Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Dead cow me and my brother found when we were kids. He dared me to kick it's ol swelled up belly that was tight as a drum.
Stupid kid I was did it and it blew gut gravy all over me, hair, mouth. Good thing there was a creek near that I jumped in and puked my guts out.
Fun times...…………….

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I usually throw my deer carcasses in my dumpster here at work. Usually during hunting season it's cold enough that they don't get funky before the trash man comes on Wednesday. One year in early bow season, I shot a deer on Friday evening and it was a little warm out. I cut up the deer that night and brought the trash to work the next day. We started to have a real bad heat wave where it was up over 90* everyday. By Wednesday it was getting pretty ripe. I was walking out to the stone yard with a customer and when we walked past the dumpster, the smell about knocked us over. This guy comments and says, "Schit.......man, what the hell you got in there, a dead body or something?" I played dumb and said that I didn't know, but the trash man was coming today.

Hahaha

I used to get my roofing materials from a yard here, I was in there couple times a week. That summer, I was hitting a stocked catfish pond in the afternoons. Next morning, I toss them catfish heads in their dumpster when I got materials for the next job.
I threw about 3 bags of fish heads in there over a week's time. Apparently that 'construction' dumpster wasnt on a regular schedule. It got so ripe, the same thing was said about as your guy. They didnt know I was the culprit. The just said GD, there must be a dead alley cat in that dumpster. I just smiled. It was rough. lol

Cant imagine the poor dumpster guy with all that garbage juice water pouring out on his windshield when he tipped it.

hahaha

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by FishinHank
About the worst I have ever smelled though is a dead whale, wooo weee.

+1 on the dead whale

Left (forgot) a deer liver in a cooler one fall. Came back the next spring . . . .

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I usually throw my deer carcasses in my dumpster here at work. Usually during hunting season it's cold enough that they don't get funky before the trash man comes on Wednesday. One year in early bow season, I shot a deer on Friday evening and it was a little warm out. I cut up the deer that night and brought the trash to work the next day. We started to have a real bad heat wave where it was up over 90* everyday. By Wednesday it was getting pretty ripe. I was walking out to the stone yard with a customer and when we walked past the dumpster, the smell about knocked us over. This guy comments and says, "Schit.......man, what the hell you got in there, a dead body or something?" I played dumb and said that I didn't know, but the trash man was coming today.

Shoulda said: "that's what we do to customers that don't buy from us"!

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
had To make a sewer tie in years ago, opened the manhole. Dead body in the bottom, will never forget that smell or the sight of the poor woman in it.

We had to hire a New laborer to bust hole in brick for new sewer pipe. I couldn’t get any of the hands to get down in there.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Late August in inland So. Cal. Guy was 30 days dead of natural causes in a cab-over pickup camper. The FD popped the door in 103 heat and warm air rushed out!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Washington DC when congress is in session.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Not the worst smell I've smelled, but the all around most disgusting bad smell: lived in an old farm tenant house for a few years. No public water, no well, got runoff from a barn roof to a cistern. I didn't drink it, but I did shower and brush my teeth with it. Start noticing a funny smell when I was showering and brushing my teeth. It had been a dry summer so I knew the cistern must be getting low. Popped the top off it and it was almost empty, with a bloated dead rat floating in it.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
When I was a kid we had laying hens. The stupid chickens would sometimes go rogue and lay a few eggs in a weird spot where you don't find them for months. Us kids threw a few of those old eggs against the outside of the barn, they were green slime when they broke open and splatted on the barn. Damn that was a stink.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I worked my way down to the belly button of a chick once and that's as far as I could go. Good Lord! Wash that damn thing!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I ran a service call on a animal crematory furnace. What they didn’t tell my dispatcher was that it quit halfway through a burn cycle. The fuggin thing was full of half burned dogs. I got the burner working and told my dispatcher that under no circumstance would I ever go back there. I had to shave my stache and beard to get away from the smell.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I worked my way down to the belly button of a chick once and that's as far as I could go. Good Lord! Wash that damn thing!

Skank stank

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have done some stupid stuff and smelled some bad over ripe smells, but the worst by far was stopping by a Democratic Party Caucus...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I found the body of a murdered girl here on my farm. She was pretty ripe, and I pray I'll never have to smell that again.

A friend caught a body on his trolling gear off Kodiak, He had his 6-year-old with him. Said it was the worst experience of his life...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
A friend of mine live trapped a skunk and he managed to get sprayed in the face trying to carry the cage with the skunk in it. lol, I bet that was terrible.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I found the body of a murdered girl here on my farm. She was pretty ripe, and I pray I'll never have to smell that again.

Yeah, that smell is about the worse for me.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Two days ago I walked in the building where I work and followed a homeless dude up the stairs that smelled as bad as anything I've ever smelled before. I could literally smell it on my clothes eight hours later. I can't even describe it, and I've been around a lot of people with piss poor hygiene, dead bodies, rotting carcasses, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dead seal came up in a net. Obviously bloated and rotting.

Dumbazz deck hand grabbed a gaff and ughhhhhhh......

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by northern_dave
A friend of mine live trapped a skunk and he managed to get sprayed in the face trying to carry the cage with the skunk in it. lol, I bet that was terrible.

Got sprayed several times... it is not as horrible as it seems at the time. Running past the mouth of Ugak Bay with a west wind while National Geo was filming a dead whale up in the bay and all the bears climbing on it and rolling in it. It stank the boat up so badly that when we got back to the boat each evening we all started retching all over again!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Another “freezer quit”
I have a freezer in the basement and a gym also.
Several days when I went to work out in the morning, I could smell an awful dead mouse
Couldn’t find the mouse
Finally opened the freezer door
All kinds of meat in it and the shrink wrap packs were al about to explode, some were leaking
And the rotting food was really warm
I have no idea how long the freezer had been dead
Closed it up and hauled to the dump

Interesting, my 91 yo mom has a freezer in her basement that she used when I was a kid, and she has used it continuously since.
I’m 68 yo

Last edited by dale06; 03/08/19.

NRA Patron
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (17Hunter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 163bc, 67 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,434
Posts18,507,636
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.