Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Cant find much info on these shotguns. Saw one about a month ago on the used gun rack at a local shop. 20 gauge,silver reciever with somewhat nice engraving, decent wood, and nice tight action. They are asking 399.00 for it. Thinking about getting it, any info appreciated!

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I would offer less but $400 isn't a bad price for even the base models. There are several levels with the Conquistador being the base and others going up from there. Quality was said to be a little less than a Citori but I can't say for certain as I have not owned or even shot one. Most of what I have read placed it comparable to Antonio (NOT Angelo) Zoli guns which I have owned and feel are pretty good and often another very good buy, especially those sold under the Verona name. I would risk it over any of the Turkish guns at this point in time.

I know of only one person who has used a Marocchi of any kind and it was a live pigeon gun. He did well enough that he paid for his entry fees off his winnings. That wouldn't put him in the upper levels of shooters but it is better than I would do. He was very satisfied with the gun and used it until he retired from shooting.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Been a while since I've seen one, but as woodmaster81 said, they are a good solid gun. Should have been made in Italy. They are in the SKB, Valmet/Tikka catagory. Usually as good as Beretta or Browning, just never caught on so they don't demand the same price.

Edit
Just looked on gunbroker, and starting bids for almost every Marocchi is $600 or higher. There is only one below that with a starting bid of $1 but I bet it will easily go for $400-$600.

Last edited by driggy; 02/21/19.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Marocchi has been around a long time making shotguns mainly for the Italian and English market. A while back they were being imported here and the ones I saw were solid.

All that being said, when it comes to shotguns on this forum all most are concerned with is price and price is only part of the equation. Rifle shooters being more astute on this forum will ask round count, what does the rifling look like, where does the trigger break. Here 99%+ of the time it is price. Few are concerned with where the top lever lies, does it flop open, does the top and bottom barrel seem to eject at the same time. Is the safety working correctly? What does the face look like? Triggers, crisp or mushy? Break at the same weight? Is the rib still on tight? Same with the side rib? Parts???? Nope it is always price.

Last edited by battue; 02/21/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Charles Daly Diamond made by Marocchi that's been a good O/U. After the first 1K rounds or so I had an issue with it not cocking properly. I'm going off memory but I believe my smith replaced a couple of springs and the cocking block (believed it was a man. defect). I've put maybe ~5K through it since then without issue. At the time he said there was no problem getting parts, and he found it to be a very well made gun. I just checked on mine and Numrich still has parts available. I shot some clays with it this past weekend and still like the gun very much. While it has a low round count it still locks up extremely tight. I'd buy another if the price was right.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-ma...hi-cd?page=1&sort-by=quantity%20desc

Last edited by SockPuppet; 02/21/19.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What is in the bubble wrap? Well it would be two Perazzi barrels with the side ribs just starting to come loose that are being sent back for a fix. I could sell both of them and most buyers wouldn't think twice of checking first. Nice wood, great blueing, good top lever position in that both have been rebuilt. But there is the side rib problem and it isn't a cheep fix. If they didn't look, they would regret it shortly.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by battue; 02/21/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Thanks everyone for the input. I shoot an older Winchester 101, 26" barrels,skeet1 /skeet2. for sporting clays,Thought I would try a 20 gauge for a change.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

359 members (16penny, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 43 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,015
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.