-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was talking to my bro-in-law just last sun and he had gotten back from his property here in Missouri sat night. He said there was a group of deer in the field sat morning that had 4 bucks that still had their antlers. That’s as late of a drop I’ve heard of. Rio I sure wish I was closely related to you. That’s a gold mine.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
GB1

R
RIO7 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Miles, I'm building my pile back up from when you and Ole Man, Randy, took a pickup load of shed's the last time you were here, got a least another pick up load for you. Rio7

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That is what surprised me when I went out west that sheds were in piles just bleaching in the sun like so much garbage. It is a rare shed in the Midwest that hasn't been gnawed by mice, squirrels, porcupines and according to Leonard Lee Rue lll in his book the Deer of North America, even the deer themselves for the little sheds. I suspect our little stuff need a calcium supplement.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RIO7
Sorry fella's but I get the same offers every time I go to town, Texas, is big but our closest town is small and word gets around that we have good deer and quail hunting here, we get a lot of offer's from people that want to help. Rio7

I'm sure you do. LOL!

Kelly
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by RIO7
[Linked Image]

Found these last year's lock up's last evening while pig hunting. Rio7

Never could figure out why they both just don't get up and walk away when they shed them...

Because it's difficult to leave your own skull behind. If they were fighting when one dropped, it would be different, but they may starve, and will likely die of lack of water before that happens. I've seen video of one buck down and gored, while the victor keeps attacking until there is no further response at all. I've seen video of hunters working to release locked up bucks, with one down and the other trapped and exhausted. If those antlars are not ready to drop, it will not likely happen fast enough to save either deer.
I've posted a deer head that looks part unicorn, because of an extra antler, but if you look close, you will see most of the points broken off by fighting. But the base antlers remain very firmly attached to the skull.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw Ed to many letters shoot the antler off of one to free them. With his pistol. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miles, I'm building my pile back up from when you and Ole Man, Randy, took a pickup load of shed's the last time you were here, got a least another pick up load for you.

Blue, I don't think we will be doing that again. At least not to the person from last time. I will let Randy explain. Although I did eat the best Butterfly Shrimp on that trip that I have ever had. I think we were in Orange, Tx. but not sure. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
Miles, I'm building my pile back up from when you and Ole Man, Randy, took a pickup load of shed's the last time you were here, got a least another pick up load for you.

Blue, I don't think we will be doing that again. At least not to the person from last time. I will let Randy explain. Although I did eat the best Butterfly Shrimp on that trip that I have ever had. I think we were in Orange, Tx. but not sure. miles

You're right about that, Miles. Next time I see Blue, I'll tell him about that fiasco. Never again!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
rio7 do you want to sell any? I need some I can get 5 or 6 in long 1/2 in thick 3/4 in wide straight for knife handles or trade a knife for .these fla deer don't have much to work with

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,567
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.