Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akasparky
I all my years I've never seen a will exScuted as requested by the deceased no matter whom was responsible for executing the will's instructions.

I just finished up being the Executor of a friend's will. Everything was done EXACTLY as he described in the will.

His daughter got his old vehicle, a 3 year old single wide, a 30 year old park model in Arizona and some bits and pieces.

He had several guns, some went to friends, 4 of them went to the two gun clubs he had membership in, along with his reloading gear to be sold by the clubs as fundraisers. A few art prints went to the RMEF.

My wife will get all my stuff, I am trying to downsize so she doesn't have a big mess to take care of.

[Linked Image]

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I've had a couple of Lads in mind who - if they led a good life and did the right thing at least the majority of the time I would leave them the bulk of my estate . I never told them anything along those lines - I just tried to show/teach them to not be a scumbag but all three took the low road whenever a choice came along . The last one back last fall showed me he wasn't worthy .
25 years olds won't change their ways IMO .

Last edited by ol_mike; 04/02/19.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
As others have mentioned, it doesn't have to go to relatives. We have no children and (as of now) it goes to siblings. Once most/all of our siblings are gone, then it's a free-for-all. Charities, friends, friends children, people who have been nice to us, etc. I just finished executing my Mom's estate and it went the way it was supposed to. It's illegal to do otherwise. When my parents asked me if I wanted to be executor, I only had one question- "Is everything divided equally?". When they said "yes", I said okay. My siblings surprised me by buying me the CZ 457 Varmint that I had my eye on. There are 4 of us and I'm the youngest at 59. We've always gotten along great.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
With three sons that enjoy such things I have no worry.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Bro, like every pic I have ever taken it only exists on the internet.

No prints so it shall die with me....

You'll regret that if you're not bullschitting.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by akasparky
I all my years I've never seen a will executed as requested by the deceased no matter whom was responsible for executing the will's instructions.

Due to this, I decided I'll be dead and I will not care so I plan to leave a mess that any and all can fight for, may the best man win....

Our trust is very precise to include details on how to manage us as our health declines and ends. No worries here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have a son that collects guns and hunts. And he is a great son, so problem solved.
Will designate that some of my stuff gets sold and proceeds go to our daughter, who is also a great person, just not into hunting, and guns.
Better news is that both are completely self supporting and don’t need any help from us.

NRA Patron
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm being cremated. I'll probably have all my guns, fishing gear and boat cremated with me. Still trying to find a crematorium large enough to fit my trucks, tractor and heavy equipment.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Be fair, favoring one child over another is the quickest way to split a family.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've made notes as to what goes to who, all the kids love to shoot, not into hunting (yet). Our sons' widow is one of the best shots I know, loves shooting and hunting, she & my granddaughter will get a good pile. If they seem interested in something particular I give it to 'em now. My best friend and his kids will get a few and so will my nephews/nieces. Lots to keep 'em happy and I'm still buying!

That said I've not hit 60 yet, but why wait?

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Hopefully members here have good families & friends deserving of nice things and money , me I'm having a hard time of leaving nice guns/scopes/bows/boat/yamaha outboards/fishing gear/western mountineering sleeping bags/tents/tools/money/land- to a bunch of lazy spoiled brats . I have no children and none of the younger family have any interest in anything pertaining to the outdoors . They'd be interested in the money and anything they could sell ...

Anyone else have these thoughts ?
I worked for everything I own while all my younger relatives have been spoiled rotten their entire lives , None of them have ever did a hard days work - they wouldn't dream of doing anything physical none ever played sports .

I dont have any younger spoiled relatives and my solution is to sell it off when Im not using it any more and use the money to go use what I have left...i.e. sells guns and go hunting....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Hopefully members here have good families & friends deserving of nice things and money , me I'm having a hard time of leaving nice guns/scopes/bows/boat/yamaha outboards/fishing gear/western mountineering sleeping bags/tents/tools/money/land- to a bunch of lazy spoiled brats . I have no children and none of the younger family have any interest in anything pertaining to the outdoors . They'd be interested in the money and anything they could sell ...

Anyone else have these thoughts ?
I worked for everything I own while all my younger relatives have been spoiled rotten their entire lives , None of them have ever did a hard days work - they wouldn't dream of doing anything physical none ever played sports .

It doesn't always have to be family, I know a couple of kids that are not related to me that will get some of my crap.

There ya go.

So far my kids are turning out pretty well. Still time I know....but so far so good.

Send your stuff North. They will put it to good use.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a young daughter that likes to fish, shoot, hike & camp, so most of my stuff will go to her.

You could always give some of your accumulated outdoor gear/crap to deserving youngsters that has shown/expressed interest in the outdoors. Often times such gifts become treasured items and bring back fond memories of the person from whom they received the gift.

I still use and treasure my grandfather's old, bait-casting Garcia Ambassadeur 5000 reel and his cane fly fishing rod.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I'm being cremated. I'll probably have all my guns, fishing gear and boat cremated with me. Still trying to find a crematorium large enough to fit my trucks, tractor and heavy equipment.

Park them next to a Texas chemical plant. The way things have been going lately, they would be brewed up shortly... smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Timely thread, just discussing this yesterday with my bud.

I have all the generalities of estate planning taken care of. We usually re-evalute it about every 10 years due to other assets influxing.

The big shît: personal houses, investments, life insurance, rental property , land; that is all settled.

I have two boys and a daughter. A few earmarked items are lined out.

It does seem silly to ponder the smaller details. However some us can accumulate A LOT of "stuff" like the OP listed. Camping, hunting, fishing, reloading, pyscho hoards of ammo, atvs, travel trailer, firearms.

Guess they can haul all that shît to the Junk For Jesus annual yard sale.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Or hey, just think- some of us with daughters.

5 years after youre dead-&-buried, your new son in law sells some of the lever guns you left to your daughter. He liquidates them to buy parts for his mitsubishi rice rocket Fast n Furious project car.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ya ...
Here is a decked out mod 70 Winchester for ya ta have
I had it over 42 years.

Fughing thing gets sold for 300 dollars to finance a high performance chip for a "Tokyo drift" themed wannabe car.

And you have been turning into well fertilized dirt where morrel mushrooms grow great for 2 yrs.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by renegade50
Ya ...
Here is a decked out mod 70 Winchester for ya ta have
I had it over 42 years.

Fughing thing gets sold for 300 dollars to finance a high performance chip for a "Tokyo drift" themed wannabe car.

And you have been turning into well fertilized dirt where morrel mushrooms grow great for 2 yrs.

They'll probably all wind up in an evidence room because if I'm going out I'm taking a bunch of deserving [bleep] with me.

Last edited by jackmountain; 04/02/19.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe

I dont have any younger spoiled relatives and my solution is to sell it off when Im not using it any more and use the money to go use what I have left...i.e. sells guns and go hunting....

Hey,
What am I?
Chopped liver?

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lost it all to medical expenses.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 6 invisible), 1,424 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,591
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.