Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Fine.

The 650 then.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder if that time includes always burning the headlights?

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Fine.

The 650 then.

She's been riding for a couple of years, but never got her license. This year I told her she had to get it to ride on the highway, so she skipped class for 3 days to take the H-D MSF course. They took it on brand new street 500s. When it was over she said the course was fun but hated that underpowered bike. We are actually going to look at an 883 sportster for her, as she's more old school.

[Linked Image]

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Snyper

Of course it does you stupid fugk.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snyper

Probably. LEDs don't use that much power. Can't turn the lights off.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
A SPORTSTER?

Barf.

Glad you can spend time with your kids though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fugk. Are we boycotting electric motorcycles?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

That thing is fuggin’ sweet!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What a joke...

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Fugk. Are we boycotting electric motorcycles?

It's for the best. The torque would probably jerk the bike right out from under some folks.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
5 minute video. How long does the battery last?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by klondike_mike
There's no point in trying to sell a practical motorcycle because there is no practical reason to own a motorcycle. It's purely an emotional decision. Do you need a 1700 cc V-Twin motor to ride to work? Or a 1400 cc race bike with lights that will tickle if not surpass 200 mph? Of course not but if we were looking for sensible we'd all be driving Honda Civics. How boring would that be? I hope this new Harley tempts some young people to try a motorcycle and live a little.

They’ve been trying to sell “practical” motorcycles for a long time, since before the 650 Honda SilverWing at least. The latest attempt is the Bergman (??). Sales of these various incarnations have always been flat.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The thing I have against the 883 is that it’s geared lower than the 1200 in every gear, seems like it’d be sort of busy at highway speeds.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
If it sells more bikes, great. The more people ride, the safer the roads will get for all of us. It’s not for me, but I commute 28 miles a day on my bike. The range is plenty. I imagine the torque is a lot of fun too.

It will appeal more to daily riders and not so much to the weekend or monthly riders, or those who have to dress like a pirate.
For short runs to the grocery store or easy commuter purposes, maybe.. For anyone that actually RIDES (as in: 200-600 miles/day or a long, 5-10 day trip) they're about as worthless as a screen door on a submarine.. Range + time to charge = severe limitations..

IMHO HD should concentrate on what they do best - and stay away from any such electric bike..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The thing I have against the 883 is that it’s geared lower than the 1200 in every gear, seems like it’d be sort of busy at highway speeds.

I can see no reason to get an 883, when a 1200 on the same platform, is available. Had a 1200 2007 Sportster. Nice bike, inexpensive to operate, entertaining. Currently on a 2009 Lowrider. Still adjusting! Figured I was done going fast. Spent a whole bunch of years dragging knees. The cops didn't use to be so para-military then. Electric cars really haven't caught on yet, primarily due to range limitations and down time. Run out of gas on a ride, you're up and running in a relatively short ride. Electric? I guess you have to go back later and collect it.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck

IMHO HD should concentrate on what they do best - and stay away from any such electric bike..

Agreed. The goose that laid the golden egg, our generation, is passing away, meanwhile I feel for all the dealers who were compelled to invest in those friggin’ Harley superstores.

In the eyes of the public Harleys ironically have become “old fat guy bikes”, if they can keep their roots alive, eventually they will be rediscovered.

Right now when I step into a Harley mall I see Sportsters and “Streets”, both too small for all-day passengers, then it jumps up to friggin 800+lb motorized sofas that most folks couldn’t pick up by themselves if they fell over. I wish there were a range of bikes in between.

Most damning in my mind tho is that the dealerships will not work on bikes over a certain age, proof-positive IMHO that Harley has lost its soul.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by benchman

I can see no reason to get an 883, when a 1200 on the same platform, is available. Had a 1200 2007 Sportster. Nice bike, inexpensive to operate, entertaining. Currently on a 2009 Lowrider. Still adjusting! Figured I was done going fast. Spent a whole bunch of years dragging knees. The cops didn't use to be so para-military then. Electric cars really haven't caught on yet, primarily due to range limitations and down time. Run out of gas on a ride, you're up and running in a relatively short ride. Electric? I guess you have to go back later and collect it.

OR just pay attention to battery charge level and not try to go farther than you have the electrons for. Even gas bikes have fuel gauges now. And my 2009 HD softail even has a miles remaining countdown display - they can do the same thing with battery state.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Agreed. The goose that laid the golden egg, our generation, is passing away, meanwhile I feel for all the dealers who were compelled to invest in those friggin’ Harley superstores.

In the eyes of the public Harleys ironically have become “old fat guy bikes”, if they can keep their roots alive, eventually they will be rediscovered.

Right now when I step into a Harley mall I see Sportsters and “Streets”, both too small for all-day passengers, then it jumps up to friggin 800+lb motorized sofas that most folks couldn’t pick up by themselves if they fell over. I wish there were a range of bikes in between.
HD actually has added several models to that 'mid-range' area over the last couple years.. And more and more younger riders are gravitating to those - at least, that's what I see when I drop in to the biggest dealer in the area (St. Paul HD). I had an HD Switchback for about three years. Smaller, lighter, but rode pretty rough (Dyna suspension).. Traded it last year for a Street Glide. MUCHO better (full touring suspension).. But then I tend to ride anywhere from 100-300 miles/day when the weather permits and I don't get tired/stiff from its use..

Most damning in my mind tho is that the dealerships will not work on bikes over a certain age, proof-positive IMHO that Harley has lost its soul.
That's not limited to HD.. Few dealers will work with any bike over 12-15 years old, if for no other reason than parts may not be available.. That's the main reason I sold my '87 Kawasaki Voyager 1300-6 after 18 years of solid, reliable operation.. I knew that if something finally gave way I'd not be able to get it fixed.. It was time to get rid of it.. Helluva bike, though...especially at that time..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
For anyone that actually RIDES (as in: 200-600 miles/day or a long, 5-10 day trip) they're about as worthless as a screen door on a submarine.. Range + time to charge = severe limitations..

600 miles a day is one helluva commute.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
“Parts not available”?

For a Harley?

See, they sold their soul, lost their way, switched over to building disposable bikes, just like that other nation who’s name I won’t invoke just now.

Meanwhile it’s gotta be depressing to be an HD dealer; ya had to build a mall, clean used Harley’s are being sold at giveaway prices, your customer demographic is literally dying off, and first they were sending you “Streets” to sell, and now they’re gonna send you ebikes?

JMHO

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

324 members (16penny, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 40 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,022
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.