Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Fotis Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Is there a ballistic difference between the two? What is the case capacity difference anyone know?

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Quick google shows 22-250 at 44.6, 22 creed at 52gr

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
22-250 ai 46.9 gr

Ain’t easy havin pals.
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I bought a 22-250 this year specifically to make it into a 22 Creedmoor.

Never even fired a shot through through the donor.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I’m struggling between the 22-250 AI and 22 CM. I don’t know how much difference there really is...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
5 more gr case capacity, awesome brass, no fire forming, shouldn't be much to think about...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
The .22 Creedmoor is essentially the .22-250 Improved, which means another 100 fps in velocity (no big deal) at the same pressure. But everything else being equal, the brass will last longer due to less stretching, and tends to feed better in some actions.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Plus the .22-250 is so yesterday, man. Like, if it doesn't say Creedmoor on the barrel it's not hip. And ya gotta be hip to be cool.

Tell that to the chuck munching on some alfalfa minding his own business at 350 yards....

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Plus the .22-250 is so yesterday, man. Like, if it doesn't say Creedmoor on the barrel it's not hip. And ya gotta be hip to be cool.

Tell that to the chuck munching on some alfalfa minding his own business at 350 yards....

I was thinking more along the lines of a coyote dining on a cow’s after birth, but I get your point.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Them that cain't..MUST "Google".

Hint.

LAUGHING!...………………...

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Fotis Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The bitch is back....Said Sir Elton John!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon my shooting it all and then some,as you "flaunt" your Google,lick windows and "shoot" your Imagination and it's Pretend.

[Linked Image]

Virgin Alpha Kreedmire cases to left,formed 22-250AI to right.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

At least now you can say you've "seen" what you are trying to talk about...you "lucky" kchunt.

Hint...………………………...

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have just obtained a 26" 22-250 and I've rechambered a 24" 22-250 into an AI. I hope to wring them out this summer. I wish I had a means of measuring pressure. I'll probably be looking at velocities in the Nosler manual and using a chronograph. But for either one I'll hope to get great accuracy at near top velocity. I've not found much information on the AI, except the Nosler Manual. I guess the Sierra manual has loads too, but I don't have a Sierra manual. It looks like Nosler has a couple more grains of powder in the 22-250 AI over the Swift in a many loads with same weight bullets.

I'm not interested in using either for anything but varmints. Long range PD's will get most of the bullets from these.

I'm not interested in anything with the name "Creedmoor" except maybe a 9.5 Creedmoor and a 6.7 Creedmoor.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
There's some logic. crazy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I’m struggling between the 22-250 AI and 22 CM. I don’t know how much difference there really is...

Can't tell you about the Creedmore, never used one. But the 22-250AI since about '90 and wore out a few barrels. I like the cartridge. Best accuracy and vel. in my std. 22-250 is a 50 with 37.5 / RL15 doing 3926. Very good load. Several 22-250AI's all love about 40-41gr. RL15. .Favorite is the 25" Walther....fireforrms at 4113 with 38.5gr./ RL15, with formed brass and 39.9gr it's doing about 4200 - almost 300 fps. more than that std 22-250. ( I'll add that fireforming load is just as accurate as formed and completely usable in the field - I've formed about 6,000 AI cases of different chamberings on chucks and pd's) The 28" Hart is at 4246 with 41.2gr. A 25" Winchester barrel likes 39.8gr for 4079fps is best......40.2gr does 4126 but less acccurate. Chambers are all comparable with no freebore, but my reamer has .255" nk while 2 of these barrels are tight neck. Win. 760 works well in that case but it takes more of it and velocity/accuracy isn't up to RL15. Best powder I've found is Reloder 15, the stuff just works great. Brass is the very tough and no longer available PMC. The 22-250AI has always worked real well for me and I've no reason to start messing with another one. But if you're starting from scratch and 22CM brass is readily available, and the stuff is good, I'd say it's a tossup and go with either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman

After 50+ years of reloading, I don't fall head over heals for a name. Some people think that the name Creedmoor on their gun will kill their elk at 1,000 yards. I read thread on another forum comparing the 6.5 Creedmoor to the 300 Win Mag. Evidently some people think they're about the same.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ignore the name and the folks who don't know which way is up, then evaluate on the technical merits. I've been at it over 40 years and I don't like things that are trendy just because they're trendy, but I like to think I can be rational about it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think I'm rational. I renamed my 375 Whelen Ai to 95 Creedmoor and now magically it will be a 2,000 yard rifle.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Bugger

After 50+ years of reloading, I don't fall head over heals for a name. Some people think that the name Creedmoor on their gun will kill their elk at 1,000 yards. I read thread on another forum comparing the 6.5 Creedmoor to the 300 Win Mag. Evidently some people think they're about the same.

The funny part is how some guys like yourself go out of your way to insist anything "Creedmoor" is all about a name, while ignoring the actual advantages that make them popular. That must be a way to make yourself feel better I guess if you can convince yourself that everyone else is dumber than you. That's not rational, it's emotional.

Judman and Mule Deer both pointed out some very real advantages; maybe those don't apply to you, but it doesn't take a lot of thought to realize they probably apply to a lot of other people.

Last edited by Yondering; 04/11/19.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
All right then.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ackman

Can't tell you about the Creedmore, never used one. But the 22-250AI since about '90 and wore out a few barrels. I like the cartridge. Best accuracy and vel. in my std. 22-250 is a 50 with 37.5 / RL15 doing 3926. Very good load. Several 22-250AI's all love about 40-41gr. RL15. .Favorite is the 25" Walther....fireforrms at 4113 with 38.5gr./ RL15, with formed brass and 39.9gr it's doing about 4200 - almost 300 fps. more than that std 22-250. ( I'll add that fireforming load is just as accurate as formed and completely usable in the field - I've formed about 6,000 AI cases of different chamberings on chucks and pd's) The 28" Hart is at 4246 with 41.2gr. A 25" Winchester barrel likes 39.8gr for 4079fps is best......40.2gr does 4126 but less acccurate. Chambers are all comparable with no freebore, but my reamer has .255" nk while 2 of these barrels are tight neck. Win. 760 works well in that case but it takes more of it and velocity/accuracy isn't up to RL15. Best powder I've found is Reloder 15, the stuff just works great. Brass is the very tough and no longer available PMC. The 22-250AI has always worked real well for me and I've no reason to start messing with another one. But if you're starting from scratch and 22CM brass is readily available, and the stuff is good, I'd say it's a tossup and go with either.

Good information and thanks for sharing your experience. Your advice is solid.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I enjoy a DUMB Fhuqk trying for 50yrs and failing sooooooo fhuqking miserably. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Though in fairness..."heals" is a very "tricky" word. Hint. LAUGHING!

I shoot a "smidge" of 300 Winny and Kreedmire to boot,PLEASE flap your gums some more and cite some load "particulars",as per your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results".

Dare ya.

Hint..................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Good information and thanks for sharing your experience. Your advice is solid.

She is a CLUELESS Fhuqk. Hint.

The transformation from 22-250 SALAMI to Aye-Eye sure as fhuqk do NOT "grant" 300fps,nor anything close. Hint.

I just "happen" to shoot a "few" rifles chambered same.

HINT................(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let’s recall a little history,
The 250 Savage with its 3,000 feet per second bullet kills faster than lightning.
The 243 is far superior to the 257 Roberts in every way.
The 220 Swift kills faster than lightning.

Gun Scribes have been praising new cartridges for a century or more. If they didn’t they wouldn’t get much support from the manufacturers. And people have to justify/brag about the wise money they spent on new cartridge/rifle.
One thread was started in another forum, “Which cartridge would be a better 1,000 yard elk cartridge, the 300 Win Mag or the 6.5 Creed?”

But maybe these cartridges are different because there’s such a rush to praise.

But there’s some in each generation,some have to piss on the electric fence.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps and it's never been difficult to cypher,who shoots...and who don't.

I shoot a "smidge" of 300 Winny and Kreedmire to boot,PLEASE flap your gums some more and cite some load "particulars",as per your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results".

Dare ya.

Hint...............

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Let’s recall a little history,
The 250 Savage with its 3,000 feet per second bullet kills faster than lightning.
The 243 is far superior to the 257 Roberts in every way.
The 220 Swift kills faster than lightning.

Gun Scribes have been praising new cartridges for a century or more. If they didn’t they wouldn’t get much support from the manufacturers. And people have to justify/brag about the wise money they spent on new cartridge/rifle.
One thread was started in another forum, “Which cartridge would be a better 1,000 yard elk cartridge, the 300 Win Mag or the 6.5 Creed?”

But maybe these cartridges are different because there’s such a rush to praise.

But there’s some in each generation,some have to piss on the electric fence.

Yeah I like that. And btw thank you for your service.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
STUPIDITY ain't a "service",but rather a plight.

Hint..................

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I'd go 22-250 or 22-250 AI only because I have a bunch of brass from my previous rifle. If I didn't have all the brass I'd look at the CM and compare dies and brass.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If buying brass keeps you outta the game,you sure as fhuqk ain't in the game.

Hint..................

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
It's as simple as already having the supplies to shoot. Most would understand that. I'd rather be out shooting than going out buying brass and supplies. I'll be out soon shooting rats when the weather clears up. Some are just coming out after having their babies. When the weather finally clears will be in the thick of it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
brass and bullets ,i stock`d up heavy just because of the liberal movement,but i still shoot plenty i have my own state legal private rifle range and permanent heated shooting house with cement benches.i decided years ago i know longer wanted to deal with or help some of these people at a public range anymore and worry about my safety with these type of people using guns.i also agree with Stick the bullet is more important than the head stamp always.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ReallyFlatBroke,

"Soon" is VERY "compelling". The only thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination.

Hint.................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GoForBroke
It's as simple as already having the supplies to shoot. Most would understand that. I'd rather be out shooting than going out buying brass and supplies. I'll be out soon shooting rats when the weather clears up. Some are just coming out after having their babies. When the weather finally clears will be in the thick of it.

Potguts are out now when it's not snowing. It'll clear, then another front comes in.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I'd go 22-250 or 22-250 AI only because I have a bunch of brass from my previous rifle. If I didn't have all the brass I'd look at the CM and compare dies and brass.

That's what 223 AI fans always say...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I only have (13) 223AI's and I'm fairly certain,that a .378" Donor...differs from a .473".

Hint...............

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I'm fairly certain brass is either a universal gift or it needs purchased, no matter the boltface.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've yet to gun a centerfire,that didn't require it.

Hint...................

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
No [bleep], but most gunning 223 AI's aren't chambering for it to BUY brass...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Picking schit with the chickens,ain't my gig.

Hint.................

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
It ain't required, either.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Picking schit with the chickens,ain't my gig.

Hint.................

I call Bull Schitt....that's EXACTLY what your GIG is....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G

Potguts are out now when it's not snowing. It'll clear, then another front comes in.

They were out today as were the sagerats. Still waiting for the rats to have their pups outside on their own. That's when the shooting will begin.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

You'd need a Co-signer for the muzzle tape alone. Congratulations?!?

Hint................

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Judman
5 more gr case capacity, awesome brass, no fire forming, shouldn't be much to think about...

Well again..... I bet it's better than 22-250 ai by a smidge....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 22-250AI has the case capacity/performance advantage.

Pardon my shooting it all and then some.

Hint................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

You'd need a Co-signer for the muzzle tape alone. Congratulations?!?

Hint................

So you are volunteering to be that Co-signer?

you sure ya got any money left after all the junk you order? , then there is the meth, booze etc you're always on.

Aww never mind.... I don't use muzzle tape,, as I don't throw my firearms in the river or creek to clean them
off, or just from being too strung out to notice....some of us actually take care of our stuff...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

You poor poor(literally) Opiate Addled DUMB Fhuqk...what else can you "do" but pan handle? Congratulations?!?

Hint.....................

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Hint................

🤔🙄

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At least you can "afford" to guess. Congratulations?!?

Hint.................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

You poor poor(literally) Opiate Addled DUMB Fhuqk...what else can you "do" but pan handle? Congratulations?!?

Hint.....................

Aww hell Stumpy......unlike you, I don't use drugs... nor do I panhandle or collect food stamps or welfare..

But I do admit, I do use toilet paper, which is more than I can say for you....

Cause anyone can smell the schitt stench on your posts even.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Your fascination with Male Anatomy,is beyond telling and your Toxicology Report would read like the funny papers. Congratulations?!?

Few things funnier,than an Opiate Addled Brokedick Candy Striper,wondering aloud,why she cleans bedpans as a "career" and is mired in that perpetual rut.

Bless your heart.

Hint..............

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Perhaps you missed it the second time...

only place you've ever seen STUPIDITY, is when you look in the mirror....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Be SURE to start a Thread,if/when you ever "see" your first 224 Kreedmire. Congratulations?!?

It'll look like this(the one on the far right,wearing the 88 ELD).

[Linked Image]

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery.

Hint.................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What was Forrest Gump's analysis, after he saw some of your Busheler videos on BoobTube?

"Stupid is as Stupid Does" wasn't it?

But hey Stumpy.. we all love ya.. its an American Tradition to root for the UnderDog all the time.
Or in your case the UnderFrog....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Hint................

Well run AI the dummy..... how many times have you cited, “because pulling the trigger is sooooo much work”.....

You lie and bullshiit soooo much you forget!!!! Haha tff

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hint................

Well run AI the dummy..... how many times have you cited, “because pulling the trigger is sooooo much work”.....

Dang Jud, you think would get the "hint" by now? nobody cares about his bullchit.....
Yet he keeps inserting himself into threads..... he must be desperate to be heard? bet he is having accolade withdrawals... hahahaha

Gotta give him credit for somethin...... persistence... perhaps?

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by irfubar

Hint................

Dang Jud, you think would get the "hint" by now? nobody cares about his bullchit.....
Yet he keeps inserting himself into threads..... he must be desperate to be heard? bet he is having accolade withdrawals... hahahaha

Gotta give him credit for somethin...... persistence... perhaps?

So consider he lives around a place with few people, and then his stellar personality...

the internet is about all of a social life Stumpy has... living alone etc.

in case, he probably thanks God he can buy booze and meth....

I for one, care for what Stumpy posts... even if all I read is blahblahblahblahblahblah etc..

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ooooooooopsie.........

Rubble rubble.... haha
[Linked Image]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
laugh laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Great info and sounds like you are moving things out of your shooters at top speed. Great to see.

I have a beloved 22-250 and worked up a load with 30g NXT and RL-7 to get to 4329fps over my chronograph but felt like this was going to wear out that barrel super fast and bagged that load. Favorite 22-250 load is 40g NBT with Varget for a whisper under 3800fps again over chronograph for a shoot all day loading. Shot many many rounds through it and love that 22-250 caliber.

Your experience shows a favorite powder in the RL-15 and I wondered if the newer RL-16 holds any interest for your applications?

I am using it in a AR10 6.5CM with some very good results in velocity and accuracy.

Again its good to see someone who is interest in some fast movers when it comes to reloading for varmint applications. Many times we get a wee bit of shade from those that don't.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

Your fascination with Male Anatomy,is beyond telling and your Toxicology Report would read like the funny papers. Congratulations?!?

Few things funnier,than an Opiate Addled Brokedick Candy Striper,wondering aloud,why she cleans bedpans as a "career" and is mired in that perpetual rut.

Bless your heart.

Hint..............

yeah but I don't live alone because the wife left me....

and even tho there are plenty of needy women up there.... ya still can't land one...

and we're loving your use of BrokeDick as a description.....

guess you're quit working.... but don't worry, you'll always be a dickhead and a BIG one at that, despite your short stature...I'm sure when you are out fishing on the boat with your buddies tho, you get to play "Sailor"...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (12344mag, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,175
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.