W
Was just curious what everyone’s thoughts/reviews on these scopes would be

What’s better than a big buck......????
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just contact Doug at Cameraland and buy one!

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I only have four and all are 3X9 but I am a fan. An excellent hunting scope for the money.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I own two Meopta meopros that was purchased just last year. I can't comment on the reliability but glass is on par with my Leupold VX3i, great eye relief and perfect for a set it and forget it scope. I have several Zeiss conquest 3-9's that to me are a little better especially in eye relief but were made by Meopta. I don't think you can go wrong with a Meopta meopro for sure.
Depending on your budget the Meostar's have better glass for sure but the price reflects it.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have one Zeiss Conquest which is nothing more than a Meopro 3-9X40. As well as a couple of the Cabelas Euro-instinct scopes. Same scope, they even have Meopta written on them in small print underneath where it can't be seen once mounted. I paid full price, $550 for the Zeiss. Cabelas was closing out their version for $250 a few years ago and I bought 2. Wish I'd bought 2 more at that price.

I can't tell a bit of difference between them and would rate them a noticeable step up from Leupold VX-3.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a few and they are very high quality. Right there with all of the "A" class glass.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They're my go-to in a 3-9x40

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
doug has the 4-14x44 models on sale for $450.00 i believe....money well spent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Waiting to see the Optika 6 line with the DichroTech reticle.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I have an older Cabelas Instinct 3-9x40 that is a Meopro. They are really good scopes for the money. Glass and clarity is top notch.. Adjustments are crisp and reliable. Just get off the fence and call Doug at camera land.

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
IC B3

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
3 or 4 years ago I considered buying a meopta scope because they were 2 times cheaper than the big three, and I asked many gunsmiths that mounted and sighted them, and they all said that they had problems with some of them holding zero, so of course I stayed away from them. After that Meopta released a new model and they are not so cheap any more - maybe they are better quality now but if I'm going to spend 1000$ on the scope, I'll spend additional 100$ and get Swaro,Zeiss, Kahles...-not Meopta. If I want something cheaper I'll go with cheaper Leupolds-it may not be the same optic quality but it will hold zero- and that is what is important to me.

Just my 0,02$

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No issues with any of the Zeiss Conquest MC, Cabelas Instinct, Meopta Meopros I have owned holding zero. Best value if the hunting scope marked in my opinion.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Except most of us ain't talking about $1000.00.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Artemis line is extremely rugged. It's a treat to see these becoming available in the US.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I did purchase one four or five years ago and the one I purchased does not hold zero. I put mine on a 300 Win Mag and it did great all summer long. I took it hunting in Colorado and took it to a range to make sure it was still on zero. First shot was right where I aimed. Second shot was two inches to the right. I thought I just pulled the shot. The third was not on the paper. Both the range manager and a gun smith that was there tried to get that scope back on zero...no way. It was gone. I called Meopta and they said they had no other complaints and I must have done something to it. Thank goodness I always bring a second rifle. When I got home I took it off the rifle and put it in the original box. I called to see if Meopta would fix it but they said to send it back at my cost and they would look at it. (At a cost) I just chalked it up to a bad company and tossed the scope in the bottom of my safe. That said, I have a friend that also has one and he loves it.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by oremi
3 or 4 years ago I considered buying a meopta scope because they were 2 times cheaper than the big three, and I asked many gunsmiths that mounted and sighted them, and they all said that they had problems with some of them holding zero, so of course I stayed away from them. After that Meopta released a new model and they are not so cheap any more - maybe they are better quality now but if I'm going to spend 1000$ on the scope, I'll spend additional 100$ and get Swaro,Zeiss, Kahles...-not Meopta. If I want something cheaper I'll go with cheaper Leupolds-it may not be the same optic quality but it will hold zero- and that is what is important to me.

Just my 0,02$

So you don't own one nor have any personal experience with them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ro1459
I did purchase one four or five years ago and the one I purchased does not hold zero. I put mine on a 300 Win Mag and it did great all summer long. I took it hunting in Colorado and took it to a range to make sure it was still on zero. First shot was right where I aimed. Second shot was two inches to the right. I thought I just pulled the shot. The third was not on the paper. Both the range manager and a gun smith that was there tried to get that scope back on zero...no way. It was gone. I called Meopta and they said they had no other complaints and I must have done something to it. Thank goodness I always bring a second rifle. When I got home I took it off the rifle and put it in the original box. I called to see if Meopta would fix it but they said to send it back at my cost and they would look at it. (At a cost) I just chalked it up to a bad company and tossed the scope in the bottom of my safe. That said, I have a friend that also has one and he loves it.

This sounds nothing like any interaction I've had with Meopta. Are you sure you're talking about the same company? Meopta has repeatedly given me some of the best, it not the best, customer service in the industry. The description in your post has not been my experience whatsoever.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ro1459

I call B.S.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can’t comment on reliability, etc., of Mesopotamia scopes, but I’ve had my eye on a 4.5-14 Meopro, and Doug has them on sale. Unfortunately, about an hour before I saw his sale on them, I got some unexpected news that’s going to cost me $2000+ dollars unexpectedly. Hopefully, I’ll get one soon though.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by kingston
The Artemis line is extremely rugged. It's a treat to see these becoming available in the US.

what are the differences between the
Artemis and meopro scopes?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 75 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,493,969
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.