Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wouldn't be having this discussion if Muslims stayed in Muslim countries and let them kill each other.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
..Firearms ownership is NZ is a privilege not a right,....

Actually CH, that line is often said but it's incorrect. You cannot be refused a firearms licence if you're a person of good character, fit and proper etc. There has to be a lawful reason to be refused.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
..Nope, that some kiwis are dumphucqks.

Obviously and there's plenty of dumphucqk yanks too. They're everywhere or haven't you figured that out yet?

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by zeissman
Most non white immigrants here are wealthy Asians so basically, the Muslims haven't got much of a presence and so far they haven't caused any trouble. Sure, they're only in small numbers here so that may be why. Don't know how many of them are on welfare. Personally, I don't know any, have only ever met a few of them and don't think there are any living in my small forestry town. Knowing my fellow countrymen though, I'm sure most of them aren't too enamoured with the multiculturalism idealism.

With Moslems being only about 1% of your population, I don't think you can accurately assess their effect on crime rates. Even if they committed crimes at a rate quadruple that of whites or even Maoris, would you be able to detect it?

For that matter would you ever find out about it? Does NZ even keep crime stats that break out the Muz population from Euro & Maori?

Not sure if they do Tyrone. Didn't even know we had mosques in this country. Came as a complete surprise to me that there's 60K Muslims here.

I don't follow all the political BS. I have better things to do. I have a good life, go deer hunting and fishing when I feel like it. The missus doesn't chew my butt off much these days except when I do some rifle or fishing reel repairs on the dining room table instead of out in the workshop.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
C
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Guy saw a lot of stuff that hit him deep, and let it get him to where he HAD to do something about it. So he did what he knew to do. Flash in the pan with unintended consequences, no doubt. But after 122 moslem acts of violence in just thirty days, I would suggest we not get our panties in a wad over some fella waxing a mere 50 moslems. There is a war on, and lots of folks don’t even realize they are in it, yet. Every now and then a guy wakes up, and strikes a blow for our side. Having a hard time givin a [bleep] about the moslems, after we have taken so many casualties from them already. As far as killing children, we got plenty of that under our belt, too, so let’s not get all self-righteous now. The Israelis do it a LOT more, and we send them billions a year. 38 billion just this year already.

Quite a few Americans jumped up to slot moslems right after 9/11, went off to do it, some for years, and for admittedly murky causes. We call them heroes. Because the government wanted it. This guy freelanced. Bad move. Governments hate it when you bust their monopoly on force.

This sums things up pretty well. Like it or not, once in a while someone is going to fight back. I still can’t understand the lack of comparable outrage over the atrocities committed by Muslims. One white guy lashes out and the whole world falls apart. Similar acts by a Muslim seem to get nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders. crazy

Probably because the Muzz Horde over the years has conditioned us by their behavior to expect it out of them and regard it as normal while it's an anomaly with non-Muzz.

There are proper ways to fight back. Crazies shooting up mosques in places where Muslims are peacefully coexisting with others is not it.

After 9/11 we killed over 5,000 Taliban fighters in very short order. We put Saddam in the ground, Bin Ladin took one to the chest and one to the head, and somewhere between 30,000 and 50,000 ISIS fighters have died under the leadership of President Trump.

Killing bad Islamofascist is a good thing. Killing innocent Muslims Islamofascists in New Zealand is Evil, and not helpful.

Yeah a lot of good that done us. We are now negotiating with the same Taliban trash that created the environment in Assghanistan that allowed Al Qaeda free a sanctuary and free reign to train, plan and operate from instead of exterminating every last one of them. Who the [bleep] thought it was a good idea to give them a place at the table?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Actually CH, that line is often said but it's incorrect. You cannot be refused a firearms licence if you're a person of good character, fit and proper etc. There has to be a lawful reason to be refused.

So who controls what is lawful?

You still haven't answered my question, How do you feel about the new gun laws promised you?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by 12344mag

You still haven't answered my question, How do you feel about the new gun laws promised you?

The NZ police are given power by parliament to administer the 1983 Arms Act.

As regards any gun law changes. I think there are some areas that need to be updated and changed. For example, if you own a military style semi such as an AR15 that has 30 shot mags you need to have an 'E' endorsement to your standard 'A' category license. Any person of good character can apply for this 'E' endorsement and it will granted provided you pass more robust background and referees checks and the home security (gun safe) meets the requirements. However, if you own a military style semi-auto that only has a magazine capacity of 7 rounds or less then you don't need an 'E' ,just your standard 'A' license. Now here comes the stupid part. Anyone, including a person who doesn't even have a firearms license such as the old lady next door, can go and buy a 30 shot magazine that will fit a AR15 or similar and give it to someone or use it in their standard 'A' category AR 15, SKS, AK 47 or similar.

That is what the twat who shot the mosque up did. He didn't apply for an 'E' endorsement to his standard license, presumably because the background checks are more thorough. He just went and bought several 30 shot mags for his AR15's and taped them together and went to work killing innocent people.

Personally I have no interest in assault rifles only hunting rifles. If the assault rifles are banned then I think we'll get off lightly. As for all semi-autos to be banned. Well that's just plain stupid and I don't think that will happen. There are multitudes of thousands of .22 Ruger 10/22's, Marlin semis and other makes here. Just about every farm has a .22, many a semi-auto, for pest control and for stock euthanasia. Then there are thousands upon thousands of semi-auto shotguns used for duck shooting. Nope, can't see them being banned. The shooting public won't let that happen. Politicians live and die on votes and I think any that try to ban all semi-auto's will never be re-elected come voting day.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

It seems to me you don't have a "right" to anything on the subject of firearms.

As has been discussed, if you have to apply to your govt to even possess a firearm, and further, if your reason stated is for self defense, you are not allowed by the govt to possess a gun.

When you have to ask permission to do something, it has ceased to be a "right". And if you meet govt criteria, you MAY be granted permission.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not to be a smart alec, but what's the difference between a semi-auto & an assualt weapon? The matamoro (Muzzy killer) had a semi-auto with a thumbhole stock.

The purpose of owning firearms is self defense, even defense against the government. The question you need to answer is how you will preserve your ability to protect yourself from a force as strong as your government.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

As has been discussed, if you have to apply to your govt to even possess a firearm, and further, if your reason stated is for self defense, you are not allowed by the govt to possess a gun.

When you have to ask permission to do something, it has ceased to be a "right". And if you meet govt criteria, you MAY be granted permission.

This.

Our .gov also makes our laws but! We have a Constitution that limits that power and guarantees us certain rights that cannot be denied for any reason. This is where the 2A comes in handy.

This is what the New Zealanders are failing to understand, I can't remember if it was Ziess or Carlson that didn't like the 2a, at any rate they don't have it and therefore are subject to any whim of their .gov.

What really surprises me is they had no idea they had Mosques in their country, how the fuqk do you not realize something like that?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It was a tragic, senseless act. But this is pretty much where I am with *all* of it these days.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
All of the Kiwis ive ever met have been great people. Many of them were hunters and outdoorsmen like me.

It saddens me to know that the scourge of the earth (muslims) have infested NZ...and it saddens me to think the good people of NZ are about to loose their gun rights because of a lone wolf attack. An attack that couldn't be stoped by any amount of gun laws.

I feel sorry for you guys, I truly do but by all accounts you have a pretty far left government and far left governments hate individual rights...including guns.

The lawful gun owning citizens in NZ are about to take it up the a$$...in the name of protecting the most violent creatures on the planet.

Its time to stand up to your government and keep what is yours...but the reality is that wont happen.

Last edited by Quak; 03/19/19.

GOD Bless America
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Our day too will come...and it will mark the beginning of a civil war or at the very least succession. History tends to repeat its self.

GOD Bless America
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z

You have to apply for a driver's license, a freshwater fishing license, hunting license etc don't you? There's no MAY about it when comes to a firearms license. The police have to have a lawful reason to refuse you a firearms license. I was under the impression that to purchase a firearm in the U.S. you need to pass a F.B.I. check.

The firearms license originally came in to effect here in 1982 from memory. As a result of the 1990 Aramoana shooting there were further changes made in 1993. Particularly in regards to security as prior to that there was an annual death toll of 6-12 kids shooting their siblings, friends or themselves because they found the shotgun or .22 (often left loaded) behind the wash house door, garage or whatever and being boys started playing around with them with the inevitable result.

Some of you seem to have the understanding that we're completely at the mercy of what our government wants to do. Not so. We have rights and a strong freedom based democracy. As regards to the rights of gun owners this excerpt may explain a few things.

The Council of Licensed Firearms Owners (COLFO) was set up in 1996.

The Sporting Shooters Association of New Zealand is a part-time lobby group that is usually only active at elections and when there are government calls for gun control laws. It is smaller than COLFO.

The National Shooters Association is a nationwide civilian gun owners association that took the forefront in a 2009 legal challenge against unauthorised police interference with gun regulations. Its executive is largely made up of former members of the Practical Shooting Institute, a predecessor group which had similar success bringing court action against Police interference in 1990.

Previously influential anti-gun groups that are generally no longer active include the Coalition for Gun Control, and Gunsafe NZ. These groups were led by activist Philip Alpers and Mike Meyrick, a former police officer and lawyer.[26]

What are the average person's chances of needing a firearm here for defence? Lets put it this way; I would have more chance of winning the national lottery which would be in the tens of millions, than I would of needing a firearm for personal defence. As for defence against the government the odds would be a hell of lot more than that. It not going to happen in my lifetime.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I must admit... I was just taking advantage of your aggravated state of emotion. grin

No harm meant.

The only reason I even peeped in here today was to see if anyone was still defending the position that defending one's self with means equal in deadliness of the attack was still considered a privilege granted by one's govt.

Those in agreement with their govt. about that being a privilege probably aren't worth defending anyway.

"Aggravated state of emotion"...hardly

As for the Islamic mob, I am good with them being kicked out of this country...but I draw the line at killing people kneeling at prayer with their families.

I am also of the opinion that any arseholes that pull these stunts are in desparate need of hanging, no matter what colour or creed they are.

As for the New Zealand firearms laws, those are solely in the realm of New Zealand and it's denizens...and it may come as a shock to you lot but there are a lot of people that do not feel the need to walk about armed all the time, but come in to my home uninvited I will take exception.

And if you don't like it...stiff šhit.

Is praying to a witch or satan or cow really praying? whistle

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Quak
...I feel sorry for you guys, I truly do but by all accounts you have a pretty far left government and far left governments hate individual rights...including guns.

The current government is not far left but definitely center left. They tend to be stronger on social issues, helping those that don't want to work and the more unfortunate in our society. They've just indicated that they want to introduce a capital gains tax down the track. That means taxing the more wealthy who speculate in property. There will be a lot of opposition to that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That means taxing the more wealthy who speculate in property.

speculators are the more wealthy? grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by watch4bear
That means taxing the more wealthy who speculate in property.

speculators are the more wealthy? grin

No, not necessarily, but hey, low income families certainly haven't got the spondoolies to do so. In other words, it's a just a means of trying getting money out of some of the wealthy and super wealthy who do speculate in property and are often accused of not paying their share of taxes.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
[Linked Image]

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Quak
...I feel sorry for you guys, I truly do but by all accounts you have a pretty far left government and far left governments hate individual rights...including guns.

The current government is not far left but definitely center left. They tend to be stronger on social issues, helping those that don't want to work and the more unfortunate in our society. They've just indicated that they want to introduce a capital gains tax down the track. That means taxing the more wealthy who speculate in property. There will be a lot of opposition to that.

Your female leader was covering her head and pandering to the muslims while promising changes to your gun laws. It doesn’t get much more left as far as US politics go.

Honest question...is that center left in NZ?

GOD Bless America
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1minute, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 3,033 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,236
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.