Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That sly dog...............

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

A few sources for Copper boolits could drive the price down, at least a little. This would be a good thang!

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ballistic Tip, E - Tip, next they will come out with a Reservoir Tip, for a most satisfying experience. Now that I think about it, the TSX is ribbed, the XLC is lubricated, and all are available in Magnum sizes. Maybe I am on to something here?

Watch for novelty bullets that glow in the dark or special coatings to make your bullets stay harder for longer. You can find them in the men's room wall dispenser at your local Cabela's.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Commercially, Nosler will kick Barnes azz with this, big time.

I'll buy Nosler over Barnes any day of the week......assuming it DOES work.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, at least we'll have another choice in lead free out here in the PRK when they legislate that in.

God help my kids.

"Doing right isn't always easy but it is always right."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
The lead free movement is relentless with the greenies such as the Sierra Club, etc.. Not to mention those of similar ilk that are managers and policy makers in USFS, US. Dept. of Interior and the National Parks.

Could you possibly enlighten us as to who all these policy makers are? I know pretty much all of the policy makers in the US Forest Service, and have never heard a single mention of lead-free bullets for hunting anywhere, anytime.

Some might shoot TSX's for the shock effect grin, but that's about as far as that's likely to go.

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I will have to give these a try I love the accubonds. 180 will work great in my short mag

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
In response to some of the comments replying back to mine. I think they are at least valid.

A lot of products in other markets are getting cannibalized by newer and updated versions of themselves. But when you have a company like Nosler that has been "the" standard in a premium lead design for so many years and now after the Nosler Partition Gold, bringing back the solid base, and then the accubond, it seems funny that now they bring out a monoholic design.

It seems like they threw up there hands and said, "ok, we give, now lets make this design better, our way."

I respect that, it's a good business move.

I wonder when we finally lose lead projectiles, if they could make a partition out of something like tungsten or similar products.

And to reply to the comment about a "better design." My personal feeling has always been that the barnes bullet should be what Nosler has come out with. A plastic tip to help with expansion and a deep hollow point with stronger material so it expands wide but holds together.

JPro- You're right, thats better logic than what I was thinking. Just got caught up in it all.

-Everyone has a dream hunt, mine just happens to be for a Moose-
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Magnum or Pop

Do you know when they are likely to be available for us here in Australia? Also, are there dates for the release of other calibres? I suspect that it would make a great Buffalo bullet for here in Aust, particularly if it was in 338 calibre :-)

I agree, Nosler have established themselves as the benchmark, good luck to them with this new projectile.

LBC

Experience is something you get, just after you needed it.
POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
POP,
Any answer to my question if the E-TIP reloading data will be in the new Nosler loading manual, and if the E-TIP was the reason for the delay in the manual?

I am working on getting all these facts together...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly what IS your relationship w/ Nolser?

Just wondering........& thanks for ALL the info.

MM

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SU35
Looks like Nosler is going for some market share.

Having a high BC, should be in the E-Tip's favor. That's the main reason why I don't use the TSX, it has a very low BC and uses grooves to further slow it down at distance.

Just called Nosler,

The BC is .523, compare that to Barnes .453.

For long distance shooters who use turrets that extra BC can make a real difference.

Which bullet and weight?

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey POP.

I'm a great fan on the 180gr AccuBond in my 30-06, and keen to try these 180gr E-Tips out. Any idea of a release date in Australia?

Still waiting on a 6mm AccuBond projectile for the 243 too!!!!

Regards

Drew

22LR ~ 22H ~ 204 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 7x57mm ~ 338 Win Mag ~ 450/400 NE 3" ~ 12G
Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are claining a BC of .523 for the 180gn, which puts it right up there with the Berger 175 match VLD. Call me suspicious. It will be interesting to see if it really shoots as well as TSX.

168gn TSX at 100 yards. 5 rounds into 0.221 inches.

[Linked Image]

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by muledeer
and have never heard a single mention of lead-free bullets for hunting anywhere, anytime.

Muledeer,
The AZ G&F is recommending the use of unleaded bullets here in AZ particularly for those hunts on the north and south Kaibab, around the Grand Canyon. Fear is that the condors will eat from a gut pile or carcass and ingest lead. Some hunters have received gift certificates good for a box of unleaded factory ammo for their Kaibab hunts, or a notice about their suggested use like I received for a unit 9 elk hunt in 2005. I think there are about 85 condors in AZ near the canyon now. They are periodically captured and tested for lead.

Doug~RR

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Nosler has always shown professionalism in statements with their bullets. When they say a BC is a certain number it's because it is.

Unlike Barnes;
Who for years "claimed" inflated BC's.
Produced a flawed reloading guide.
Made brittle bullets, used flawed materials, at more than a few times.
They can't even put the right bullets in the right box, just read the recent thread here.
Not to mention that skewed video of a bullet hitting some
watered up gel.

I've tested plenty of Barnes bullets in my rifles. The TSX is a heck of an accurate bullet and I actually prefer they lose their petals. I like the grenade effect like a partition, I'm not hung up on picture perfect mushrooms. I think more internal damage is done when the NP and TSX lose their nose. But as stated I don't use them as I use turrets and want a bullet that hits at 2,000 fps minimum at distance. Between the 2 bullets and their BC's, the Nosler gives me another 100 yards. Striking velocity is also higher with a higher BC bullet and that's something the Barnes needs to have to be successful.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was looking for lead free bullets long ago. What happened is that the wife got a piece of lead in her venison right there on the dinner plate. This did not go over well and its been hanging over vension ever since.

The Barnes bullets that were out in the mid 90's did not satisfy me.

Nosler has an excellent reputation.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Exactly what IS your relationship w/ Nolser?

Just wondering........& thanks for ALL the info.

MM

As POP said in his original post in this topic:

Originally Posted by POP
Being a moderator on the nosler website/forums has its perks.

I don't know if POP has other connections with Nosler.

Just trying to be helpful.....
-Bob F.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Actually I wished I worked for them!!!! Dream job from hell and I retire from the USAF in 40 days. Hmmmmm!!

Seriously fellas. All I am is a nosler fan (and Barnes hornady --I hate speer and despise Sierra grin) and I am a non-compensated moderator on the nosler forums. No other connection at all. On my word of honor.

BTW all the stats pix etc are with the Nosler family for the formal unveiling of the e-tip in KC. They will receive the Golden Bullseye (I think that is the name) for John Nosler.

So when everything is back i will report.

Hey you guys knew more and before that the gunwriters did!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
[quote=POP)

Seriously fellas. All I am is a nosler fan (and Barnes hornady --I hate speer and despise Sierra grin) [/quote]

Even the SMK's?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (21, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 27 invisible), 1,767 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,492,998
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.