Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Oh BTW, I've shot the chit out of a couple coyotes over the years here at the farm returning from town with that truck rifle. smile

Trump Won!
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gunner500
Oh BTW, I've shot the chit out of a couple coyotes over the years here at the farm returning from town with that truck rifle. smile

Nothing like “quality” practice with a firearm that may be needed for a far different use! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You bet, have a set of those eye glasses looking ear plugs that ride around my rearview mirror, pop em on and BOOM!!!!! smile

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

👍 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
...the calculus for survival likely is going to depend on a lot of footwork and aggressive initiative...

.....great word smithing Cheyenne.....I'm going to steal that phrase!!

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by memtb
I concur with your friend, I’d figure on 3 per. Which means I’m good for for 6 problems....more than that and I’m SOL and ammo! whistle memtb

I've thought of being injured, running dry on pistol/revolver ammo in some kind of crazy scenario, the only thing that comes to mind is running, limping, hopping, doing the worm, crawling over to my pickup and getting my hands on a AR10/REPR 308 and turning the heat back up. smile

Your in good company there Gunner, the late great Jeff Cooper once said the "purpose of the handgun was to fight your way back to your rifle" I carry a rifle in the truck 24/7/365. MB

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 03/15/19.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
10-4 Bob, i never knew Jeff Cooper, do know I can damn sure hit better with a long gun, as can most others I bet.

Trump Won!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The unknown, it's what has me practicing with a 15+1 40 S&W, and 13+1 45 ACP, been looking at a flat earth SD in 9mm today, it's 19+1.

Perfect answer, no one can predict the nature of your gunfight. Worse case planning is useful in preparing to save your life. No one has, after the fight, said " I brought too much ammo, gun or skill".

Function always rules and reliability is my 1st priority. I always carry a G19 and a spare mag of 17 rounds. I can conceal it, and it is large enough to get a solid grip and shooting platform for fast presentation and well placed shots. It is ugly and doesn't fit my hands but regular focused practice makes it and me effective.

Blue, good topic. As a side note, I have done a lot of training w/ some big name trainers and schools. Paul Howe is the best teacher I have ever met and a true force of nature.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I procure mags in mass quantities,numerically label same,shoot THE fhuqk outta them and pitch anything that isn't exemplary.

Also tend to keep good notes.

Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I remember years ago hearing the de-brief of the off duty officer who stopped the mass shooting at the Trolley Square Mall in Salt Lake City. He was carrying a Kimber 1911 with only the 8-round magazine he had in the pistol. He said it was the worst feeling of his life knowing that was all he had.

Fortunately, it worked out okay, but a good lesson to carry a reload (or two) no matter what pistol you're carrying.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I remember years ago hearing the de-brief of the off duty officer who stopped the mass shooting at the Trolley Square Mall in Salt Lake City. He was carrying a Kimber 1911 with only the 8-round magazine he had in the pistol. He said it was the worst feeling of his life knowing that was all he had.

Fortunately, it worked out okay, but a good lesson to carry a reload (or two) no matter what pistol you're carrying.

Fortunately, it's about the easiest thing in the world to carry a spare 1911 mag.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just as a side note, that dude went from hero to zero in just a short time. Ended up getting convicted for having sex with an under age girl.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/705298777/Ex-officer-gets-90-days-in-jail.html

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
... He was carrying a Kimber 1911 with only the 8-round magazine he had in the pistol. He said it was the worst feeling of his life knowing that was all he had.

... but a good lesson to carry a reload (or two) no matter what pistol you're carrying.

I didn't invent the quote, but it's one of my favorites: No man in a gunfight wishes he had a smaller gun and fewer bullets.

I love the 1911. Love it. The way it looks, feels, its history. I shoot it well. But...the 8 round capacity in the face of how effective 9mm ammo has become, has me carrying a G19 most of the time.

I don't have a "magic" number as far as minimum mag capacity, but I do believe "more is better." Between two guns of the same size, when loaded up, it's hard to justify the one that weighs more but provides half the number of rounds.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I tend to load mags,to their relative capacities.

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I carry to take care of myself.

Six rounds in the A zone @ 7yds in 10 seconds or less. From the holster.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I mostly carry eighteen on board my Glock 17, with no spare on my person (spare is in the glove compartment, and stashed at the house), unless I have reason to think there's an elevated risk level, in which case I stick a spare in my pants pocket. On rare occasions when I carry the Glock 43 instead, then I always carry a spare seven round mag.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Waders
... He was carrying a Kimber 1911 with only the 8-round magazine he had in the pistol. He said it was the worst feeling of his life knowing that was all he had.

... but a good lesson to carry a reload (or two) no matter what pistol you're carrying.

I didn't invent the quote, but it's one of my favorites: No man in a gunfight wishes he had a smaller gun and fewer bullets.

I love the 1911. Love it. The way it looks, feels, its history. I shoot it well. But...the 8 round capacity in the face of how effective 9mm ammo has become, has me carrying a G19 most of the time.

I don't have a "magic" number as far as minimum mag capacity, but I do believe "more is better." Between two guns of the same size, when loaded up, it's hard to justify the one that weighs more but provides half the number of rounds.

This.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Just as a side note, that dude went from hero to zero in just a short time. Ended up getting convicted for having sex with an under age girl.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/705298777/Ex-officer-gets-90-days-in-jail.html

i remember us discussing this mall shooting.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by deflave
I carry to take care of myself.

Six rounds in the A zone @ 7yds in 10 seconds or less. From the holster.

10 second Bill Drill, awesomegrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No it isn't at all. But I think when you're talkin' LCP size guns and they way their concealed it's plenty realistic.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (1234, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 13,518 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,116
Posts18,542,177
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.