Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This is what I received from Nosler.

POP: To answer some of the questions, firstly it's not an all copper bullet like some of the competition's lead free bullets so it doesn't share the characteristics, like snapping the petals at a high velocity. That also means it doesn't foul like an all copper bullet, the accuracy is amazing. I saw the results just two days ago, I'll post when I can.

I'm just waiting for a call back on the price so I can give you a ballpark figure.

I'll keep you posted.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Nosler's E-tip will already be slippery enough if not more than the TSX, and does not need grooves to enhance it's performance.

It sure cant be any longer than the already "long" TSX.

Sounds like copper prices will dictate the cost of these bullets and copper is expensive.

Last edited by SU35; 04/12/07.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'd like to see them on the factory 2nds list....

POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Update!

POP:

Just got some more info for you.

Pricing: It will be slightly more than Partition. (that's a lot less than MRX)

Availability: Ammunition through Winchester will be first and it will be available prior to hunting season. Bullets will be available fourth quarter of this year.

That's all I got right at this second. I'll be changing the website off and on all day.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Pricing: It will be slightly more than Partition. (that's a lot less than MRX)

Yes, but it's still around $40 more per hundred than the lead cored 168 Nosler I shoot for fun and practice. That's what gives me the sinking feeling about going lead free.

mathman

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First the E-TIP, and if they keep going down the alphabet, they'll eventually get to the Q-TIP!! It's only a matter of time.

I presume the E-TIPs will come with a warning not to use them in the ear. Can't be too careful.

The joking aside, I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Pop, will the new Nosler reloading manual have E-TIP data, and is that why it was delayed until this summer?

Steve

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was looking for a non lead bullet that had a protected meplat so that the mono hollow point would not fold in. Lapua or someone? has a 'Naturalis' bullet like that but its a round nose last I looked.

It mentions guilding metal as it's "metal frame". If its all 95-5 then it will have a little less density than copper.

In any case it seems that we are faced with non lead bullets down the road sooner or later.

I have a dresser drawer over filled with .30 caliber bullets alone along with lots of molds for casting! frown

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
They might as well name them the C-Note bullet. You know, a Saturday at the range = a C-Note worth of bullets.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The price of scrap metals is far above what it was only a few years ago. Metals recovery from outdoor ranges is down the road?

Our range now has a regulation that all shots go through targets in certain places only and the bullets impact particular berms.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too bad we can't generate good bullets from empty beer cans. Coors Core-lokts and Busch Ballistic Tips. Talk about vertically integrated!

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Pop how do these new E-Tips compare in performance with the SMK's on game performance?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You hate me don't you? grin sick grin

No seriously. I was told they did a "tester" boar hunt with these last week.

They were fired at all types of velocities and they performed in a stellar manner. Trying to retrieve one was a chore. The guilding metal mix makes these more flexible in their performance so they expand massively and penetrate like crazy. Additionally I have had reports thet they shoot very very accurately. I would not be surprized if they match the BT's !!!

So to answer the question they expand, penetrate and are a very acurate bullet. As far as comparing them to a Matchking.................
I do not know how to finish this sentence. smirk

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
LMAO............... laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I knew you would! I was actually expecting the SMK to pop up!

ha ha ha

Last edited by POP; 04/12/07.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
POP,

When I visited the plant in Bend last Fall, they told me they were working the plant at pretty much full capacity. Did they add more capacity or did they cut back production on something else?

Jaywalker

POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am thinking the latter although I am not 100% sure. I will ask for you though.

Man! Bt's Et's, PT's SB's...etc a lot on their plate.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'd have to admit that I am a Barnes TSX fan but that looks like a better design. And if they are cheaper....even by a little bit, WOW!?!

I think the lead free movement might be possibly a better idea than most would think. I think there is a definate factor of making people concentrate on their hobby of shooting because there is no room in the pocket book for "throwing lead" anymore.

Now, here's the real question. Lets say these catch on the same or better than Barnes.

How long until the Partition and everything else is canceled?

-Everyone has a dream hunt, mine just happens to be for a Moose-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry Magnum61, I disagree on your "throwing lead" idea. I think people are too fat in general, so we should raise food prices significantly and make them think twice about that extra slice of pizza. Right.......

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Awesome!

Nosler quality and consistency... I'll give them a try!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll try them too. I suspect we may see some other monolithic bullets from some other bullet manufacturers soon enough as well.

I think this is a good move by Nosler, and I BET they'll shoot!

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 1800topsoil, 64 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,126
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.