Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If you want to see what the H-D market is like,..stick one up on Craigslist.

You gotta give 'em away right now don't ya?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by deflave

You gotta five 'em away right now don't ya?

Well,.....you won't need to sit by the phone.

I think HD's are pretty much a Boomer toy,...and the Boomers are getting past the motorcycle age.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A lot of young men who are at "peak motorcycle" age don't even know how to drive a stick shift car.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
A lot of young men who are at "peak motorcycle" age don't even know how to drive a stick shift car.

My brother says the same thing and I think that's a valid point.

If you can't drive a stick, a motorcycle has to be a little scary. Especially if it weighs 700lbs.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
About half the young men are puzzies. These electric motorcycles are proof.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Oh brother.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

So the latest technology is for pussies. How you on the internet, you pussy.

Funny how some of you are offended by an electric bike. Makes me really wonder why.

You all do know that these are marketed and designed for commuters, right? How hard is that to understand? Of course, round here all the H-D owners keep them inthe garage and aren't interested in commuting on a bike anyway. The bike lot at work today was devoid of H-Ds again. I guess they're saving them up for those weekend fair weather days. Or maybe H-D owners are too busy hitting the open road to work?

Personally, I don't think this will be a success because of the price. A commuter bike needs to be economical. $30K is about 3 times as much as it should be.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
H-D is trying to make a hail Mary pass with the electric motorcycle. The technology isn't ready. The problem H-D has, is their name is associated with big twin cruisers. Any other type of bike they might want to produce is already being made by somebody else so they would have to compete in an established market.

A lot of the young men I see getting involved with motorcycles are going for the adventure type bikes. Some are still buying sport bikes. But sport bike ergonomics get old pretty quick,...and a lot of manufacturers are offering high performance motorcycles that can actually be ridden.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I had a Ducati 900SS when the Hinckley Bonnevilles came out. The Ducati SS ergonomics were good for about 100 miles back when I had mine during my early 40's. I had it down to the shop getting it serviced and they had 3 new Bonnevilles on the showroom floor. I sat on one and it was like old times.

I brought it home with me,...went back and picked up the Ducati later. The Ducati didn't get ridden much after that,..so I sold it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Funny how some of you are offended by an electric bike. Makes me really wonder why.

You all do know that these are marketed and designed for commuters, right? How hard is that to understand? Of course, round here all the H-D owners keep them inthe garage and aren't interested in commuting on a bike anyway. The bike lot at work today was devoid of H-Ds again. I guess they're saving them up for those weekend fair weather days.

Im not offended. Are you offended?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

You all do know that these are marketed and designed for commuters, right? How hard is that to understand? Of course, round here all the H-D owners keep them inthe garage and aren't interested in commuting on a bike anyway. The bike lot at work today was devoid of H-Ds again. I guess they're saving them up for those weekend fair weather days.

You can read my posts on here and see that I'm clearly not. I'm also not saying anyone that has a bike different than mine must be a pussy. I'm for more people riding whatever.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

You can read my posts on here and see that I'm clearly not. I'm also not saying anyone that has a bike different than mine must be a pussy. I'm for more people riding whatever.

Ok. Glad you didn’t get butt hurt or chafed twot.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Ok. Glad you didn’t get butt hurt or chafed twot.

Yeah, I do enjoy pointing it out in others though. Campfire snowflakes abound

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Hope the buyer's like retards and bicycle pumps and drive-by's and great families and streets that are dangerous until they're not depending on the conversation that day.

Drive-by next door, drug sales doen the street and yet I don’t gotta lock my door or my car, and a kid from the next street graduated from college with an Engineering Degree.

LMFAO.

Try on somebody else man.

You and I both know you're a fugking liar.

Nope, all true. If we meet on the fishing trip you can judge my character face to face

On the flat tire issue; in your gated community, I’m sure you got a week or so and then you get a sternly worded letter from the HOA, ‘nother week the tow truck arrives.

On my street, two guys early twenties had maybe 10yo Japanese sedans, tricked out like they do now parked on the street, four wheels on but obviously not running and being worked on, for like three months. City Code compliance eventually put orange move-em-or-else stickers.

They go talk to the Code Compliance lady, she gives ‘em two weeks, they get em running in that time. That’s how it worked. I dunno from personal experience I’ve never been out of code.

The house next door to me recently sold for around $160,000, a decent price in these parts, after house flippers from California bought it, fixed it up and resold it. The previous resident was a retired Navy Veteran and good guy, a nice young couple bought it. The house on the other side of them the druggie grown sons are back, and apparently dealing again.

And you can lean on my front door and force it open. Or do what I do if I’m locked out; take the window A/C out from the window and climb in.
20 years this year, never had a break-in (knock on wood).

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
One of my wife's childhood friends retired last year at age 61. He's got an old BMW R65 that he's had for years. I think it's a late 70's model.

He rode it from Toronto to the Arctic Circle last summer. Some where up there his transmission took a dump and left him stranded in a little village. He rented a room somewhere and sent off for parts that took a week to get there. Some local guy let him use a garage and some tools to fix it and he got it back home.

He's an unassuming looking guy,...spent his life working as a mechanical engineer. But he's got nerve to take off for the Arctic Circle on a 35 year old motorcycle at age 61.

My wife said that everytime her family would go visit them, him and his dad would be up under the hood of an old car with grease up to their elbows.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Why would a Harley owner put his bike up on Craigslist? That's ridiculous.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Nope, all true. If we meet on the fishing trip you can judge my character face to face

On the flat tire issue; in your gated community, I’m sure you got a week or so and then you get a sternly worded letter from the HOA, ‘nother week the tow truck arrives.

On my street, two guys early twenties had maybe 10yo Japanese sedans, tricked out like they do now parked on the street, four wheels on but obviously not running and being worked on, for like three months. City Code compliance eventually put orange move-em-or-else stickers.

They go talk to the Code Compliance lady, she gives ‘em two weeks, they get em running in that time. That’s how it worked. I dunno from personal experience I’ve never been out of code.

The house next door to me recently sold for around $160,000, a decent price in these parts, after house flippers from California bought it, fixed it up and resold it. The previous resident was a retired Navy Veteran and good guy, a nice young couple bought it. The house on the other side of them the druggie grown sons are back, and apparently dealing again.

And you can lean on my front door and force it open. Or do what I do if I’m locked out; take the window A/C out from the window and climb in.
20 years this year, never had a break-in (knock on wood).

You can stop trying.

You're full of schit.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Why would a Harley owner put his bike up on Craigslist? That's ridiculous.

You lost me again. Why is that ridiculous? Craigslist is full of Harley adds.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
He's an unassuming looking guy,...spent his life working as a mechanical engineer. But he's got nerve to take off for the Arctic Circle on a 35 year old motorcycle at age 61.

That guy is a hero to me cool

The BMW to have was the R75GS, their 750cc dual sport version.

In 1994 in bought a new R100GS/PD which was gonna be the bike I kept forever, the last BMWAirHead. Turns out that bike was one of the few lemons BMW ever made, stuff broke on it constantly. I was spoiled at the time on account of my previous daily transport was a stone-axe reliable KLR650 on which I put about 40,000 miles..

After two unhappy years and 45,000 miles I couldn’t sell that POS Beemer fast enough. I changed the oil in the KLR, dropped in a battery and after two years of sitting it fired right up like I had just ridden it the day before.

Now I’m needing another forever bike, this time forever prolly ain’t gonna be all that long.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
You can stop trying.

You're full of schit.

I was prob’ly wrong on a whole week with a flat before a HOA letter where you live, I’d guess a week before the tow truck arrives.

OK, another recent episode from my neighborhood, only the names have been changed.....

I don’t really work for a living but it ain’t uncommon for me to not really work until way late. At night I ride my bicycle without lights so as not to attract attention. So anyways I turn the corner to my street and there’s Roberto, wrenching on his mom’s truck.

Twenty years back Roberto was the punk kid who poisoned the guy down the street’s three dogs so he could break into his car and steal the sound system. The guy with the dogs found out who and serverely beat young Roberto.

Unfortunately the dog guy was on probation for DWIs and got sent to jail, whereupon his wife left him and took the kids. This was a shame as we all liked dog guy, he was an honest roofer/remodeled who did good work.

Twenty years later Roberto, now divorced with a kid,is a decent-enough guy. Works construction, works the oilfield, whatever he can find. The big news he shared that night is that there was a big police raid down the next street, six or more Cop cars at a house, looking for Stevie. Stevie is a thirty-something drug-dealing ex-Con who nobody likes. Now Roberto, like everybody else, was glad to see Stevie maybe gone, but would never turn him in.

Two houses down from Stevie and his dad lives a nice family. Their oldest son recently competed in State-level academic competition (with a project he got from me, natch cool ) and is one of those naturally gifted kids and a fine young man.

I asked that kid the next day about the Cops and he said he had seen Stevie sprinting off down the street moments before the Cops arrived. Some of the Cops were plain-clothed. They knocked on the kid’s front door and asked if they could search the house for Stevie, his mom let them in and they searched the house. No Stevie of course. Neither did the kid say anything about Stevie.

It speaks volumes tho that the family would let the Cops in, good family, nothing to hide at all.

No news of Stevie, possibly if the Cops had all that on him they picked him up somewhere else.

Ain’t you coming to Texas? this is all easily verifiable.

Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,494 guests, and 872 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.