Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Soft, hard or medium boiled, with or without tuna, mayo, valentinos and dill relish, fried any style, scrambled any way or poached or deviled.

Microwaved?

Ever try it

Spray a ramekin or cereal bowl with nonstick
Crack an egg in the container.
Stir it up, season however you want.
Nuke it 45 seconds plus what it takes.
It will puff way up, but will fall as soon as the microwave stops.
Makes a nice puffy puck for a sammie on a bun.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Cooked sausage with dices onions and green peppers, then throw in some diced mushrooms, then dump in the beaten eggs and cover with grated cheese. Cook it all together.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If ordering in a restaurant, I order over medium. Used to order over easy, but most will bring them with runny whites. I like runny yellow, not runny whites. And usually bacon, and biscuits and gravy. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kid0917
Lazy, with onions, pepperoncinis, and Cholula sauce.

Pretty much but with some cheese in there and Gringo Bandito instead of Cholula...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Duck eggs are to farm raised eggs what farm raised eggs are to store bought eggs. I normally eat 3 Jumbo eggs for breakfast. I can make do with two duck eggs. As noted above duck eggs are much richer, deeper color, and yolk is thicker. Have a friend who occasionally gives them away when they have too many. Sign me up...

Last edited by Orion2000; 02/26/19.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
My boss has 9 ducks that lay eggs and he usually has a ton of them over the summer. Normally has a big box full of them if people want them. I can eat them for a few days in a row but after a while I want chicken eggs again.

Whats the difference?

The duck eggs are a lot richer. Waaaaaay better for baking than chicken eggs.

There was a store where I used to live where you could buy turkey eggs.

They were great. I could only eat half a dozen at a sitting. As opposed to about 10 chicken eggs. smile

I have gone to eating less eggs at a sitting now in my older years. I'm down to about 8 or 9... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like duck eggs too. Used to raise ducks for the eggs. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
My boss has 9 ducks that lay eggs and he usually has a ton of them over the summer. Normally has a big box full of them if people want them. I can eat them for a few days in a row but after a while I want chicken eggs again.

Whats the difference?

Duck eggs are much larger than chicken eggs. They are a little richer in flavor. The yolks on average are the size of a golf ball. The whites are thicker and pretty much stay put where they land in the pan rather than running all over until the heat catches up to them. Speaking of cooking, because of their size, they need to be cooked a little longer over a lower temperature than chicken eggs to to reach the same level of doneness. If I could choose duck eggs all the time over chicken eggs, I would.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I eat 2-3 over easy with pepper and Frank's Red Hot daily. Used to sop up the yolk with bread or toast but have cut that out. Now I scrap the plate in the dog's food bowl for his breakfast. He comes out to see me as he hears me finishing up. Also love'em hard boiled alone and in egg salad sammiches. No store bought eggs either unless my chickens are on strike and not producing.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As long as they're warmer than when they came out of the chicken, I'm fine. I've never understood this "over easy" nonsense. What does trying to flip them over undamaged add to them? Nothing I can see. That's "pretentious" in my book. I fix them (and order them) just like they show them on the diner menu - sunny up. Lacey edges or a bit runny on top? Fine with me. I fry them in a bit of butter, and as soon as they look done, they are.

But I like them any way they can be cooked. Poached, scrambled, shirred, fried, or boiled (hard or soft). Or in any number of omelet varieties.

BTW, green Tabasco is the snitz on a hard-boiled egg. That's the only place I use the green style, and I much prefer either Crystal or Arizona Gunslinger for everything else.

Tuesday is an "egg day" so as soon as I finish here, it's time to heat a skillet.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
No salmonella runny-easy chit for me

...barf

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
As long as they're warmer than when they came out of the chicken, I'm fine. I've never understood this "over easy" nonsense. What does trying to flip them over undamaged add to them? Nothing I can see. That's "pretentious" in my book. I fix them (and order them) just like they show them on the diner menu - sunny up. Lacey edges or a bit runny on top? Fine with me. I fry them in a bit of butter, and as soon as they look done, they are.

But I like them any way they can be cooked. Poached, scrambled, shirred, fried, or boiled (hard or soft). Or in any number of omelet varieties.

BTW, green Tabasco is the snitz on a hard-boiled egg. That's the only place I use the green style, and I much prefer either Crystal or Arizona Gunslinger for everything else.

Tuesday is an "egg day" so as soon as I finish here, it's time to heat a skillet.

Cooking sunny side up will leave uncooked egg whites on the finished eggs.

Quickly flipping them over cooks the whites and leaves the yolks runny.

It may indeed be "pretentious" ... but that's the way I like them. All the egg whites cooked, and the yolks runny.

ETA: Cooking them sunny side up, and using the spatula to flick hot grease over the top of them accomplishes the same thing with cooking the top. But it can add to the crispy edge thing. I don't do crispy edges on eggs. (Lacy eggs)

Last edited by rockinbbar; 02/26/19.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well.....being the pretentious bastard that I am I eat mine over easy 90% of the time.
I also like em scrambled now and then if I have some tasty left overs that go good with eggs to throw in with them.
Egg salad and pickled eggs are pretty high on my list of lunch treats and spinach quiche is.....ah hell......I like eggs just about anyway I can get them.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Well.....being the pretentious bastard that I am I eat mine over easy 90% of the time.
I also like em scrambled now and then if I have some tasty left overs that go good with eggs to throw in with them.
Egg salad and pickled eggs are pretty high on my list of lunch treats and spinach quiche is.....ah hell......I like eggs just about anyway I can get them.....

There ya go! smile

I sprinkle enough black pepper on top of them that nobody really sees the way us pretentious bastards like our eggs anyway...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Basted - medium

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Sunny side down, but don't turn 'em over." - Three Stooges skit.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

There ya go! smile

I sprinkle enough black pepper on top of them that nobody really sees the way us pretentious bastards like our eggs anyway...

My dad was a black pepper guy but it's Louisiana hot sauce for me Barry. I can't eat a egg that isn't red all over.

Cept when I make my gringo style huevos rancheros.....then it's massive amounts of salsa verde...

Dam.......I'm making myself hungry.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Off to the kitchen. I'm thinking a Spam single, toast, and some "topless look" cackle fruit.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I like mine just fine, thank you.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I like them about anyway ya can make them. Prefer a runny yolk. Lots of pepper.

^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (160user, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 270cowboy, 22250rem, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 1,759 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,133
Posts18,523,175
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.