Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman
16 and "knows" enough to "knows" it was a [bleep], hell it's so great it's consistently 1st or 2nd for the most suicides in the nation!!!!! Great fuucking place!!

and Washington is paradise.... i been through you slice of "paradise" many times while stationed at fort Lewis.. don't try too church up Washington

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I left fort Lewis December of 99 and swore I would never go back to the god forsaken place.. now Colorado I go back too great place.. well minus Denver.. Arizona pretty damn good as well.. Alaska is #1 for me great duty assignment great place..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Just right, now you have anything to add about the Kenai river and the giant kings that were once common, or you gonna bitch and whine?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman
Just right, now you have anything to add about the Kenai river and the giant kings that were once common, or you gonna bitch and whine?

I sure do.. as others said go to Chile..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akjeff

"I'd like a big king, the weather sucks generally, and it appears from the last time I was up there, "in 91" , most Alaskans still think they're bad men..... Though my taste of Alaska was pow which is mostly druggies and tramps...."

So a visit to POW 28 years ago, and you know how "most Alaskans" are..............do us a huge favor, and go to Chile to catch your king.

They don't raise kings in Chile. They raise atlantics.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can guarantee that nobody is farming King Salmon. Nobody

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FishinHank

"I'd like a big king, the weather sucks generally, and it appears from the last time I was up there, "in 91" , most Alaskans still think they're bad men..... Though my taste of Alaska was pow which is mostly druggies and tramps...."

So a visit to POW 28 years ago, and you know how "most Alaskans" are..............do us a huge favor, and go to Chile to catch your king.

How's your ankle coming along? That animated trailer park boys kind of sucks..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never really got into fishing Kings on the Kenai. I've hooked, broke off, released, etc., many while trout and silver fishing, but for whatever reason preferred King fishing on the Kasilof. Trout and Dollys are a different story. I've caught some dinosaurs out of the Kenai.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S

Slower process than I would like, but its getting better. I liked the animated series, they got to do a lot they couldn't do before

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

They may not raise Kings in Chile, but they certainly have them.

Chile Kings

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone that knows anything knows that the Yukon kings trump all others. If you want to know why just think about how far they have to swim to spawn. Copper river fish are early and they are marketed, that is the only difference. Definitely not better.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan

Chile Kings

That is news to me, thanks for the heads up.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Slower process than I would like, but its getting better. I liked the animated series, they got to do a lot they couldn't do before

You referring to the tape worm episode lol..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Surprised they would raise them, kings cost the most to raise. Pinks and chums are where the money is at.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It looks like they tried to start a commercial operation in the 70s by planting eggs, the operation never materialized but the kings took off. Seems like it didn't take much effort, just time.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Chile Kings

At that price one have to be crazy not to go down there.. great prices even with airfare.. be great vacation..

Last edited by 79S; 05/02/19.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haha, that and going to space!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm betting it would be a hell of a trip, though I rather go down there for the trout.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It looks like they tried to start a commercial operation in the 70s by planting eggs, the operation never materialized but the kings took off. Seems like it didn't take much effort, just time.

I have been intimately involved with raising kings and they are a pain in the ass. They cost the most out of all the salmon to raise, that's a fact. They don't return very well either

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm betting it would be a hell of a trip, though I rather go down there for the trout.

Sea run browns? That is on my bucket list....

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 117LBS, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,387
Posts18,527,678
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.