Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
So all of the months of slave state and free state debate in congress never came into play? As well as Bentons compromise? The 1845 one. Was always my understanding that the annexation treaty 1844 was not passed in the senate because of the $10 million dollar Texas debt as you memtioned as well as the possibility of Texas being divided into anywhere from 2 to 5 slaveholding states. The issue of slave states/free states seemed to play a bigger role than a war with Mexico in congress. Although the questions of borders was an issue.
( I can’t help but think of one of Jackson’s famous quotes when he left office, "I regret never shooting Henry Clay and hanging John C. Calhoun!" They were two major players in the debacle).

As well as the citizens of Texas approving both a new state constitution and the ordinance of Annexation in the fall of 45 by ballot. The Texas voters were also given the choice to remain a free republic recognized by Mexico ( all brokered by the British), or statehood. They chose statehood. All in accordance to Senator Bentons Resolution Compromise of 1845. Which was the final Form of the treaty that you alluded to that was still in negoiations. Which was essentially President Tyler’s same treaty he introduced in 1844. It had undergone like three amendments. Before going to both houses for a vote. There were no midnight meetings in Texas. Statehood was wanted by all with the exception of the Lamarites.

Of Texas was illegally obtained so was Hawaii. Hawaii was made a US territory by the same method of joint resolution. Tyler’s joint resolution method had set it’s precidence.

This is just the way I remembered reading it.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Later we can talk about Prez Polks manifest destiny plan. I kinda like Polk. Only prez to actually fullfill all of his campaign promises.

Founder

WS

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Like I said, Texas ain't no better than any other state and all this talk about secession is blowhardery.

FACTS:

1. - TEXAS residents doen't have a communist state payroll tax taken out of their paycheck.

2. - TEXAS has the resources to survive on its own.

3 - TEXAS doesn't have to secede.

4. - TEXAS can't secede.

5. - TEXAS was never a part of the union legally, therefore it can't, nor does it HAVE TO, secede.

BONUS QUESTION GENIUS - How do you secede from something you were never legally a part of?

ANSWER - You can't.

As you read this, TEXAS is a legal sovereign nation, the REPUBLIC of TEXAS, based on law going back to the Magna Carta.

The Republic of TEXAS was illegally annexed byway of joint resolution. You can't annex a sovereign nation by joint resolution, only by TREATY.

Sovereign nations can only be annexed by TREATY. That is what the WRITTEN LAW states.

The politicians of TEXAS are traitors for allowing this charade to continue, and forcing us to be financially enslaved to the bankrupt COMMUNIST U.S.A.

So the annexation would’ve been legal if there was a treaty kind of like this one:

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/texan05.asp

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Kellywk,

That is President Tyler’s Annexation Treaty of 1844. It failed in the senate as it did not receive a 2/3rds majority vote. But the meat of it with amendments is what was passed at a joint resolution ( simple Majority vote of both houses) as the Benton-Brown Compromise of 1845.

Founder

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish y’all would quit arguing with elkshit. Don’t you realize that given the boundaries of the Republic of Texas, we could hunt in Wyoming on a Resident License.?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Hell curdog! In 1845 there were still lots of elk here! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Founder

WS

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I wish y’all would quit arguing with elkshit. Don’t you realize that given the boundaries of the Republic of Texas, we could hunt in Wyoming on a Resident License.?

You thinking we are arguing when all I'm doing is posting hard facts, supported by law, only shows you to be mentally deranged...like other internet trolls.

Must be difficult fighting those demons in your head as your brain deteriorates, and all you have in life is a keyboard to prove your mental sickness to the public.

You must be a Communist, because only Communists are against people posting facts to enable people to regain their freedom.

Go crap in your porcelain bowl, and see how long you can keep your head submerged.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Like I said, Texas ain't no better than any other state and all this talk about secession is blowhardery.

FACTS:

1. - TEXAS residents doen't have a communist state payroll tax taken out of their paycheck.

4. - TEXAS can't secede.

5. - TEXAS was never a part of the union legally, therefore it can't, nor does it HAVE TO, secede.

BONUS QUESTION GENIUS - How do you secede from something you were never legally a part of?

ANSWER - You can't.

As you read this, TEXAS is a legal sovereign nation, the REPUBLIC of TEXAS, based on law going back to the Magna Carta.

The Republic of TEXAS was illegally annexed byway of joint resolution. You can't annex a sovereign nation by joint resolution, only by TREATY.

Sovereign nations can only be annexed by TREATY. That is what the WRITTEN LAW states.

The politicians of TEXAS are traitors for allowing this charade to continue, and forcing us to be financially enslaved to the bankrupt COMMUNIST U.S.A.

So you're saying that Texas is gonna secede?

The REPUBLIC of TEXAS "does not" have to secede. It was never legally a part of the USA. Their is NO treaty anywhere, in any archives, between the REPUBLIC of TEXAS, and the USA for annexation.

NO document.

NO evidence.

NO Proof.

It is that simple.

An international court would rule in favor of the REPUBLIC of TEXAS, because we have never renounced our sovereignty in a legal document, that has gone through all required formalities, to become legal.

"He is far from Stupid"

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Originally Posted by watch4bear
160 million gun owners-5 million NRA members

160 million gun owners-5 million NRA members-155 million gun owners can't all be wrong.

Fixed.

Jim

BOOM!

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

FACTS:

4. - TEXAS can't secede.

ANSWER - You can't.

The REPUBLIC of TEXAS "does not" have to secede. It was never legally a part of the USA. Their is NO treaty anywhere, in any archives, between the REPUBLIC of TEXAS, and the USA for annexation.

NO document.

NO evidence.

NO Proof.

It is that simple.

An international court would rule in favor of the REPUBLIC of TEXAS, because we have never renounced our sovereignty in a legal document, that has gone through all required formalities, to become legal.

Have it your way. "Texas: Consistently Bitch-slapped since 1845!"

Better?

Last edited by 280shooter; 04/07/19.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

FACTS:

4. - TEXAS can't secede.

ANSWER - You can't.

NO document.

NO evidence.

NO Proof.

It is that simple.

You must teach law school somewhere.

Or you are a complete idiot.

Has anyone asked the BONUS QUESTION: What’s McNutt’s screen name? I just skimmed your guy’s jibberish because of posts like Elkslayers are just mind numbingly ridiculous.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 280shooter

FACTS:

4. - TEXAS can't secede.

ANSWER - You can't.

NO document.

NO evidence.

NO Proof.

It is that simple.

Have it your way. "Texas: Consistently Bitch-slapped sine 1845!"

Better?

If he’s from Texas he prefers butt [bleep] since 1845.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Clydesdale

FACTS:

4. - TEXAS can't secede.

ANSWER - You can't.

NO document.

NO evidence.

NO Proof.

It is that simple.

You must teach law school somewhere.

Or you are a complete idiot.

Has anyone asked the BONUS QUESTION: What’s McNutt’s screen name? I just skimmed your guy’s jibberish because of posts like Elkslayers are just mind numbingly ridiculous.

An idiot is a person who can not refute facts, but only trolls.

You might want to try debating with "facts", so intelligent people won't assume you're the "idiot".

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

FACTS:

4. - TEXAS can't secede.

ANSWER - You can't.

NO document.

NO evidence.

NO Proof.

It is that simple.

Have it your way. "Texas: Consistently Bitch-slapped since 1845!"

Better?

Just realize this "fact", once the REPUBLIC of TEXAS re-establishes its sovereignty, you'll be SOL in a Communist country until YOU can find your balls to fight for your freedom.

Better?

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have Constitutional carry and don't own a feeder. And yes, that is better.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

You might want to try debating with "facts", so intelligent people won't assume you're the "idiot".

Intelligent people know there is no debating with idiots.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I have Constitutional carry and don't own a feeder. And yes, that is better.

You have to purchase a federal stamp to own a machine gun. You don't have Constitutional squat and you don't even realize it, and only trolls and communist liberals bring off-topic subjects into a debate to deflect away from their inability to debate with facts, like you just did bringing feeders into the topic. .

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 04/07/19.

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Intelligent people know idiots are incapable of debating the facts.

Thanks for proving, and making, my point.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Intelligent people know idiots are incapable of debating the facts.

Thanks for proving, and making, my point.
So Texas isn't a state in the USA? How did Texas secede from the Union if it was never part of it? How did the United States force Texas back into the Union they never were a part of?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You mean slapped by bitches. Meh... you'll get over it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

200 members (673, 444afic, 5sdad, 10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 21 invisible), 1,573 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,076
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.