Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Morewood
I'm having a pretty good laugh at this thread imagining some dipchit getting chippy at one of your Campfire get-togethers and he suddenly finds himself surrounded by a gang of greybeards whipping out saps, blackjacks, brass knuckles, swords, throwing knives, 1911's, and bunch of concealed pistols.

LOL
lmao
Don't forget nunchucks.

Or walking sticks and canes

Who is John Galt?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Cudgel.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
How many people has JohnnyLoco killed in this thread?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Never used sapgloves but worked with an old timer who swore by them. Brass knuckles will almost certainly make some pretty bloody, sapgloves not as likely.

I used to carry a leather blackjack when I worked plainclothes before they invented expandable batons. Never needed to use it on anyone but the threat of getting smacked with it brought a few people into compliance.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I mean, just for academic type concerns and arguments and suchlike. Let's say they're both legal where you live. Let's also say you wanna lay a good beatdown on some deserving dickweasel. Are brass knuckles better or sap gloves. Sap Gloves are those leather gloves with powdered lead in them.

Hey, I'm a happy-go-lucky guy who loves everybody and all that good shixt, but I saw this here show a couple of years back and this cop laid a damned good beatdown on this guy with some brass knucks so...for the sake of discussion here on the campfire site. Uh...urth eating and LBJ dropped the A bomb on the slopes...just to put everybody in the proper Gus mode.

For old guys, sap. Billy club would be better. Remember you still have to connect. Gloves would probably still be on when someone finds you ko'd

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sap gloves offer the benefit of surprise as well. Swatting with them nothing in one hand, not punching wearing them. Backhand someone with them and they're going down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never know when you need a little coinage to get you through the day!!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

That is pretty freakin' awesome.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have a cane with both a sword and a dagger pick concealed into it.

I carried it around in disney world a few years back. Just to see if I could get in with it.

I always wanted one of those.

https://youtu.be/nqwmLueVNx8

https://youtu.be/0wWQ-Hd5Efg

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I have the Cold Steel brand sword cane.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

I like that. I'd load it up with a roll of pre-65 quarters.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I made myself a zip gun back in the 50's. I never tried shooting it at
anybody though, because I didn't want to hurt myself - if it blew up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I mean, just for academic type concerns and arguments and suchlike. Let's say they're both legal where you live. Let's also say you wanna lay a good beatdown on some deserving dickweasel. Are brass knuckles better or sap gloves. Sap Gloves are those leather gloves with powdered lead in them.

Hey, I'm a happy-go-lucky guy who loves everybody and all that good shixt, but I saw this here show a couple of years back and this cop laid a damned good beatdown on this guy with some brass knucks so...for the sake of discussion here on the campfire site. Uh...urth eating and LBJ dropped the A bomb on the slopes...just to put everybody in the proper Gus mode.

Hey, careful. Those are "anti-vibration gloves" for riding motorcycles.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by joken2

I carried a 'brass' knuckles (which weren't really brass but cast aluminum) in a back pants pocket sometimes back in my young, single, hell raising days but never used them. The one time I probably could have but didn't was in a street fight at night where myself and a friend went to help a friend of his who had been jumped by a bunch of young punks. Once we got involved in the fight and took the focus of the punks off of him his friend cut out and left my friend and I fighting all the punks by oursselves.

The truth is I was so preoccupied trying to duck punches, kicks and whatever else coming from all directions that I honestly forgot I even had them with me. Probably a good thing too because back then they were very illegal. Was kind of funny though that the back pocket I had the knuck in had it's outline worn through from where I had been scooting around on my butt on the blacktop trying to avoid getting hit and kicked after they had me down.

A little irony, my friend's friend that we were trying to help out but then cut out on us went on to become a lawyer and held an elected political office.

My dad used to carry a weighted leather sap sometimes. He wasn't law enforcement but did frequent some pretty risky places when gambling. Never heard him say if he ever used it though.

We made "knuckles" in high school shop class as casting projects.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (35, 1Longbow, 808outdoors, 6mmCreedmoor, 13 invisible), 14,530 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,108
Posts18,541,925
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.