamped concrete patio, raised concrete seating, gas outdoor firepit, trellis/gazebo/outdoor swing, on and on it goes. And then I came home.

So did you itemize the cost of the add ons for her? And then I went home.

This is kinda getting to be like Pig Latin. Nday Iay entway omehay!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by S99VG

So did you itemize the cost of the add ons for her? And then I went home.

This is kinda getting to be like Pig Latin. Nday Iay entway omehay!

We agreed on something like $30K-40K, and then I went home.

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/20/19.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Black Box Malbec and then I went home.

wyo1895
[email protected]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

301 members (2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 26 invisible), 1,868 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.