-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My brother quickly settled on Norma brass for his Ruger, and loaded ammo with a Lee Target Loader, which featured an inside neck reamer; state of the art circa 1976. Brass flow is what made him change when the Swift started to wear. Still, for the shooting he did, that Swift was pretty impressive. One really bad winter we spent a few days sitting in a three-sided corncrib among a bunch of baled hay. Built a nice little "bench" out of some bales, and he picked off pigeons and crows eating corn left in the field out about 300 yards. Pre-plastic tip bullets, the Swift still 'sploded them pretty well.

What fresh Hell is this?
HR IC

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by moosemike
I also am finding the .224 Valkyrie interesting but I need to learn some more about the cartridge. Is it an AR platform only cartridge at this point?

I'm sure someone would build you one. You can get a remage barrel for it. https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/201...p-precision-mmr-pro-rifles-224-valkyrie/

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
She "shoots" as "much" as you...which never ain't not fhuqking hilarious! Congratulations?!?

Hint..................

I shoot a metric schidt ton. Because I get my ammo really cheap at Walmart so I can shoot all day every day. Sometimes they even have Tula. Which as we both know will smoke that Copper creek stuff.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
dooshmike,

You "shoot" your mouth and Imagination,because that is what is within your "means". Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar

But, about the swift, if you want one buy one you will not regret it, everyone will be in awe ...... if you build, do a fast twist, no downside with light bullets and the heavies will go far...
Very little recoil, max performance, it is a legend.

Brass is it's weakness, quality of available brass is ok, stock up .....

Enjoy ........ smile

Agreed.

A lot of nostalgia...………..a lot of "tear critters in half"...…….as much potential for accuracy as anything else.

I only own 2 of them. But my 77V tang safety is the most accurate factory gun I ever owned. 52 gr Hornady BTHPM at 4080 fps for the money shots. 55 gr Ballistic Tips 100 fps faster to tear groundhogs in two. Never shot paper beyond 500m with it. But, even with, likewise a 26" barrel, the .22-.250 ain't a Swift.

Just a cool as heck gun to shoot.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'409,

How "many" Factory Rifles have you "owned". LAUGHING! Congratulations?!?

The less you "do" or "know"...the "better" everything is.

Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'409,

How "many" Factory Rifles have you "owned". LAUGHING! Congratulations?!?

The less you "do" or "know"...the "better" everything is.

Hint................

Dunno. Never counted. Somewhere over 50 but under 100.

As you are aware, I giveth not 2 chits for you or your bile. But I'll humor one of us......…...and I ain't sure which one of us it is...……...… This Ruger is the proverbial "one in a thousand" or better. The Hornady's will go high .1's (3-shot group, not 5) at 100 if I don't screw up. I generally get mid .3's with the Ballistic Tips. Factory crown......….factory (chitty Ruger) trigger...…..factory bedding.

Noteworthy to me and probably 99.5% of the respected, respectable, positively-contributing members of the CF.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
dooshmike,

You "shoot" your mouth and Imagination,because that is what is within your "means". Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint...................

Who shoots their mouth??? Fuuck you get dumber by the hour....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'409,

Few things as "convincing"...as a Factory Ruger Rifle,shooting in the .1's and chambered in Swift. Congratulations?!?

You REALLY tug at heart strings,with the amazing STORY.

Laughing!

Hint................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm glad I wasn't setting out to convince you of anything. Only humoring myself. As you could never convince ME that you even have a heart, let alone any strings beyond the ones on your tampons, I'll continue.....

Early on, the gun took a fit and the piece of walnut, though pretty, was a lousy piece of twisting crap. Snugged itself to the barrel so I relieved the channel some and went at it OK for a year or so. The wood moved again. So I hogged the channel out so it wouldn't/couldn't do it again. In the midst of that, I decided to play with free-floating vs pressure points, screw torque and the like. Shot ten 5-shot groups at 100 on an NRA smallbore target. The biggest group was a low .6. Box stock Ruger .......with a stroked out barrel channel. Period.

Maybe that sucks azz in the Eskimo rockpile league. But it's not too disrespectable in most rational folks' world's..........no matter WHAT silly picture of brass, bullets and dies you're about to re-post for the hundredth time.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'409,

Rest ASSURED...that the last thing I'd wanna do,is to swipe your Imagination or it's Pretend,if only because it's all that you've "got". Congratulations?!?

What scope were you using to shoot .1's?

LAUGHING!

Hint..................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Old skool (pre-Fullfield) Burris 6-18

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Be sure to re-read.......

I DID say "high .1's"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'409,

With said scope,you likely only hit the paper once. Congratulations?!?

Hint....................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'409,

With said scope,you likely only hit the paper once. Congratulations?!?

Hint....................

That's, pretty much, what it looks like. Rest assured.......even I can't miss 8.5x11 at 100 yards.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Hornadys, although bughole accurate, we're all over the place on terminal performance. One would tear a chuck in two at 400 yards and the next would leave a .224 exit and a hog crawling for the hole at 40 yards.

Gave up a little on accuracy by going to the BT, but there was no second guessing where the critter would be when the dust settled. Was entertaining to hear the BT's hitting flesh at 300-500 yards with earplugs in.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'409,

Your DUMBFHUQKTITUDE is impressive. Congratulations?!?

Feel free to extrapolate launch speed,to your atmosphere and quantify 400yd impact velocity...to "sell" THE Story.

LAUGHING!

Hint...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yoder409's story is far more believable than anything you ever wrote,bs.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

You simply remain at the mercy of your "abilities"..which is funnier than fhuqk! Congratulations?!?

It seems you "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,yet again,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

Hint.................

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Why do you retards always mess up an otherwise good thread?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (160user, 280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,695 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.