Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#13752664 04/18/19
6mm250 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think maybe the act of dying is easier on the one doing it than it is on the ones left behind.

But then , I have no idea what goes through the mind of a dying person in their last hours/moments.

Does anybody know for sure ?

Mike.

Last edited by 6mm250; 04/18/19.

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Geez. Morbidity 101

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Look up some of that stuff from people who have had what they call "near death" experiences where they were just about completely dead but came back.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
If you are in pain, you are wishing it would hurry up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gus?

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickBin
Gus?

You beat me to it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think the Hornady 55gr psp is marginal for deer sized animals at .223 velocities. A creedmoor stoked full of 88gr. ELD's is another story all together.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 6mm250

But then , I have no idea what goes through the mind of a dying person in their last hours/moments.

Mike.

For Kurt Cobain, I believe it was about a 1-1/8 ounce load of #6

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord

Mike.

...fired by his wife.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As I lay in the hospital waiting on a transplant, which I had to have in a few days or die. I was so sick. So, I can tell you exactly what went thru my mind as I lay dying.

I thought of my young daughters and wife, my God and Savior, my Mom and Dad. I did not think about my job, my career, my yard, or my guns. I prayed earnestly for my life and then for the lives I would leave behind. I sought the forgivness I already had from the One I thought I would be meeting face to face. And then after they told me I had the offer of a liver and would be in surgery in 6-hours, I prayed for my wife only. She filled my mind as I felt the distress she felt. I was mostly at peace with whatever the outcome and I could tell she was not.

If you have time reflect and don't die suddely then the important things of your life will be in your thoughts. There is no time or room for anything else. If you surive, it is an experience that will focus your future days like a laser.

And, just for the record: Any rilfe caliber that includes "Creedmore" is for young girls, old women, and queers.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Slumlord for the win!

Old guy, old guns.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Mike.

Just spit beer out

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
As I lay in the hospital waiting on a transplant, which I had to have in a few days or die. I was so sick. So, I can tell you exactly what went thru my mind as I lay dying.

I thought of my young daughters and wife, my God and Savior, my Mom and Dad. I did not think about my job, my career, my yard, or my guns. I prayed earnestly for my life and then for the lives I would leave behind. I sought the forgivness I already had from the One I thought I would be meeting face to face. And then after they told me I had the offer of a liver and would be in surgery in 6-hours, I prayed for my wife only. She filled my mind as I felt the distress she felt. I was mostly at peace with whatever the outcome and I could tell she was not.

If you have time reflect and don't die suddely then the important things of your life will be in your thoughts. There is no time or room for anything else. If you surive, it is an experience that will focus your future days like a laser.

And, just for the record: Any rilfe caliber that includes "Creedmore" is for young girls, old women, and queers.

>i have been there and your very right about what is important our dear lord ,family and a few friends. thank you for posting this,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, back in my late teens, I died. I was in the dentist chair and had some reaction to a painkiller prior to scheduled removal of wisdom teeth. There was zero awareness that I was dying. It must have been almost instantaneous. Much like, I suppose, switching off a light. I woke up with no memory of being asleep or whatever. I asked what happened and was told that I had stopped breathing and my heart had stopped, but they (dentist and assistant) brought me back. The dentist did say “you died”.

While I was dead/unconscious I did have a dream of crossing a bridge that was shrouded in fog. Then the dream (don’t know what else to call it) started flashing between the foggy bridge and a swamp. When I was fully conscious, the swamp was a wall mural in front of the chair. I suppose, as I drifted in and out of consciousness, I went from dream to mural and back and forth as the eyes and brain started working again.

You read that there is a light in the distance. I remember no light on the other end of the bridge.

Had I stayed permanently dead, it was like my light went out. Didn’t hurt a bit. Went from conscious to oblivion instantly. That’s my recollection. Maybe a prolonged death is far different, knowing that you are dying.

There is a humorous side to this. The dental assistant was my age and I wanted to date her. She was real cute. I guess I looked pretty bad while dead, since she would never agree to a date after that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think maybe the act of dying is easier on the one doing it than it is on the ones left behind.

I don't think you are to far off on this one. When Ivan was dying from his brain cancer him and I talked a lot and he was more worried about the ones left behind than what he was headed for.

I always tried to not let him know how much it bothered me as I didn't want him worrying about me as well, I'm not sure I always did a bang up job but maybe I fooled him.

I think the dying worry about those that they are going to leave behind and the ones left behind worry about what life is going to be like without their loved ones in it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

6mm250 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

What is a Kurt Cobain ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Mike.

Mike ,
Howdy ...
Did you lose a family member or close friend ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got a neighbor lady who lost her husband last year. He had a heart attack and died on his living room floor. They shocked the piss out of him and got a heart beat and he spent a couple days in ICU until they turned off the machine. I promise, it was easier for him than for her. She cant hardly function. I call her every day and I hear her pain and anger at him, God and everyone else. Pretty sad to watch.

I was there for 7 of the 13 times they shocked him. I told my wife if I have a HA, wait 30 minutes before calling anyone. It isn't something that you want to see.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by hanco
If you are in pain, you are wishing it would hurry up.

+1. Been there, done that....

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
As I lay in the hospital ...

I thought of my young daughters and wife, my God and Savior, my Mom and Dad.
I did not think about my job, my career, my yard, or my guns.
I prayed earnestly for my life and then for the lives I would leave behind.
I sought the forgivness I already had from the One I thought I would be meeting face to face. And then after they told me I had the offer of a liver and would be in surgery in 6-hours, I prayed for my wife only.
She filled my mind as I felt the distress she felt.
I was mostly at peace with whatever the outcome and I could tell she was not.

Dang GG...alittle dust swirlin in here..

An incredibly written display of compassion.

Glad you made it, and sending a prayer up for your continued good fortune.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 1minute, 257 roberts, 59 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,191
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.