OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Considering this for my .375... any feedback on those that have used this

https://www.edwardsrecoilreducer.com/

PASS IT ON!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know trap and skeet guys who swear by them, but recoil there is a cumulative issue.

I've put them in two guns, in one rifle, it was just added weight. So obviously it helped a little, but lead would have too.

In another, my single shot 10ga turkey gun, I replaced a steel bar stock weight with one and a slightly weighted spacer (actually a short stack of nickels lol) l My initial thought was it doesn't recoil noticeably less than it did with the bar of steel. Though the recoil reducer and the spacer weigh less than the steel did, so maybe it is working somewhat.

Last edited by cas6969; 04/28/19.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
C_Roy, unless your .375 is very light, and already doesn’t have a “very” good recoil pad....a good pad could be your answer! I changed-out the hard rubber pad on my old Win. Model 70 with a Pachmayr pad.....now a real “pussy cat”! My wife ran a bunch of 300 grainers through it, before she started shooting a magnum rifle, her comment was it wasn’t bad at all! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I use a Ken Rucker "Bump Buster" on my 375. Not cheap... but super effective. See:

http://bumpbuster.blogspot.com

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have one in a competition shotgun but haven't tried one in a rifle. all the reducer does is add weight which the Mercury adds a little more than lead as Mercury is more dense. Other guns to which I've wanted to add weight received as much lead #9 shot as I could get into a Baggie and still fit into the stock bolt. This what I did with other shotguns, mostly slug guns.

I haven't seen a need to do so with a 375, even the Savage is not too bad. I did add a different recoil pad which helped a lot- the original pad must have been a left over Browning pad from the 70's. I would start with a new pad, a Pachmyr would be good or a Kick-Eez if you wanted to add a little weight. I would also change my shooting position if shooting from a rest, get more up and down in your posture and not leaning down and in as one typically does from a bench. Shooting as if using a 22 will leave you bruised but if you can get upright your body will move with the recoil and not be very hard on you. I recently shot 30 rounds of 416 Rigby and though it did leave the shoulder a little sore, I didn't have a bruise. I fired standing from some sticks which allowed my whole body to move. This would be the way to shoot if possible.

Do what you thinks needs to be done but I would put the recoil reducer at the bottom of the list. There are other things that will make at least as much of a contribution for the same or less money.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,409
Posts18,470,295
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.