OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Maybe next year, boys .....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Much closer than the previous two between them. Two very talented teams.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Kentucky doesn't have any place to put another SEC trophy, anyway

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Two takeaways........when Kentucky jumped out to that 7 point lead, I thought the officials started slowing the game down, which worked to Tennessee's favor. Not blaming the loss on that, but they should have let them play the way they'd been doing.

But, that showed the difference between a young team (Kentucky) and a veteran team (Tennessee). Kentucky had the game won, but couldn't finish, while the Vols didn't quit.

I hope the call the SEC championship game off, as I can't stand Bruce Pearl...and Auburn was the benefit of a no-call in the final seconds, and I don't care for UT either. But, the SEC tourney is not what they're after anyway, it's the NCAA, and I don't think either UK or UT is a threat to win it. Kentucky is too young and Tennessee is overrated.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Go Patriots!!!!!

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Two takeaways........when Kentucky jumped out to that 7 point lead, I thought the officials started slowing the game down, which worked to Tennessee's favor. Not blaming the loss on that, but they should have let them play the way they'd been doing.

But, that showed the difference between a young team (Kentucky) and a veteran team (Tennessee). Kentucky had the game won, but couldn't finish, while the Vols didn't quit.

I hope the call the SEC championship game off, as I can't stand Bruce Pearl...and Auburn was the benefit of a no-call in the final seconds, and I don't care for UT either. But, the SEC tourney is not what they're after anyway, it's the NCAA, and I don't think either UK or UT is a threat to win it. Kentucky is too young and Tennessee is overrated.

James and Bristoe
It ain't the end of the world dudes.

The comet strike missed.

Signed Renegade50

Founder

Society for the prevention of the continuation of basketball
and country and western music.

Last edited by renegade50; 03/16/19.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

The refs were very inconsistent. Both coaches got pissed about how they were calling the game so they started calling every touch on both sides.

I've seen too many games like this.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
JamesJr: I too dislike Bruce Pearl. His lying to the NCAA investigators was bad, but pressuring a few kids to lie also was just too much. If he would have just been an honest and decent person things wouldn't have gotten so out of hand.

I agree Auburn got a huge break with the no call. What a gaffe by the officials. Also I think the officials in the TN game were inconsistent. Allowed rough play in the first half and tightened it up in the second half. Tough to figure out.

However I think both TN and KY can win the overall tournament. I'm hoping TN's team play and calm demeanor will get them past any close calls and KY is just so athletic. I think VA is the one top team that can lose early. They live by the long shots and if they get cold they could be upset.

Go Big Orange -tnscouter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
College referees are totally incompetent. The speed and athleticism of today's college athlete is beyond the capability of these officials. The NCAA needs to change their philosophy of officiating and emphasize, if the official does not clearly see an infraction, then swallow the whistle. Then there needs to be a video review of the game by the NCAA to grade the accuracy of the calls by the officials, so that the really bad ones can be weeded out.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the loss means UK gets put out West as a #2 against Gonzaga I'll take it.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by renegade50
Go Patriots!!!!!

Go get another 34-10 beat down by the Titans again?

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Go Patriots!!!!!

KY always has a young team

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Go Patriots!!!!!

What about dat 51- 3 beatdown in new England about 6 yrs ago.

Let's not talk SUPERBOWLS of course.

I know I know

Patriots cheat this , cheat that

Last game of the year is what counts man.

You know that.

Last edited by renegade50; 03/16/19.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m just fugging with ya. Patriots are royalty of NFL

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Two takeaways........when Kentucky jumped out to that 7 point lead, I thought the officials started slowing the game down, which worked to Tennessee's favor.

I thought the same thing.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Glad to see it. I hate Calipari.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Glad to see it. I hate Calipari.

I don't care for him either. I think he coaches to promote his players as NBA prospects, rather than to win basketball games for Kentucky.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
College referees are totally incompetent. The speed and athleticism of today's college athlete is beyond the capability of these officials. The NCAA needs to change their philosophy of officiating and emphasize, if the official does not clearly see an infraction, then swallow the whistle. Then there needs to be a video review of the game by the NCAA to grade the accuracy of the calls by the officials, so that the really bad ones can be weeded out.

The thing that has really gotten me pizzed about the officiating more than anything else, is how many times they are stopping the games to look at the replays of what they are calling flagrant fouls. Just let them play, for crying out loud, and quit stopping play 3 or 4 times during a game to look for reason to charge someone with a foul. They are taking something away from the game, and trying to make it into something of a game for wussies, by not allowing the players to play. Big guys fighting for position under the basket have always gotten tangled up, and swinging elbows to clear out for a rebound. Unless they actually started exchanging blows with each other, just let them sort it out for themselves.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tnscouter
JamesJr: I too dislike Bruce Pearl. His lying to the NCAA investigators was bad, but pressuring a few kids to lie also was just too much. If he would have just been an honest and decent person things wouldn't have gotten so out of hand.

I agree Auburn got a huge break with the no call. What a gaffe by the officials. Also I think the officials in the TN game were inconsistent. Allowed rough play in the first half and tightened it up in the second half. Tough to figure out.

However I think both TN and KY can win the overall tournament. I'm hoping TN's team play and calm demeanor will get them past any close calls and KY is just so athletic. I think VA is the one top team that can lose early. They live by the long shots and if they get cold they could be upset.

Go Big Orange -tnscouter

I lost a lot of respect for the UT basketball program and it's fans the way they took up for Pearl. Bruce Pearl was a POS before UT hired him, he was one at Tennessee, and he is one in Auburn. He should never have been allowed to coach again after he was fired at UT, but colleges don't care anymore.

Kentucky won't win it because Calipari's main desire is to promote his players as NBA prospects first, and win games second. Also, the Kentucky players have started looking ahead and are more worried about their status in the NBA draft, than winning a championship for UK. I have said for a number of years now, that they will never win another one as long as Calipari is the coach.

I don't see UT winning it either, because they have played a relatively easy schedule, and they've never done well in the NCAA historically. Also, Rick Barnes is a good coach, but he had some great teams at Texas and they all flopped when they got in the Big Dance. I see the same thing happening this year too.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I think you nailed it. That’s what I’ve been saying for years. I’d rather watch average teams play than see college basketball continue to be used as a developmental league for the NBA.

Last edited by IZH27; 03/17/19.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 64 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,434
Posts18,470,811
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.