Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris
Originally Posted by Slider1
I received this today from The Cat Man of Zimbawe!!!

[Linked Image]

Haha...that looks real.....lol

Are you gonna start offering new hunts where we “Spot & Stalk” on these killers? Leave the 375 H&H at home-bring your 7.62 or 5.56 Semi autos and get sum.....😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kidding of course...🤫😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris
Originally Posted by Slider1
I received this today from The Cat Man of Zimbawe!!!

[Linked Image]

Haha...that looks real.....lol

Are you gonna start offering new hunts where we “Spot & Stalk” on these killers? Leave the 375 H&H at home-bring your 7.62 or 5.56 Semi autos and get sum.....😎

Nah, can't get the damn export permits in order.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All of this has been going on for decades.

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been to South Africa 10 times in the past 18 years...most recently in February. Going to Zim in August.

Never an issue to worry about.

Use your head, follow instructions and you will likely be safer than if you were south of 58th Street in Chicago.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Going in 7 days, not afraid, I have hired people who will make sure I don't go where I shouldn't go. It will be a great time.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AB2506
Going in 7 days, not afraid, I have hired people who will make sure I don't go where I shouldn't go. It will be a great time.

Smart!!! have a great trip!!!

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by pete53
after this last big storm and the native problems i see no reason for me now to ever go to Africa now ? i was really hoping to go to Africa since i have now retired,now i have the time and the money but i don`t need these problems either,or be sent back in a pine box either !

Heck, I don't even see a reason to go down to Oakland CA, or even passing thru Atlanta anymore...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
after this last big storm and the native problems i see no reason for me now to ever go to Africa now ? i was really hoping to go to Africa since i have now retired,now i have the time and the money but i don`t need these problems either,or be sent back in a pine box either !

Heck, I don't even see a reason to go down to Oakland CA, or even passing thru Atlanta anymore...

Then don't go. For I'm headed back over for another hunt. I want to spend all my money---the heck with inheritance. Let them earn their money like I had to.
I

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I Threaded about this some time ago>>and Like this forum told me>GO F#CK yourself > That's the way they think on his forum like EH> are the problem> they kill people with no understanding>>YA Right EH>> they would slit your thought!! >stupid people say stupid things and DIE!

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
AAAA>> EH>> https://youtu.be/QlSiMZ34-z4 Enjoy.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
And This Forum is filled with people like EH>>> you think they would care>> not at all>>> they call you a Troll !!! I just can not wait till it comes to their Door!! ARE YOU RAPTURE READY!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
And Tex>> mill are pouring into your state from the south maybe you should stay at home and protect your border??>>NO?>Doesn't even give a DAM!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Its very Intro about the posts on this forum >> no worry at all >>all will be the way it was!! very>>can I say very Intro! NOT~!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Originally Posted by Seafire

Then don't go. For I'm headed back over for another hunt. I want to spend all my money---the heck with inheritance. Let them earn their money like I had to.
I

for myself my daughter and son have always done well ,my grandchildren are special too,i still plan on going to Africa but i will leave inheritance to my family,my reason is white working tax paying people don`t get anything special in life except maybe a little inheritance.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Very thankful for my two trips, and especially the last one when I took my Wife, if politics go to hell in all of Africa and I never get to go again i'll always have those most fond memories.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by EdM
I was hunting buffalo in Zimbabwe in 2017 just as the Mugabe "outster' was starting. A trip into Vic Falls for supplies found no butter, cooking oil, etc. No US dollars either. In the end, it was a great hunt. Forward to 2019 with a buffalo, roan, etc., hunt in Burkino Faso I booked in 2017. I received an email from my booking agent late 2018 that they were shutting down hunting due to Jihadist moving that way. I requested a refund of my deposit and a couple of months later received another email learning that the camp I was to stay in was burned and destroyed. Certainly there is geopolitical risk hunting hunting there.

I hear you Ed...I was in Namibia in 1987 when they were " struggling for independence..." and Mandelas ANC blew up my car and my motel....Fast forward to 2000 and I was in Zim when Mugabe sent his boy out with notice that they were seizing the land we were on....

Ingwe, I’m glad I wasn’t with you..😉. But, in Namibia in ‘07, at the place you and Mule Deer recommenced, while I had a good time and met some fine folks from the RSA who happened there at the same time, I sensed strong resentment from our young driver and “scout.” Our PH was paternalistic toward “his” blacks but certainly a strict segregationist, even in the eating of lunch off the tailgate of his Toyota.

Of course, as I’ve seen in other parts of Africa, houses of whites in Windhoek were compounds with security wire and cameras. Apparently, they had to be.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had conversations with white farmers in RSA as early as 2001. The murders of white farmers were going on back then and still are. Like anywhere else, some places are safer than others. You won't catch me in downtown Jo'berg. In the bush, I've never felt threatened by the violence. I was more alert to the snakes!!

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Fast forward to 2000 and I was in Zim when Mugabe sent his boy out with notice that they were seizing the land we were on....

I was in Zim a bit before you were. It was scary when the "war veterans" came en mass into the camp one day. With machetes. Probably 50 of them.

I recall telling the PH that if anyone touched my wife, I had 100 rounds of 308 and would use them all.

There were no good choices that day.

It was touch and go for a while, then they left.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I found myself in the middle of an arrest of armed poachers in Tanzania. The poachers were refusing to disarm. That was a little spooky too.

One should always have their alert levels set on high - especially when abroad.

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (160user, 007FJ, 204guy, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,073
Posts18,482,628
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.