Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
You've started threads all over the forum, what is next? Maybe a 13 mouse express?

He has been on ignore after two days reading his tripe.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Dan Armstrong (accu-tig.com) fixed the bolt handle. No dogleg handle.
Ranting, I used to have a reger#1 in 7STW and a custom 10-22. They are gone. My wife just bought a 10-22 for varmint control around the house. Ain't got no use for a reger bolt gun.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Ranting
If you look at this rifle it as a custom should cost 10,000 BUCKS!

I wish!

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Ranting, I used to have a reger#1 in 7STW and a custom 10-22. They are gone. My wife just bought a 10-22 for varmint control around the house. Ain't got no use for a reger bolt gun.

Gotcha.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I also have an early one without Barrel band,mine came straight from Ruger in exchange for a .458 Win Mag that wouldn’t chamber properly.

Mine is indeed MOA and has a Heartwood Stock.My Son took a 10.6 Brown Bear with it,Crumpled it.

IC B2

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I had a Ruger M77 Mk II Magnum Express Rifle .416 Rigby without the barrel band. Shot great. MOA or better with 400 Noslers and 410 Woodleighs.
Then I picked up a lighter one with the barrel band and it shoots MOA or better with both of those bullets so let the heavier barreled one go.
No problems with either rifle. They fed and functioned great. I run the 400-410 bullets at 2550 give or take a little depending on weather. I found both rifles shot the 400/410s MOA or better from around 2350 to over 2600.
The only change I made was to put a limbsaver recoil pad on both rifles with 1.5x5 Leupolds.
The current one will stay with me as long as I can shoot it. It's a keeper.
I also had one in 375 h&h with the barrel band. It is a shooter too. A close friend now has that one. He shot it a few times and liked it so much he talked me out of it. Got a nice griz on his first outing with it.

I would like to find a nice one in 30-06 though. :-)

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
A?? A forum is that you Forum and Talk without thought there would be no FORUM and with people like you There DEFF would be no Forums! Do you have a Ruger Rigby?>>> I think NOT >>you have just come to BITCH!! Enjoy your sad LIFE!

No Suh! I ain't got a Ruger. Mine is an old 1917 Enfield.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
It is scratched up since these photos. The briars are rough around here going after our huge squirrel population. Don't have to skin them though.

Every time you post a picture of one of your guns, I instantly get jealous. Nice looking rig...

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If you look at this rifle it as a custom should cost 10,000 BUCKS!

The M77 Mark II RSM (Ruger Safari Magnum) was a $1,200 gun new. It was also offered in express chambers such as 270 Win., 7mm Rem Mag, 30-06, 300 Win Mag and 338 Win Mag. Most of the cost on the rifles was for the finer circassian walnut stock. 20 years ago or so they were popular in Africa for most going abroad for hunting buffalo due to being inexpensive. The 375 H&H, 416 Rigby, 458 Win Mag and 458 Lott may not be as valuable today as the express chambers, especially 270 Win or 30-06 as they were limited in production. The larger bore RSM today sells for $1,800-$2,600 depending on condition. The express chambers can go for $2,500-$3,200 if in great condition.

ButchLambert1:

Very nice rifle, how is the recoil on that stock? It looks very well designed for its purpose and the wood quality and recoil pad is exceptional. Really like the Enfield action it's a classic. Art Alphin of A-Square fame built his big game rifle business on the M1917-P14 Enfield action with his Hannibal Rifles. That action with some slight mods is considered one of the most advantageous for handling large cartridges such as 500-A-Square and 577 T-Rex.

P
P
Have a Ruger Guide Gun in 416 Ruger. Shoots great, feeds terribly. Sending it back to Ruger, AGAIN😡

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Butch - that 1917 of yours is drop-dead gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the photos.

I've got a 1917 that was first sporterized by Dad after he came home from WWII. He used it mostly for NRA High-Power matches. I learned to shoot with it. Got busy hunting with it 20+ years ago, then suddenly my son needed a "bear rifle" and I was out one cool old 30-06 1917. There went my plans of turning it into a 35 Whelen or 9.3 rifle.

It's not as beautiful as your rifle. It's not a big bore. But it's a great hunting rifle.

Thanks for posting those photos.

Regards, Guy

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I didn't have a .404 Jeffery, I would probably have a .416. It seems like one of the all-around most useful of the .40+ inch cartridges.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I still have not read>:> anyone out there with a >>Ruger M77 Mk II Magnum Express Rifle .416 Rigby<<>> As scarce as hens teeth?

They weren't very popular. As many have said, the CZ 550 was less expensive and many preferred the action, sights, and barrel.. I liked mine in .416 Rigby but it was a bit heavy for my needs. Ultimately, I embarked on building a 416 Ruger on a Mauser 98 action that is so much lighter and livelier. Pictured here under a .375 H&H Whitworth Express. Shoots like a dream.

[Linked Image]

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
A?? A forum is that you Forum and Talk without thought there would be no FORUM and with people like you There DEFF would be no Forums! Do you have a Ruger Rigby?>>> I think NOT >>you have just come to BITCH!! Enjoy your sad LIFE!

Butch(er) has been doing this for over 10-years, on every firearms forum there is. He is a miserable old Texass blowhard that isn't happy unless he is trying to put someone else down - you would think that with all the toys and money he brags about having, he would be out doing something with them instead of being an internet forum a-hole.

Just ignore him and he will go away.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl

Butch(er) has been doing this for over 10-years, on every firearms forum there is. He is a miserable old Texass blowhard that isn't happy unless he is trying to put someone else down - you would think that with all the toys and money he brags about having, he would be out doing something with them instead of being an internet forum a-hole.

Hey young feller, I forgot that I stepped on your dick one time when you were blowing strong on another forum. Beside your Daisy, do you own a firearm?

Last edited by butchlambert1; 03/06/19.
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q

Hey young feller, I forgot that I stepped on your dick one time when you were blowing strong on another forum. Beside your Daisy, do you own a firearm?

When you grow up and go out and buy your self a brain and some class (neither of which you have enough money for), then you can talk to me.

Last edited by Quick_Karl; 03/06/19.

Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mudhen
If I didn't have a .404 Jeffery, I would probably have a .416. It seems like one of the all-around most useful of the .40+ inch cartridges.

Some day I'd like to see your .404, Ben.

I can in return show you my H&H double 500/450 3-1/4" Nitro Express.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

When you grow up and go out and buy your self a brain and some class (neither of which you have enough money for), then you can talk to me.

I sho nuff love to agitate fellers that troll and only own a Daisy. Did you ever learn how to turn your Atlas lathe on? When did you look at my bank accounts?

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. – Mark Twain”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Don't know either Ranting or Butch personally. But from their posts I can deduce that Butch is a gentlemen who likes fine custom firearms. I have never known him to brag (except about his grandson). Ranting has chosen an apt handle. He rants nonsensical drivel. A screw may be loose? By interjecting into this thread and unwarrantly attacking Butch, acting all childish, siding with Ranting, causes me to question your maturity and sanity.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by AB2506

Don't know either Ranting or Butch personally. But from their posts I can deduce that Butch is a gentlemen who likes fine custom firearms. I have never known him to brag (except about his grandson). Ranting has chosen an apt handle. He rants nonsensical drivel. A screw may be loose? By interjecting into this thread and unwarrantly attacking Butch, acting all childish, siding with Ranting, causes me to question your maturity and sanity.

Agreed, but I didn't even consider Butch to be bragging when he was talking about his grandson who was kicking for WVU a few years ago. That was pretty much justifiable pride to me. Ranting, please consider leaving us alone until you've grown up enough to contribute here without being so annoying.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (35, 406_SBC, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 41rem, 16penny, 8 invisible), 1,653 guests, and 920 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,109
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.