Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
So sold the in laws house, so the sister in law that was living there has to move in with us till she finds a house in an area we call Kelowna, then she will move up there to be with her daughter and her husband and grandchild, then as it is my wife's only family I am putting my papers in and going to follow the sister in law up there.
So hope to be up there by next year, will be not far from our own BC30cal grin

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I understand it is a very expensive area in which to buy a house. A close friend of mine who relocated there quite a few years ago recently told me a about the appreciated value of his home and it was high!
My daughter, who was living in Calgary at the time, had a friend whose husband was a builder relocate there and go into the house building business. He specialized in million dollar plus homes and had no problem in finding buyers. I also understand the traffic has become a significant problem due to the increasing population.
Not trying to be a wet blanket but this is the situation as I understand it.

Jim

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
All the best, Partsman. I know you will be successful in your new digs!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Kelowna is F^CKED> I should Know I was born there!!>> aND THE HOLE ok>>VALLEY > crime is like Van>> house price>is over the top>>traffic is like LA!! there is no work there!>>min wage is all you can get and a rent is like 2,000.00 bucks for a house!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
But If you want to live in the California of the north >>summers are long and Hot >winters are very mild !! but it does come with a price!! to live there. I for one moved to the Boundary area between the Okanagan and the Kootenay >> the Gem is called GFBC!!> where we get a blend of both areas!>>Hotter summers then Kel!!>> but not the winters of the Koot>> clear clean water , Hunting that you would not believe and the population is small that you get a homekind of feeling!!>> o Ya the warmest tree lined lake in Canada!

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Snap quiz: which is the warmest lake in B.C., Osoyoos or Christina? In truth, this is a trick question. The right answer depends on whether you live in the Okanagan Valley, home to border-straddling Osoyoos Lake, or in the southern Interior's Boundary region, the site of Christina Lake. Both lakeside towns claim bragging rights as the province's aquatic hot spot. Until someone offers definitive proof one way or the other, this dispute remains.

For what it's worth, Wikipedia credits Osoyoos Lake with an average summer temperature of 24?C, while the on-line encyclopedia's entry for Christina Lake reads "in the 23 Celsius range"

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ya but Os lake is like 4 miles long and 20 feet deep>> Christina Lake is 15 miles long and 100 feet Deep!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Summers in the Boundary> https://youtu.be/jm1kPAZzep0

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Partsman;
Good evening to you sir, I trust that the first nice Saturday we've seen here in a good long while treated you all well and you enjoyed seeing some sun and warmth like we did.

Indeed you'll be a wee bit north of us, but we do get up there to Costco once a month as well as for other business and shopping too.

There's lots of neighborhoods in the Kelowna area to choose from - everywhere from Westbank/West Kelowna to Rutland, Joe Rich and many more.

While Kelowna is still pretty busy as far as the valley goes, it'll be a nice slowed down pace I believe from what you're used to out in the big smoke.

Once you land and get settled, we'll have to see if we can meet up and I'll buy the ice cream, coffee or beer - your choice.

All the best to you folks as we head into spring and good luck as you begin your plans to a few valleys east.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep, never got the chance to see anybody when up on holidays, now I will make an effort to visit you good folks once I am up there.
Going to have to see what range to join and learn the hunt areas, used to hunt up on the farm above rock creek and Christian Valley, but so much has changed I am not sure where one should go hunting.
I know the wife does not want me to go alone, my dad and brothers will still be down here, but I have lots of relatives up in the Okanagan, some live in Summerland, some Penticton, some in Kelowna itself, another cousin is a builder in Osoyoos, some in Rock Creek.

It is just too bad that there are those that would soil a post because of their own insecurities, rather than contribute anything positive they show their ass, seems to be a constant from some Washington posters, in the same league as Safariman I guess.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Boundary country>> blows OK Valley >> https://youtu.be/e_B1LGpaTvU Enjoy!

Last edited by Ranting; 03/17/19.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
We have the best of Both worlds> O>K>>Enjoy

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yes>>People >> still live like this!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oooops talking about wasting bandwidth.... just saying

It’s a constant, the 24 hour dumbfucks forget they’re shiit talk.... grin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Weird I posted in this thread and now its gone wtf.
So again, you wont be too far from me either partsman, good luck with your move.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Oh of course now I have the fun of moving my restricted and prohibited firearms when I go up.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Home of Big White Ski Area isn't it?

The way life should be.
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
yep, not far away.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
They even have a WHL team!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 2500HD, 160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,184
Posts18,503,329
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.