Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Almost 3 decades and just over 1k rounds through it,it'll last you a long time Yoder. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by Big Stick
'409,

With said scope,you likely only hit the paper once. Congratulations?!?

Hint....................
That's, pretty much, what it looks like. Rest assured.......even I can't miss 8.5x11 at 100 yards.

I'll bet you missed the paper a lot - due to the bullets going through the same hole!

Fug Stick, no matter how bad a day someone might be having, we can log on here and get a laugh seeing your tardness.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Almost 3 decades and just over 1k rounds through it,it'll last you a long time Yoder. wink

Retirement in a couple of years may put a new strain on the round counts of a LOT of my rifles.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by moosemike
[Linked Image]

I did find this though! This is real. Not like that Copper Creek stuff you try to peddle.
I've never seen .220 Swift ammo on the shelves at Wal-Mart. I can sling 53's from my .22-250 at 3800 fps and 55's from my .243 at 4100 fps. Given that, a swift seems rather redundant.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

I enjoy that Melting Snowflakes and their flailing Perpetual Victim Cards,sure gotta use their Pretend and Imagine that they are a "we". Congratulations?!?

Pardon my shooting it all and then some,as you Dream.

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Joan,

The only thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination. Congratulations?!?

You WalMart Warrior you.

LAUGHING!

Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A local feed store here carries Swift ammo, but I load my own. I have a tang safety Ruger 77V in 220 that I found at a gun show in the late 70’s. The previous owner had had the barrel cut to 20 inches so that it would fit on his truck dash. I finally shot the first barrel out and had it replaced with a Douglas, also 20 inches long. It’s an extremely accurate rifle, and loves 38.5 gr of IMR4064 and 55 gr Nosler BTs. I always wanted a 220 Swift, but had little interest in a 22-250. As for brass, except for a short time using Winchester, I have always liked Norma. It’s tough brass. And yes, the brass flows, and I don’t much care.

It’s the rifle I’d use if I had one chance to make one perfect shot, for all the money.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pass a 20" 223 and 88's.

Hint...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Retirement in a couple of years may put a new strain on the round counts of a LOT of my rifles.

Geez,I didn't realize you were that old,Yoder. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Pass a 20" 223 and 88's.

Hint...............

Pass the .22/6mm and 40 grain bullets.

Or a .220 Swift with either a 50 or 55 grain bullet.

Last edited by elkhunternm; 04/16/19.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
yes there may be a better choice in a cartridge ? we use 220 Swifts with 60 Nosler Partitions at about/around 3600fps these 60 gr. bullets out of Swift shoot good enough for our use on coyotes . when the hounds bring these coyotes by runnin hard and fast,you never know the range either it all happens real fast ,its fun to watch my sniper friend shoot those coyotes with his Ruger #1 220 Swift too ! i started using a 220 Swift too because that`s what most of us use on our coyote - hound hunts ,the Swift just works well and that`s the ammo we all have too if someone runs out ,believe me sometimes some of us mis those runnin coyotes plenty,that old sniper don`t mis much,he is amazing on fur.the main reason we use 60 gr. Nosler Partitions is small holes in the hides and easy to patch that hide back up to sell,some other brand bullets make a mess of the coyote hides.

Last edited by pete53; 04/16/19.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pass a 20" 223 and 88's.

Hint...............

And the alcohol... don't forget to pass the alcohol!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd rather shoot a 18" 1-8" 270 with 105's,than a 26" 1-14" Swift with anything.

Pardon my shooting it all and then some.

Hint...............

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bought my first M77V used in 220 Swift in 1975 paid $190 for it. It was wearing a 3x9 Bushnell BDC and came with a set of Lyman dies and 9 boxes of brass. It shot nice for me with 4064 and 50-52 gr Noslers solid base and hpbt match bullets. I shot a few coyotes and a lot of p dogs with it. I don't know how many rounds went thru it before I got it but the bore was in ok shape then. the scope crapped out and was relaced with a 8x Leupold. At about 3000 rds of my own, it was slipping and I got carried away with the moment in a hot dog town off the White river north Iona , SD ,torched the throat. Probably should have rebarreled it, but I ended trading it and cash for a Colt AR-15. I knew that sooner or later a slightly used 1 would show up at the local gunshop at a decent price. One did and I bought it for $240+ tax. I still have that one although it doesn't see anywhere near the use the first one did. I learned not to use 4064 in the swift but H380 and 760 burn cooler and are easier on your barrel. You don't need to crowd the loads to 4k fps either. With the low bc bullets I used at the time an 8x Leupold was all I needed for my use to 450 yds. It is what it is. I had a lot of the same brass problems that Keith talked about. I inside uniform the necks with a Forster reamer and that takes care of that. It was a great combo for me in it's day. The 22-250 is the way I'd go for 50-60 grain loads in buy anywhere ammo with the slow twist guns more commonly available. A 22-250 with a fast twist would be fun to play with for minimal entry dollars with the heavier bullet route. If money wasn't a consideration on build cost, brass and etc. what Stick says is the way to go. I learned a few things in the last 44 years and pass my my experience of them on. It's your's to use for free or discard as unimportant if you like. I don't really care what anyone thinks any more. So if you don't like what I say ,you know where you can go. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Boob,

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps. A 14" RPM Swift barrel,costs the same as a 7" RPM 224 Kreedmire barrel. Hint.

In the Real World,atmospherics play more than a "smidge" of a role. In 223AI alone I shoot 7",8",9",10",12" and 14" RPM spouts and it never ain't not intellesting,to gun wares side by each,in like conditions. Hint.

It's never been difficult to cypher,who shoots...and who don't.

Hint................

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Boob,

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps. A 14" RPM Swift barrel,costs the same as a 7" RPM 224 Kreedmire barrel. Hint.

In the Real World,atmospherics play more than a "smidge" of a role. In 223AI alone I shoot 7",8",9",10",12" and 14" RPM spouts and it never ain't not intellesting,to gun wares side by each,in like conditions. Hint.

It's never been difficult to cypher,who shoots...and who don't.

Hint................

.22/6mm and a 40 grain bullet. It's easy to see who shots and who doesn't.
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

THAT is a SERIOUS Rifle. Laughing! Congratulations?!?

You can almost afford a set of lens caps,a sound stock and good receiver...almost!

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
How did the lens cap,sound stock and a good receiver fail?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Geez,I didn't realize you were that old,Yoder. wink

Old fartdom catches up with the best of us. Yep.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

Your Retardation is EPIC hilarity...simply due the fact you are doing your best. Laughing! congratulations?!?

The less you "do" and "know",the "better" everything is.

Hint...............

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 61 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,571
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.