Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Found it, turns out it was backed up on "the cloud".

Here ya go.... Ghana 1981....

You can see another one anchored just off the beach so I dunno the one I was on was a full thirty feet, but of course being they're all carved out of a tree trunk they are all different. You can see the handle to the outboard behind the one guy. Most of the canoe is filled up with the net. Those things on the mast are kerosene lanterns, they keep 'em up there to help keep them dry, they spend the night tied to the net floats so the guys can see where the net is. Its a drift net, they play it out and tie one end to the canoe. Under Tropical conditions, eating the local foods, Western guys typically become skinny as a rail, which is why I'm so thin. Women on the other hand typically put on 20lbs, something to do with metabolism.

[Linked Image]

So there I was...... Um..... perhaps you guys need to get out more?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

How did you get to the Christmas party?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You can see another one anchored just off the beach so I dunno the one I was on was a full thirty feet, but of course being they're all carved out of a tree trunk they are all different. You can see the handle to the outboard behind the one guy. Most of the canoe is filled up with the net. Those things on the mast are kerosene lanterns, they keep 'em up there to help keep them dry, they spend the night tied to the net floats so the guys can see where the net is. Its a drift net, they play it out and tie one end to the canoe. Under Tropical conditions, eating the local foods, Western guys typically become skinny as a rail, which is why I'm so thin. Women on the other hand typically put on 20lbs, something to do with metabolism.

[Linked Image]

Which one is you?

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

[Linked Image]

Which one is you?

I'm guessing he's the dumb one.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by pal
...Dynas are directly descended from the FXR which was what Sonny Barger started riding when they came out. As a result, FXR's have a cult like following in California...

The FXR's cult-like following has very little to do with Sonny Barger, .

Bullshit.

"In terms of pure workmanship, personally I don't like Harleys. I ride them because I'm in the club, and that's the image, but if I could I would seriously consider riding a Honda ST1100 or a BMW. We really missed the boat not switching over to the Japanese models when they began building bigger bikes. I'll usually say "[bleep] Harley-Davidson." – Ralph "Sonny" Barger, Hell's Angel"

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

"In terms of pure workmanship, personally I don't like Harleys. I ride them because I'm in the club, and that's the image, but if I could I would seriously consider riding a Honda ST1100 or a BMW. We really missed the boat not switching over to the Japanese models when they began building bigger bikes. I'll usually say "[bleep] Harley-Davidson." – Ralph "Sonny" Barger, Hell's Angel"

Where did you find that quote?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Have you been to Key West yet? take a picture of a 6 toed cat or sumpin'.

Cheer your grouchy old ass right up.

I'm making the Campfire Great Again.

So STFU.

Cheer your grouchy old ass right up

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Cheer your grouchy old ass right up

Don't rely on me to satiate your need for Florida and pussy.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

I'm pretty sure it's in this book. I read it many years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Hells-Angel-Barger-Angels-Motorcycle/dp/0060937548

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sheesh.

Rough comment.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Especially from a guy that owns a Harley dealership

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

[Linked Image]

Nice ...
So ya helped em launch it and waved at em and said good luck to em in whatever pigdin they speak as they went out to sea.

JK...

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

if'n I'm s

Tell ya what, assuming we're both drawing breath you and me can set out in the summer of 2028, by then you will have yer resume padded and I should be retired. San Antonio to Tierra del Fuego, looks pretty far on the map, bicycles or motorcycles, your choice..... cool

[Linked Image]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50

[Linked Image]

Nice ...
So ya helped em launch it and waved at em and said good luck to em in whatever pigdin they speak as they went out to sea.

JK...

Holy crap! A Campfire fishing trip! Airfare ain't all that much, cost of living over there is dirt cheap. Let me do the talking and they'll put us up fer nuthin', you being a fellow Ashanti Prince and all....

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by benchman

Depends an awful lot on the riders. Simply put, there isn't an awful lot of room. I see no reason day trips would be a problem for most. One thing that is a bit different, is that riders of 30 or 40 years ago, wouldn't even question it. Given what was available at the time, a Sportster was just fine. People haven't changed physically, apart from being somewhat heavier, but their ability to put up with discomfort has changed. A bit of a choppy ride, and they whine. There are better options now, but a,Sportster is still a decent bike for a nice day trip. Nice seat, suspension upgrade, a bit of storage, and off you go. Just a windshield, if you need that. Something removable. Sportsters are really fun, nekkud....

Tks,

The thing is, Harley thefts have apparently fallen so low that you see Sportsters just left out parked in apartment parking lots all the time, a thing not possible in the old days. Not so much big twins left out, but maybe that reflects the economic status of the owners more'n anything.

Case in point, this custom was left parked outside of a West Side Walmart at 3am, prob'ly the ride of an employee, no outlaw club-affiliated red and gold "if-you-steal-it-we'll-pull-out-your-fingernails-before-we-douse-you-with-lighter-fluid" stickers on it neither.

Beautiful bike, but no fenders, and turned into a rigid by replacing the shocks with bars eek

[Linked Image]

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well the story I’m about to tell has no bearing what so ever on the perfect motorcycle. But it does involve a motorcycle. The reservation I grew up on, my uncles, bro in law had a motorcycle beats the ch it out of me what it was I think it was a Kawasaki of some sorts like 500 or 600 something. Hell this was yrs ago. Well ol Gibby Brunoe took it to the local tire shopoff the rez to get a tire fixed, well a few days later Ol Gibby riding down the highway feeling freedom. Hell might have been an eagle following him too hell who knows. Anyhow rear tire blows out ol Gibby takes a pretty good spill on the highway (this was off the rez) if I remember rights ends up in an irrigation ditch all ph ucked up. Passer buyers stop, none of them had the ol Don Johnson satellite phones, so they run to the farm houses call the cops and ambulance all arrive. Well Ol Gibby almost made a one way trip to the big huckleberry fields in the sky that day. Anyhow few months later after he gets out of the hospital Ol Gibby lawyers up sues the tire shop, saying they sold him a defective tube or tire. (I don’t know much about motorcycle tires and ch it) Well tire company lawyers up, They end settling out of court Gibby got like $10,000 bucks back in 1981 that was big money on the rez hell who am I kidding it’s still big money on the rez. The rumor on the rez ol Gibby few days after getting his tire fixed had another flat and decided he was going to fix it himself. Patched up the tube/tire and well day or two later is when he took a ride right into the irrigation ditch. He would always show people his ph ucked up scar lol. Last I heard Gibby had a stroke and pretty much sat in a wheelchair at his house on the rez until he died..

Last edited by 79S; 04/28/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm pretty sure it's in this book. I read it many years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Hells-Angel-Barger-Angels-Motorcycle/dp/0060937548

Old book, old quote, about old bikes.

The new HD's are great bikes, for the purposes that they are intended. They are virtually 100% reliable, tons of torque & are simply unsurpassed for comfort for long highway cruising, either 1-up & most especially, 2-up.

I've had older one & they left a lot to be desired, even when rebuilt & built up; I got 2 newer one & that have been 100% reliable & trouble free.

The HD's of today, starting with the Twin Cam versions thru the new engines, are not your HD's of previous iterations, either engine wise or suspension wise. At 80 mph, they are just loafing along.

As for Sporsters, had one in the '80's, built it into an 80'incher with full custom paint; it'll work for short rides 2-up if neither rider is too big...............I was 6', 170'ish & my chickadee was maybe 5'3, 120 lb, & she was a great passenger, so it worked just fine. But I sure as hell wouldn't want a 1,000 mile trip with her azz on the back. At least when riding solo, I could lay out & put my feet over the back pegs, now & then to break things up.

I'm plus 200 now & the bike is just too small other than trips around town.

A SuperGlide fills the fun bike bill now, with a Road King for serious travel.

MM

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

if'n I'm s

Tell ya what, assuming we're both drawing breath you and me can set out in the summer of 2028, by then you will have yer resume padded and I should be retired. San Antonio to Tierra del Fuego, looks pretty far on the map, bicycles or motorcycles, your choice..... cool

[Linked Image]

Sooo, you were never there?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Tierra del Fuego? Never said I was, not yet.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Time was, I'd stick a change of clothes in an old back pack,..strap it to the front forks and take off for the other end of the state with no thought given to getting tired. But it was a long time ago. I ran the top end slap out of this one,..tore it down and put another in. I got to be real proficient at rebuilding the top end of an iron head Sportster.

It's the first bike I had with an electric starter. The one directly previous was an old N-15 Norton with Amal carbs and a kick start. My right leg got to be more muscular and larger in diameter than the left during the years I owned the Norton,..seriously. The right leg of a pair of jeans fit noticeably tighter than the left leg. An electric starter on a motorcycle seemed like quite a luxury back then.

[Linked Image]

Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,797 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,304
Posts18,526,023
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.