B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by tikkanut

and I thought I lived in Podunk

https://blainecounty-mt.gov/

Pffftt.

Check out where the curman's live.

Heh! Ya mean driving distance to Lewistown.

Lucky.

Their road to the house is garbage though!

pffftt

Look up Simpson.

MAGA
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Pfffttt....about as far from a Rez as you can get in Montana.

Must be terrible....

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Them Cottonwood boys are good uns though.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Great prices on most everything, their brand items from wine to detergent are very good,

Best prices on gasoline plus I get my car / house insurance through Costco, great price and service when I had the need was excellent.

For both my new truck and wife’s new SUV saved me $$$ using Costco PLUS I received a $700 gift card each time.

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some great products, some great prices, gas......

Their credit card is pretty damn good too.

I like ‘em.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sunsabitches!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have seen them from the interstates, never been to one.
Over 100 miles to east or west.

Heck, Sam's is 35 miles away and we gave up on it.
Didn't get there often enough.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Tikkanut: I and my complete extended family have shopped at Costco since 1983 - that's 36 years of happy consuming from me and mine!
I think they have the largest and consistently finest tasting selection of fine beef cuts (Prime!) I have ever shopped for.
My wife and I have held several levels of membership over the years including "business".
In the past 36 years of happy shopping at Costco (part of which was for our business - 26 years worth!) I am guesstimating that the wife and I have saved in excess of $30,000.00 on various goods.
And that is not counting the countless times I stopped in for a giant hot dog and a soft drink (for a dollar twentyfive!) saving me even MORE money on dine out lunches.
Some of my favorite Costco items, that no one else has comparable's at anywhere near a comparable price, are their Gold Seal Prime Beef, Albacore Tuna packed in water, fresh roasted Chicken, Cashews, Apple Pies, Cherry Pies, their freshly hand separated Chicken meat (if their oven roasted rotisserie chicken does NOT sell in TWO HOURS it is taken in the back and the meat is removed by hand and vacuum bagged!) and countless other personal items.
There are now 770 Costco warehouses world wide and anyone not able find one or who does not know where one is, is simply not looking or blind!
Costco is doing a LOT of things right.
I have shopped at Costco's first store and at Costco's largest store!
Anyone interested in quality merchandise at great prices with a great stand behind your merchandise policy needs to be a Costco member - or keep wasting your money and shop elsewhere.
Virtually ALL of my family out in the Puget Sound area buy their fuel at Costco.
Sadly the nearest Costco now that we have retired here in SW Montana (21+ years ago) is 105 miles away so we keep a separate Costco shopping list and all our neighbors when they are heading for Costco kindly offer to get anything we need on their trip. We do the same.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
You guys probably have lots of better options down there but up here its one of the better places for quite a few things. Still have to watch the prices, they do overprice some stuff but over all pretty decent and quality is usually okay too. We go maybe once a month or a little less, but its a 2 hour drive for us.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Costco has good quality stuff at usually good prices. They also have a good return policy and stand behind what they sell. If everyone shopped based upon politics then why haven’t “Republicans” gotten with the program to compete? Perhaps they’re too interested in being something they aren’t and trying to fool their constituents while at the same time ripping them off selling cheap Chinese crap. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
300 miles from Dog Town.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Advertising for Costco....

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by old_willys
Great prices on most everything, their brand items from wine to detergent are very good,

Best prices on gasoline plus I get my car / house insurance through Costco, great price and service when I had the need was excellent.

For both my new truck and wife’s new SUV saved me $$$ using Costco PLUS I received a $700 gift card each time.

Another thing is for executive member level the 2% back on purchases, ends up being a lot more than the cost of the member.

Add to that I stupidly brought our new LG Dryer on sale at Home Depot I saved maybe $30, 3 months later I get the letter telling me my 90 day warranty was up and for $250 I could extend it for 30 months (total of 3 years).

At Costco you always get minimum 2 year free warranty and if you use the Costco Visa it is a 4 year warranty.

Ted
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by walt501
Prime beef alone is reason enough to be a Costco member.

This^^^^

Costco beef is far better than the crap they sell at Safeway, King Soopers or Walmart, in my experience.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
We don’t buy much beef but we do like theirs and chicken thigh filets, TP rated best for septic systems and RV use, gasoline cheapest in town and best quality. We buy lots of stuff at Costco and sometimes it beats the military commissary for price and almost always on quality. Good prices on beverages too.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Originally Posted by tikkanut
No. I wouldn't even know where to find one.

None of the stuff I produce is for sale at Costco. Piss on em.

just so ya know Mr Jim

https://usalocator.org/costco-locations/montana

Ha! Thanks.

I get to Billings every few years or so.

Went to my first Cabelas shop there last year.

Jim, I was heading over to Billings a few weeks ago to go to Cabelas and got sidetracked by the recommendations here for Scheels. I had never heard of them before (I've been to lots of Cabelas over the years) so I stopped by that place first. I never made it to Cabelas...Scheels in Billings is not bad, they have a fish tank (and a ferris wheel for the kids) and they had a lot more of the shooting stuff I was looking for than Cabela's has had of late. If I never go to a Cabelas again, it'll be because there's a Scheels nearby.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The gas is often times over 30 cents a gallon cheaper. Me and 2 of my sons had lunch there yesterday, total was less than $ 6.50

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
The gas is often times over 30 cents a gallon cheaper. Me and 2 of my sons had lunch there yesterday, total was less than $ 6.50

You paid too much. You can eat for free off all the sample tables set up in the store. Sometimes they even have drink samples.

Last edited by smarquez; 04/14/19.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Macadamian Nut Clusters - and I have over 100 said emptied containers, some now holding nuts and bolts and stuff in the garage to prove it. Those are about $18 per container, and my collection is most of our 9 year addiction. A 10 step program ain't gonna help!

But the bastids in Anchorage quit carrying Almond Snickers and flex-frame glasses (3 pack readers for under $20 - I'd buy two or 3 packs at a time as my wife and I both use them, lose them, and break them.

The 8 years we lived in Kotzebue, I hit Costco every time thru (about twice monthly, tho sometimes as much as 6 weeks apart) , dropping $ 200-800 every time. For meat variety (beyond self-supplied fish, moose, caribou), I'd buy bulk packs of pork chops and chicken, and vacpak them into smaller units before freezing. I buy my jeans there (about $20/pr), when I can find my size. 32/32 are hard to find. 45/31 or 36/28 and the ilk not so much. There are either a lot of , or hardly any pus-gut buyers out there, since those kind of sizes are usually about all I find on the shelves lately. There is a lot of stuff in Costco not available in Bush stores at any price. Did you know 5 pound bricks of cheese in one's briefcase or pack looks a lot like C4 to the scanners? But who packs around 10-15 pounds of C4?

I once price checked a large box of large sized milk-bones for my Lab. About $11 at Costco, $30 at Kotzebue AC store- and they only had one.... the dog had to go without for a whole week (poor thing!) until my next trip out. So yeah, depending on your circumstances, it can be well worth that $50 a year membership, or whatever it is.

3 free 50# airline bags is the rule within/with Alaska, so I carried tape and a bathroom scale in the car and often packed coolers or bags in the Costco parking lot just before going to the airport to catch my flight. Tho I got pretty good without the scale, seldom being more than 3 lbs off either way. Usually within 2. I'd put a couple items on top that I could stuff in my coat and carry on if I had to lighten up a bit. It got to be an art!

With my carry-ons, I could get about 200 lbs of groceries out to the bush "free" with my airline ticket and overall roughly 2/3 the price of any comparable items in the village stores if even available. While Bush living, I carried Executive membership (twice the regular maybe?), and the refund more than paid for itself. Now that we are back in civilization and only go there a half dozen times a year, we have reverted to standard membership as we are buying much less there, and it is 300 miles round trip. The Executive would no longer be cost effective. We only hit Costco when in Anchorage on other business but even then it saves us money.

And there is the Macadamian Nut thing.... smile

Last edited by las; 04/14/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Costco is closer than all but one grocery store to me... about 3-4 minutes... and I use it a lot.

There is never an issue if something fails or needs to be returned. They have black cod fairly often... not the biggest and best, but still mighty impressive fish for far less than we were paid for them "in the round" almost 40 years ago, dockside.

Their roasted chickens sell the way they do because they are good and cheap.

Their cheese selection is impressive and far cheaper than local stores, item for item.

No comparison here for pricing...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 47 invisible), 14,976 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,172
Posts18,543,035
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.