Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by joken2

Wonder if / how this affects carrying in reciprocity states that still require formal CCDW permits?

I'm pretty sure it won't change the fact that you still need a CCW to carry in another state which grants reciprocity.

What I suspect too.

Also, wondering if this means that KY will (or soon will) no longer even issue CCDW permits, period?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
lol,..Bevin said that anybody who doesn't like it can move.

Classic!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

That's number 16. We are effectively at CC in a third of the states.

Uhhhh??????

57/3=19

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Wonder if / how this affects carrying in reciprocity states that still require formal CCDW permits?

In order to avail yourself of formal reciprocity you must have a CCW from one of the conforming states. There are some states like AK where anybody may already carry concealed without a permit.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sounds like freedom to me.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O

I'm pretty sure it won't change the fact that you still need a CCW to carry in another state which grants reciprocity.

What I suspect too.

Also, wondering if this means that KY will (or soon will) no longer even issue CCDW permits, period?

The article that I read indicated that KY will continue to issue CCDW permits specifically to allow Kentuckians the opportunity of carry in other states with CCDW reciprocity. Third of fourth paragraph down in attached article.

Kentucky Today Article

Last edited by Orion2000; 03/02/19.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Sounds like freedom to me.

Welcome aboard Comrade! cool

Trump Won!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Good news .... Texas needs to go now!

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
lol,..Bevin said that anybody who doesn't like it can move.

I wish more politicians would take this approach. There are plenty of liberal enclaves. They can all congregate there.

And if that isn't good enough, go to Canaduh.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome to the club my Appalachian-American cousins. laugh

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Signed into law, and cops KEEP bitching about it:

https://www.wlky.com/article/kentucky-is-16th-state-to-sign-constitutional-carry-law/26801276

March 12, 2019

Kentucky is now the 16th state to pass a constitutional carry law. But several groups, including law enforcement members, say it's a dangerous move.

Senate bill 150, which Governor Matt Bevin signed into law Monday, allows gun owners to carry a concealed weapon without a permit.

At Openrange in Crestwood, it takes 7 hours and $85 to get a concealed carry permit. But as of Monday, gun owners legally won't need to do any of that to carry their concealed weapon in Kentucky.

"This is a constitutional right that we have been given and that has existed for 200 and some odd years and the responsible people can handle it just fine," said Bevin.

An NRA spokesperson said the law is "a common sense measure that allows law-abiding citizens to exercise their fundamental right of self-protection in the manner that best suits their needs."

But several law enforcement groups say the issue isn't about rights, but safety.

"To me, the biggest takeaway is that people that are allowed to carry these guns now, don't have the proper training or how to interact with police if they are approached, it's a safety issue for us," said St. Matthews Police Chief Barry Wilkerson.

He said the new law can be dangerous for a person carrying a concealed weapon without any training.

"I relate it to basically driving a vehicle, would you stick a 16-year-old in a vehicle without any training," asked Wilkerson.

A spokesperson for Kentucky's Fraternal Order of Police said their biggest concern is that gun owners can now miss out on training that teaches them how to interact with law enforcement.

"Part of that concealed carry class are blocks of instruction on the law, as well as safety with the firearm, how to clean your gun, those kind of things," said Drew Fox, Fraternal Order of Police.

Governor Bevin said he hopes gun owners will still go through training. And you are still encouraged to get a permit, if you want to be compliant other concealed carry states.

//////////////////////////////////////

St. Matthews Police Chief Barry Wilkerson and the FOP are welcome to hold FREE classes on concealed/open carry and brief students on current law if armed citizens bother them that much. They need to put their money where their mouths are.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
St. Matthews is a suburb of Louisville. That's all you need to know about that.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Might be interesting to see which way the winds blow regarding legal and civil defense issues of constitutional carry after a non CCDW holder shoots someone claiming self defense.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Great news Kentucky cool I hope Texas can get this done while we’re still able.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The main LEO groups that complain are from the few liberal bastions in the state. Every state has some political hack LEOs that the media runs to every time they want viewers to think ALL police are against it. I'm proud of Gov. Bevin for having the balls to sign it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Great news Kentucky cool I hope Texas can get this done while we’re still able.
hear hear

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This pretty much says all that needs to be said . . . "This is a constitutional right that we have been given and that has existed for 200 and some odd years and the responsible people can handle it just fine," said Bevin.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"To me, the biggest takeaway is that people that are allowed to carry these guns now, don't have the proper training or how to interact with police if they are approached, it's a safety issue for us," said St. Matthews Police Chief Barry Wilkerson. or how to deal with police when approached?

Doesn't this dumb ass know that none of the punks and thugs who are carrying illegal now give one hoot about training. In Oklahoma, the only important requirement for legal concealed carry is to inform any policeman, who might approach you in an official capacity, that you are carrying. Very simple.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
"To me, the biggest takeaway is that people that are allowed to carry these guns now, don't have the proper training or how to interact with police if they are approached, it's a safety issue for us," said St. Matthews Police Chief Barry Wilkerson. or how to deal with police when approached?

Doesn't this dumb ass know that none of the punks and thugs who are carrying illegal now give one hoot about training. In Oklahoma, the only important requirement for legal concealed carry is to inform any policeman, who might approach you in an official capacity, that you are carrying. Very simple.
"Allowed". He has no knowledge whatsoever of the Constitution and its meanings and implications. Rights aren't "given" by anybody but God. The Constitution allows nothing, but recognizes everything.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,666
Posts18,493,690
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.