-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 32 33
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here’s my Blued Redhawk...Not ever going to part with it. It’s a joy to shoot paper and steel. Not my huckleberry for saving my ass in a tight spot...”Sometimes a man has to know his limitations.” Tossed you a softball Gerbil Boy. 😎

[Linked Image]

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A Fence Hopping Window Licker,can only "know" so much. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Laughing!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Here’s my Blued Redhawk...Not ever going to part with it. It’s a joy to shoot paper and steel. Not my huckleberry for saving my ass in a tight spot...”Sometimes a man has to know his limitations.” Tossed you a softball Gerbil Boy. 😎

[Linked Image]

I carried a 45LC Redhawk quite a bit in a Ringler chest rig.

The Ringler works well with a pack and binos.

[Linked Image]

It's also easy to use over coats.

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot of power at the press of a trigger for sure...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
10mm good.

Last edited by fredIII; 02/26/19.
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

RmR better.

D
dla Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Big Stick
A Fence Hopping Window Licker,can only "know" so much. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Laughing!............

Why do you keep responding to me with your advanced dementia-patient prose? Your stuff is so weird that I almost miss Deflave......

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Shoots 180 gold dots well.

10 yards top group.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by fredIII; 02/26/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I've seen more than one Bear,at one time and the LAST fhuqking thing I'd want is a Smith 329.

The Grock has 2.5 wheels of ammo in it and is likely to ACTUALLY get fhuqking used for Practice/Fun...which has yet to hurt production.

Hint................
Why is a Smith 329 the last thing you'd want? Have you ever shot a bear with a handgun? If so, what was the handgun? Have you ever deployed a handgun against a bear in defense? If so, what handgun? Thanks in advance.

I've killed more schit than Smallpox...though admittedly,I've never seen a Bear or a Pistole.

Jeezus Gawd you Drooling STUPID Fhuqks are a hoot! Hint.

Congratulations?!?.................
Honest questions, though you evidently took them as insults. I don't follow you and so am not awed by or even aware of your accomplishments. Wish you would have just answered the questions as opposed to hinting.

D
dla Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Good shooting!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've seen more than one Bear,at one time and the LAST fhuqking thing I'd want is a Smith 329.

The Grock has 2.5 wheels of ammo in it and is likely to ACTUALLY get fhuqking used for Practice/Fun...which has yet to hurt production.

Hint................
Why is a Smith 329 the last thing you'd want? Have you ever shot a bear with a handgun? If so, what was the handgun? Have you ever deployed a handgun against a bear in defense? If so, what handgun? Thanks in advance.

I've killed more schit than Smallpox...though admittedly,I've never seen a Bear or a Pistole.

Honest questions, though you evidently took them as insults. I don't follow you and so am not awed by or even aware of your accomplishments. Wish you would have just answered the questions as opposed to hinting.

ALL that you do not know,is certainly not my fault or problem and squarely upon your narrow shoulders alone. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your Stupidity is hardly insulting to me,but should be to you. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...……………..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I went to a glock 20 maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Started with a gen 4 but the gun I had jammed all the time even with 3 different factory loads. I called glock and they pretty much said your lying, our guns don't jam. Dealer took it back towards a gen 3 SF. I've had better luck with it but still jams fairly often.

I've tried different springs, mags, and barrels. I'm going to try heavier mag springs next. The nose of the bullet sometimes catches on the front of the mag, nose down a bit. I just bump the slide back a bit and the tip pops up and goes to chamber. I'd like to get the reliability up because I like the 10 mm round and 15 in the mag.

I just bought an XDm10 and hope it works well. If its reliable I'll gladly carry it. Until I get a 10 that is very reliable I'll probably carry my 329 while bow hunting. I usually carry 200g xtps at 1150 in my 10. In my 329 it's either 310 flat nose gc, 300 xtp, or 270 gold dot all at around 1200.

Bb

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Burleyboy, no offense or insult intended at all, just a suggestion - assuming you've tried different mags, try gripping that Glock a lot harder than whatever you're doing now. Damaged/worn out magazines or a soft loose grip are the only ways I've seen a Glock consistently do what you describe. If you have fairly thick fleshy hands, you might have to bear down harder than other people.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
This thread is in keeping with just how fugking stupid dla is.

This.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Pistols are cheaper and easier to get going with. Whether a high power revolver is better is beside the point for most people.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Hint................

ALL that you do not know,is certainly not my fault or problem and squarely upon your narrow shoulders alone. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your Stupidity is hardly insulting to me,but should be to you. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...……………..
Sorry for embarrassing you by asking you questions you had no answers for. Evidently your experience exceeds your intellect. Hope this helps.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Yondering
Burleyboy, no offense or insult intended at all, just a suggestion - assuming you've tried different mags, try gripping that Glock a lot harder than whatever you're doing now. Damaged/worn out magazines or a soft loose grip are the only ways I've seen a Glock consistently do what you describe. If you have fairly thick fleshy hands, you might have to bear down harder than other people.

Sign me up for the contraption roulette....the last thing I'd want is consistent inconsistency. Next would be inconsistent consistency...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I went to a glock 20 maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Started with a gen 4 but the gun I had jammed all the time even with 3 different factory loads. I called glock and they pretty much said your lying, our guns don't jam. Dealer took it back towards a gen 3 SF. I've had better luck with it but still jams fairly often.

I've tried different springs, mags, and barrels. I'm going to try heavier mag springs next. The nose of the bullet sometimes catches on the front of the mag, nose down a bit. I just bump the slide back a bit and the tip pops up and goes to chamber. I'd like to get the reliability up because I like the 10 mm round and 15 in the mag.

I just bought an XDm10 and hope it works well. If its reliable I'll gladly carry it. Until I get a 10 that is very reliable I'll probably carry my 329 while bow hunting. I usually carry 200g xtps at 1150 in my 10. In my 329 it's either 310 flat nose gc, 300 xtp, or 270 gold dot all at around 1200.

Bb
I'm not a Glock fan. That said, I've owned two different model 20's dating back to the early nineties. Neither showed any signs of unreliability though I can't say I put thousands of rounds through either. I've never heard of model 20's being unreliable either. Mine fed everything including my reloads, just fine. In fact, I got the second Glock a few years back and fed it reloads from the first one. They had to have been at least twenty years old. Not a hitch. There is always a bad one though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Yondering
If I have to worry about my grip on a weapon in order to force it to be reliable, I want another weapon. Gripping the gun for accuracy, etc. is enough to think about without having to worry about whether or not the danged thing will fire or jam due to grip.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never thought the simple act of making a Glock go bang every time could be orchestrated into a mystery...…...

Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

265 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 22 invisible), 1,724 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,985
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.