A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Bill didn't have a Grock.

Hint...................(grin)

I don't think anyone has ever figured out who Bill was or why the fugk he shot everyone six times!

I figured he shot them 6 times because he was carrying a revolver.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I carry to take care of myself.

Six rounds in the A zone @ 7yds in 10 seconds or less. From the holster.

I always figured you were closer to 3 seconds for that drill, but than again, maybe you are? whistle

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/16/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I always figured you were closer to 3 seconds for that drill, but than again, maybe you are? whistle

Sandbaggin' again. laugh

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jwp475
I mostly carry eighteen on board my Glock 17, with no spare on my person (spare is in the glove compartment, and stashed at the house), unless I have reason to think there's an elevated risk level, in which case I stick a spare in my pants pocket. On rare occasions when I carry the Glock 43 instead, then I always carry a spare seven round mag.

P365 is basically equal in size with 13 capability.
Yeah, but it's not a Glock.

I am thankful the P365 does not have a glock trigger and glock's typical accuracy. The P365 shoots rings around any glock I have ever owned, and I don't think the gen 5's are greatly improved, team glock has become team dud. It would be nice but will never happen if they made the p365 in a 40SW, would be a nice hiking pistol. I had a gen3 27 but again typical glock accuracy.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That does it, I'm going to order a Wilson Combat barrel for my G-21, if I can get it as accurate as my P226 40 i'll be a happy man.

Trump Won!
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by jimmyp
The
I mostly carry eighteen on board my Glock 17, with no spare on my person (spare is in the glove compartment, and stashed at the house), unless I have reason to think there's an elevated risk level, in which case I stick a spare in my pants pocket. On rare occasions when I carry the Glock 43 instead, then I always carry a spare seven round mag.

I am thankful the P365 does not have a glock trigger and glock's typical accuracy. The P365 shoots rings around any glock I have ever owned, and I don't think the gen 5's are greatly improved, team glock has become team dud. It would be nice but will never happen if they made the p365 in a 40SW, would be a nice hiking pistol. I had a gen3 27 but again typical glock accuracy.

Accuracy? It is a fighting pistol, reliability is king. Anyone who can't consistently hit inside the 8 ring on a B-27 w/ a Glock of most any denomination at 50 yards needs to spend their money on ammo or classes. Let us know when those P 365s get to about 50% of the rounds fired through Glocks so we can begin to assess their long term, real life reliability. I was issued a 226 for 12 years and shot about 20k rounds/year, the reliability was OK but we had a full time SIG armorer to maintain them.

My 1st Glock was a G23, even in .40 after about 1k rounds my split times improved. My 1st G17 and 19s were like the holy grail.

YMMV. Gunner, after market parts for a Glock are toys, stay w/ OEM for weapons.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Not with an LCP from the holster I'm not.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn, didn't know that, Thanks Mike, kind of disheartening when one shoots groups twice the size as the other, I guess an open baseball glove size group at 20 yards semi-fast fire is okay, I sure like smaller though.

Trump Won!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
If you are grouping that large at 20 yards shooting semi fast, the problem may not be the gun.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by lvmiker
If you are grouping that large at 20 yards shooting semi fast, the problem may not be the gun.

mike r

As I said earlier, my Sig 226 is half that.

Trump Won!
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

mike r

Mike, practiced gripping the M21 last night before bed, and again this morning, problem for me is I cant grip the pistol hard enough with my left hand without squeezing off the side of the left grip, cant get NEAR tremor pressure like Blue said, I need to find my factory box and install the largest back strap, that may give me more area to keep the left thumb/palm area stuck to the pistol.

I ground the finger grooves off the front because my fingers rode on top of the humps.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gunner500
I ground the finger grooves off the front because my fingers rode on top of the humps.

Yeah, they never should have put finger groves on Glocks. Stupid idea, because everybody's hands are different. For me, it's the Glock 19 that puts my pinky right on top of that bottom hump point, rather than in a grove, which is why I don't shoot the 19 near as well as either the 26 or the 17. My fingers all fall naturally in the groves on the 26 and the 17.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
TRH, indeed, I'm hoping the fatter back strap will force more of my right hand back off the grip making more room for my left.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jimmyp
The

I have benched probably a dozen 40-45 glocks at 50 yards and have better than half would keep five rounds of decent ammo in 4-5 inches. The sorry ones will always stay inside six and the better ones will run with anything this side of a match gun. Both these done at 100 with an old G30SF.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Glocks are not particularly easy to shoot well but they are mechanically accurate and their barrels are top quality.

I agree with you on the P365, I'd try one in 40 S&W. But the manufacturers are riding the 9mm Wave and it's impossible to compete in a market flooded with cheap, quality police trade-ins that often come with night sights.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500

mike r

Mike, practiced gripping the M21 last night before bed, and again this morning, problem for me is I cant grip the pistol hard enough with my left hand without squeezing off the side of the left grip, cant get NEAR tremor pressure like Blue said, I need to find my factory box and install the largest back strap, that may give me more area to keep the left thumb/palm area stuck to the pistol.

Well CHIT, back strap change didn't help, i'll stipple the rest of the left grip AND left bottom side of the magazines, if that doesn't keep me stuck to the pistol ISOL.

Trump Won!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Gunner, I have the opposite problem, relatively small hands and a fused Left wrist. My right hand does about 70% of the work. I have done a grip reduction, stippling and relieved a lot of material from the rear of the trigger guard which helps some in getting my right hand higher on the gun. I practice frequently w/ right hand only which requires a tight grip and concentrates on trigger press, not fast but good trigger pull exercise.

My left goes high w/ the thumbs stacked and applies inward pressure as well as some grip. Good luck.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gunner, have you ever tried an M&P .45?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Dang, Thanks again Mike, sounds like you drilled the hell out of a crackhead and jammed your left wrist up right fine, I've identified my problem, the G21's grip is too short, the longer grip on my P226 tacops has enough room at the bottom so as the heel of my left hand can come in from behind and wrap around.

I slowly took the double grip on that Sig so tight my knuckles began to pop, no slip off, I may need to look for a mag extension for that G21.

MOGC, no Sir, never shot or seen an M&P 45.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you ever get around an M&P .45, see if you can get some rounds through it. They have the same grip angle as the 1911 so they feel very natural, dead nuts reliable and very accurate. It may be a striker fired gun thats a natural for you. I have no issues shooting well with Glocks. I've been issued and trained with Glocks through many tens of thousands of rounds and carried them professionally for years. Same for the Sig 226. But I shoot M&P's mo better mo faster. Sometimes we just stumble across something that just... fits. I still have a G19 and a G20. But I now have four M&P guns. Might be worth a look for you.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks MOGC, I'll check them out, have to run up to Ft Smith before the weeks out, i'll get a hand on one.

Trump Won!
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 22magnut, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,911 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,603
Posts18,532,637
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.