Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by RMiller2
I like the 64 Nosler bonded in the 223. Kills em dead just like the 25 Sharps.

Reportedly very good terminal performance, just never could get them to group. So, not being accurate is boring, regardless how good the performance on critters.

DF

The Winny 64PP crushes Nuzzler best efforts.

Hint................

Yep, those will shoot. And they kill stuff.

DF

HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are wayyyyyy more consistent than anything Nuzzler...but yet pale to a 75 Hornie.

Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Reportedly very good terminal performance, just never could get them to group. So, not being accurate is boring, regardless how good the performance on critters.

DF

Hint................

Lmfao And just who do you think makes the win 64 pp oh I’m cry at your stupidity. Hint it ain’t Winchester. You are nothing more than a rank and file amateur that spends his whole paycheck trying to impress strangers all the while the castle is empty.

Last edited by fredIII; 02/18/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fredrica,

Your version of "knowledge" is fhuqking HILARIOUS!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
PS sugar tits those contracts change often and dups like you can’t stop licking the glass.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Fredrica,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

All your source knowledge must come from your close ties to the gun world via your security job. LOL. TSA lowest level airport janitor has more juice that you will ever get.

Last edited by fredIII; 02/18/19.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[quote=Big Stick]Fredrica,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

I’m sure glad rick took u of the one a day it’s so much better when you can run your gap you just can’t stop once you get started.
Easy to tell who is full of shît when Rick gave you the slack. LOL

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fredrica,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You poor poor(literally) STUPID Brokedick Clueless Fhuqk.

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fishdog52
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Fishdog, what kind of country you hunting and the average distance of your shots for deer?

Marsh, woods and farm country in western NYS. I have fortunate to have choices, but at heart, am a woods hunter. Shots can be kept under 100 yards, a lot less if really necessary. I have even considered to possibility of adapting to archery tactics and using a handgun, but prefer a rifle.

You have a lot of options then. The .223 will do the job, but so will a number of other cartridges. Dunno if you're devoted to bolt guns or not, there be a heap of options in the world of low recoil if one has a T/C Contender. Pistol cartridges in a levergun will work also.

Back to the .223, I don't know what it won't kill but the 5.56 issue FMJ is adequate for water buffalo and ele if one puts the bullet where it needs to go.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

DF

Hint................

Yep, those will shoot. And they kill stuff.

DF

Let’s not avoid the question sugar tits you are so informative please where do you think the 64 pp comes from.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
inimal recoil [Re: Dirtfarmer]
Big Stick Offline
Campfire Oracle

Paradise,Alaska
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

DF

Hint................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fredIII
inimal recoil [Re: Dirtfarmer]
Big Stick Offline
Campfire Oracle

Paradise,Alaska
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

DF

Hint................

Fredrica,

It will only come as a "surprise" to you,that being correct,only is arranged when you plagiarize me.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

LAUGHING!.............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been half looking for a model 70 or 670 in .225 Winchester for a decent price. Always wanted a .225 ever since I was a kid. I may get serious about it this year and start scanning Gunbroker. If I get one it will certainly be used on deer as well as varmints.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MileHighShooter
Load the 300 Savage with 110 or 130 TSX, or 125 cup & core bullets. If you can keep it under 100 yards any of those will do fine even with a reduced velocity load.

Maybe consider a 300 Black Out as well, basically accomplished the same ballistics. Dandy 100 yard 30 cal

Bump the 125s up to >2,500fps and they become 300 yard point blank shooters.

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Not a .223, but a .22-204. Close enough.

This one with a SS Brux 8 twist in a Lone Wolf stock with Jewell trigger. It's a half inch gun with 75 gr. SSII's, which are great on hogs. My deer camp doesn't like .22 cal deer rifles, so I just shoot hogs with this one. It would whack a WT with no problem.

It's very light, a great packing rifle. The CDS is set up for the SSII load. With the Jewell trigger, even though it's light, it would stretch out pretty well, reach way out there. The 75 SSII has a good B.C., maybe not as good as some of the target bullets, but good terminal performance, even on tough critters, great penetration.

DF

Can the naysayers shoot?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Load the 300 Savage with 110 or 130 TSX, or 125 cup & core bullets. If you can keep it under 100 yards any of those will do fine even with a reduced velocity load.

Maybe consider a 300 Black Out as well, basically accomplished the same ballistics. Dandy 100 yard 30 cal

Zeroed at what distance?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Trybone,

The only thing you "shoot",is your mouth and Imagination.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by mathman

Not a .223, but a .22-204. Close enough.

This one with a SS Brux 8 twist in a Lone Wolf stock with Jewell trigger. It's a half inch gun with 75 gr. SSII's, which are great on hogs. My deer camp doesn't like .22 cal deer rifles, so I just shoot hogs with this one. It would whack a WT with no problem.

It's very light, a great packing rifle. The CDS is set up for the SSII load. With the Jewell trigger, even though it's light, it would stretch out pretty well, reach way out there. The 75 SSII has a good B.C., maybe not as good as some of the target bullets, but good terminal performance, even on tough critters, great penetration.

DF

Can the naysayers shoot?

Yeah, they hold their own, plenty of deer in the cooler, dead hogs and 'yotes.

I'd be more inclined to use a .22 as a WT round, especially my fast twist .22-250 with 75 gr. That one is a hammer.

But, when in Rome...

DF

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Here are a couple of coues deer taken with faux Ti 700's in .22-250 Ackley. One over 300, the other over 400. Recoil is extremely light even in rifles weighing 6.5 pounds or so with scope. Those who feel .224's are too light for deer I put in the same category as those who don't think smoking is bad for you.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never been difficult to cypher,who shoots...and who don't. Hint.

22-250AI 75 at 3450fps launch,at 400yds+.

[Linked Image]

The 88 ELD sweetens the pot even more.

Hint................

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (Buckshot5, Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, 6 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,592
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.