Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
A question for those alive during the Nixon era. If Nixon had been investigated, then proved to be innocent wouldn't people have been happy? Some people hate Trump so much that they don't even care if the man was innocent. People have lost any sense of right and wrong if they had any. If Trump would have been found guilty I would have said Impeach him.................I see this report as a victory, the man was not guilty of what he had been investigated for.

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
He/Us kept "her" from being elected, it was ALL going to go away when she took the reins, their hatred is all they see, we BEST damn well take 20-20 too.

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
At least Nixon knew he did wrong with the wiretapping. He therefore resigned. Trump didn't resign because he knew he didn't collude. Dems thought the pressure would make him resign. Time to turn tales and start investigating the left and put some of them in prison and maybe they will think twice about doing it again. Otherwise they won't stop because they are so full of hate.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A big problem is that a politician can be imprisoned for sexual stuff and outright theft but never for dirty politics, no matter what laws they break. They cover for each other and the judges seem to be in on it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
YUP!

MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Nixon was on psychotherapy since 1950's and he was a crook ! https://www.nytimes.com/2001/01/03/us/arnold-hutschnecker-102-therapist-to-nixon.html

some of the medications he took are prescribed for severely mentally ill people ( nothing wrong). but he would not have been selected to be president today !

having said that , Nixon did a lot of right things too.

not a fair comparison !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Iirc some guys will fall on their sword for their Prez I.e, Ollie North for Reagan

John Dean, not so much, it seems he Nixon was briefed on the wiretapping and John Dean wasn’t going to let the buck stop with him.

He was gonna rollover on Nixon, so Nixon resigned. At least that’s my recollection of events. Geez that was a long time ago

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Always seemed to me that this was about the time the Dem party started really going full Bolshie.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunner500
He/Us kept "her" from being elected, it was ALL going to go away when she took the reins, their hatred is all they see, we BEST damn well take 20-20 too.

You better damn well believe it. IF they take 2020 Presidential election, we're in for a schitstorm of rights violations and commie agendas being realized.

BUT, that "IF" is a very big one now. The dems have pulled their pants down and shown their ass to the world with their outright do anything for power agenda and out in the open criminal behavior. I sincerely doubt them winning the Presidency in 2020 now, as long as Trump keeps his nose clean and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't.

I hope Trump tweets this witch hunt Mueller investigation so far up dem ass, it gives them nosebleeds. He needs to keep this huge failure in the public eye for a while.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A big problem is that a politician can be imprisoned for sexual stuff and outright theft but never for dirty politics, no matter what laws they break. They cover for each other and the judges seem to be in on it.

Why wasn't Slick Willie imprisoned, then?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nixon was either hated or liked......notice I said liked not loved. He was a paranoid SOB, and just as crooked as the man he replaced........LBJ. I've always thought Watergate was more of a smear campaign than it was anything else, even though it was a crime.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While the left hated Nixon, they now hate Trump AND anyone who supports him.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the biggest differences I see between 1973 and now is the total abdication of the media from their position as the Fourth Estate and watchdogs for the public.

Obviously, they’ve never been perfect and many of them were biased to one side or the other over the years. They allowed politicians some peccadilloes - Kennedy's women for example - but mostly they did watch for and try to expose blatant criminal activity and were quick to call out lies.

Now they’re obviously and blatantly completely owned and controlled by the same people who own and control Congress and the Deep state. They don’t even try to be objective although they say they are. Whereas yellow journalism aka propaganda was always present in various papers at various times over the last couple of centuries they generally kept a wall between their reporting and their editorials. Nowadays they have become pure propaganda machines – ALL of them – without a shred of conscience or attempt to fulfill their role in keeping the public educated.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Why wasn't Slick Willie imprisoned, then?
It wasn't the sex part. He was charged with perjury and that's expected of a politician.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump did absolutely nothing illegal. The left has been involved in a coup d'état that should investigated and charged!

Geo

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was one of Nixon's hired guns. Haven't worn a badge since.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
The coverup is always worse than the crime.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I always voted for Nixon.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He was not a good President, but Nixon was a better President than LBJ, or Carter, or Clinton, or Obama - and far less of a crook than Hillary.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I was young enough that the reason I didn't like Nixon was whatever he did caused news to preempt my Saturday morning cartoons on TV.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1234, 57 invisible), 12,176 guests, and 1,052 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,255
Posts18,544,565
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.