Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Look, we've all seen the stories of the IRS going after conservative organizations. Do you think there might be a possiblity they do stuff like that at a state level too?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So, as to the question of "Stand together or hang separately" that would be two votes for "hang separately"?

Companies have the right to try covering their backsides, but when they sell my rights down the road in the process they will never get a nickle of my business.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Look, we've all seen the stories of the IRS going after conservative organizations. Do you think there might be a possiblity they do stuff like that at a state level too?

Dood; if you own some of their knives, just say so. Quit trying to cover for em. Destroying guns is sick chit. Supporting democrats is too.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m sure the NRA will come to the rescue.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hows them Washington gun rights? grin

PS, the NRA warned ya.

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’m sure the NRA will come to the rescue.

NRA must think Benchmade is OK.

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2018/1/27/shot-show-2018-top-5-new-knives/

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I think everyone needs to take a breath and get some fact. Police always destroy guns that were used in commision of crimes, I mean let’s not act like leftards, let’s get some facts.

City of Anchorage started destroying evidence guns and Wayne Anthony Ross, local atty and NRA Board member, filed suit. Result was simple law that precluded their destruction. Mark Begich became Mayor and restarted the destruction. WAR got that stopped quickly.

NRA still gave the POS Bagitch an A- 2A rating and he barely beat Ted Stevens. Ted had just been convicted of financial improprieties but that was overturned on appeal and the Prosecutors were disbarred for discovery violations, among others.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Never bought a Benchmade in my life although I do own two that were given to me. I buy Cold Steel or Buck when I've purchased a knife in the last 15+ years.

I said I was inclined to to give them the benefit of the doubt not that I supported their decision. If it was up to me every gun/knife/archery company in the US would move to a deep red state, but it ain't up to me and I can understand a company in a deep blue state buying some extra insurance.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I said I was inclined to to give them the benefit of the doubt

even in the face of overwhelming evidence grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickBin
When they confiscate luxury items, they sell them at auction and keep the proceeds. They don't destroy houses, boats, Porsches, airplanes, or Rolex watches.

When they confiscate cash, often LEGALLY POSSESSED by the OWNER, they don't destroy it. They keep it. Good luck getting it back.

There is no good reason for perfectly functional firearms to be intentionally destroyed instead of being routed into the hands of needy lawful citizens for lawful uses. Or legally auctioned to the highest bidder.

Moreover, I know which way I would bet if asked if some of the nicest pieces slated for destruction didn't somehow "inadvertently" end up in someone's private collection.

Reserving final judgment on Benchmade at the moment, BUT

I didn't see Yeti handing out free mugs at SHOT Media Day this year, and the ORCA travel mugs Leica gave out at their Media breakfast to introduce their new awesome LRF 2800 rangefinder is what carries coffee in MY truck these days. That dang ORCA with the Leica logo is beautiful.

I don't miss Yeti one bit. Thinking there is a hint (grin) there somewhere.

I'd be moving fast were I a certain knifemaker.

All good points...

And I be liking my Leica Orca mug, too!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Per that donation doc looks like BM donated to Patty Murray, she's an absolute scumbag.
Enemy of 2nd A.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Just one question. Do you vet every single company you do business with? The list of companies that support Dem's is mind numbing. So nobody on here has any Apple Products, No Microsoft Products, and the list goes on and on.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Just one question. Do you vet every single company you do business with? The list of companies that support Dem's is mind numbing. So nobody on here has any Apple Products, No Microsoft Products, and the list goes on and on.

All you can do is your best, or nothing at all. That's whats great about America.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Does Apple specialize in products more frequently used by outdoor sportsmen? Do they have legit competition supplying equivalent products that is either neutral or pro 2A?

Pretty hard to get around computers but quality knives from pro 2A manufacturers is easy.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I notice you didn't address my other points.

I honestly don't care if Benchmade goes out of business tomorrow or becomes the biggest knife seller in the world over the next week.

I have zero plans to buy one of their knives now or in the future. If I lose my current EDC Cold Steel knife I'll buy another just like it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by watch4bear

All you can do is your best, or nothing at all. That's whats great about America.

What is your best? Buying Apple products, buying Microsoft products, not buying Benchmade? Is it ok to buy laundry soap from Dem supporting companies? Where is the line of what is ok to buy and what isn't ok to buy from companies that support Dem's?

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheKid

Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by TheKid
This is bad for PR but only because people aren’t using their heads. I don’t think Benchmade was out having a buyback or anything. I cut up hundreds of guns for our local BATF guy when I worked in a shop. I didn’t like doing it but they were ordered destroyed after they came out of evidence and the BATF was going to pay someone to do it whether it was me or someone else. That’s what I see going on here.

And no I don’t own any Benchmade stuff and probably won’t, but not over this.

Well as long as somebody was going to do it anyway and you got paid, that makes it ok.

Would it make you feel better if the BATF bought some chopsaws and did it themselves? Yeah, I get it, nobody like to see guns destroyed. But when it’s court ordered after they’ve been used in a murder or something, someone is going to destroy them and get paid to do it.

Were you doing that while working for Jim?

Not that I would ever darken his door again, anyway...

Last edited by Sitka deer; 02/20/19. Reason: Frigging autocorrect!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I notice you didn't address my other points.

You had other points?

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

People are free to choose as to who they want to vet, why, and to what degree. Do you disagree MontanaCreekHunter?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Okay you have a nice evening.

Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10ring1, 1Longbow, 163bc, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,611 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,915
Posts18,498,338
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.