Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
https://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/pestcontrol_specialty.aspx
Smaller the shot size the better. Notice the 9mm, #12 shot and works very well.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
CCI is also making these with #4 shot in certain chamberings. 9x19, 38Sp/357, 44Sp/Mag, & 45Colt.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
I ineed some of those. In case I am ever charged by a snake. I could give them rapid fire and lay down a hail of shot that would be destructioning destruction to a crafty serpent bent on chasing me down and jumping on me and fanging me to death.

ATENTION, ATTENTION ARE THERE ANY EXPERTS HERE ON SHOOTING CHARGING SNAKES WITH SHOT CARTRIDGES?

At least it wont be a tired subject that has a never ending plot.

Not long after I bought my S&W Mod 29 (complete with presentation case), I saw a small rattle snake crossing a hard packed road. I grabbed my revolver, jumped out of the truck and advanced on the snake. After carefully aiming at the coiled up snake, at a distance of about 8 ft, I pulled the trigger! The 44 mag hollow point bullet over penetrated the snake, striking the hard packed road, which erupted into a small crater. In the process of this, the eruption caused the snake to be picked up and flung at me, striking me in the legs. This caused an immediate high stepping dance to take place in the middle of the hard packed road, along with a lot of yelling and unkind words, all while trying to hang onto my new S&W Mod 29. Made note to myself in the aftermath to get some 44 Mag shotshells, for dispatching snakes in the future.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
anyone tried to make some?

Originally Posted by m1rifleman
anyone tried to make some?

Back in the 1980s I used to make them for .44 Special. I’d seal them with warm wax. I’d warm up wax in a tray, and turn the tray upside down and cookie cutter each round with a wax plug, after charging them. Worked pretty good.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If you would had stayed in the truck and kept going you wouldn't have had the life altering experience and the mental anguish of knowing how you looked doing the Texas Two Step while nearly soiling yourself and thinking I AM THE GREAT SNAKE HUNTER.

Originally Posted by Allen917
I ineed some of those. In case I am ever charged by a snake. I could give them rapid fire and lay down a hail of shot that would be destructioning destruction to a crafty serpent bent on chasing me down and jumping on me and fanging me to death.

ATENTION, ATTENTION ARE THERE ANY EXPERTS HERE ON SHOOTING CHARGING SNAKES WITH SHOT CARTRIDGES?

Not long after I bought my S&W Mod 29 (complete with presentation case), I saw a small rattle snake crossing a hard packed road. I grabbed my revolver, jumped out of the truck and advanced on the snake. After carefully aiming at the coiled up snake, at a distance of about 8 ft, I pulled the trigger! The 44 mag hollow point bullet over penetrated the snake, striking the hard packed road, which erupted into a small crater. In the process of this, the eruption caused the snake to be picked up and flung at me, striking me in the legs. This caused an immediate high stepping dance to take place in the middle of the hard packed road, along with a lot of yelling and unkind words, all while trying to hang onto my new S&W Mod 29. Made note to myself in the aftermath to get some 44 Mag shotshells, for dispatching snakes in the future.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I used to buy them in 44 and shoot starlings with a Super Blackhawk as they were flying in between the barns

Yeah, I used to buy the 44 & 357 Speer capsules and load them with #8 or 9 shot, shot one gopher and few bumblebees with them. Not one of the wimpy gophers up North, one of the monsters we have down here. Good thing he didn't charge.😂

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Somewhere in my shop I have a couple of 45 shot shells issued to the Army Air Core crews in WWII for shooting fish if they were downed over water and floating around in a life raft. Big red cardboard round nost long enough they had to be single fed into the chamber.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Funny thing is you talk like snakes don't charge. Like it's a joke. You don't have much experience with Rattlers.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I used to shoot Rattlers with a .25 auto. It did the job but I'd rather try some of these.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Yes they do. They will chase you down and attack. They can move about 46 miles an hour over a hundred yards.

Originally Posted by moosemike

Funny thing is you talk like snakes don't charge. Like it's a joke. You don't have much experience with Rattlers.

HE MENTORS ME.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I actually did shoot a charging rattler about 25 years ago. Came around the corner on a narrow trail on the backside of Mingus Mountain and almost stepped on it, and it came on while I backpedaled. Had a 29 carried strongside with 2 CCI shotshells up first - drew and punched at ol' Jake while rolling through DA, shot charge took him amidships. He started flipping around while I squeezed off #2 single action with the sights for the anchor shot.

I've run across a lot of rattlesnakes over the years and that was the only one to ever force my hand.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They'll come for you if they're good and aggravated. Copperheads and Cottonmouths will too.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've always been of the kind that it's just wise to kill any rattler I come across

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
We are now going have to have a thread: " What Load For Charging Snakes?"
That will probably be good for 50 to 100 posts with pictures included of vicious vipers both alive and deceased with both photos of victims that did not stop the charge quick enough along with photos of the victorious shooters posing with the deceased unlucky evil vipers as the shootees.

HE MENTORS ME.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good idea, thanks. I want to see dead cottonmouths and coral snakes. I didn't take any pictures, too busy savoring the sweet nectar of victory over the low evil ones. Don't get too close with the pistola shot shells, let'em spread a bit to cover the coil.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Allen917

Thanks for the laughs, Allen!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I make my own 38's with Speer shot capsules. But 5 shots in a S&W model 60 isn't good on the ears.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,767
Posts18,495,660
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.